UFC star to head to the WWE?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC star to head to the WWE?
grappler0000
11/5/10 11:28:49AM
So, that's the word on the street. Supposedly, a current UFC star is looking to head to the WWE after his contract is complete. I guess we'll see if it's true somewhere down the line, but does anyone have a guess as to who it is? Oh, and it's not supposed to be an obvious one.
DCRage
11/5/10 11:30:43AM
So who's spreading the word? (Source)
cowcatcher
11/5/10 11:33:10AM
ive heard the same thing, and my guess is tito.
scoozna
11/5/10 11:48:52AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Probably a good guess....I was thinking Heath Herring. He already has a personna.
Cdellorso
11/5/10 12:21:02PM
Kongo has the look
BlueSkiesBurn
11/5/10 3:12:40PM

Posted by Cdellorso

Kongo has the look

His english sucks, though. He couldn't work a mic on a daily basis if asked.

My guess would be Tito as well.
DCRage
11/5/10 3:49:15PM
His neck wouldn't be able to take it, he'd have to go under the knife again.
BlueSkiesBurn
11/5/10 4:15:16PM

Posted by DCRage

His neck wouldn't be able to take it, he'd have to go under the knife again.

You act like Ken Shamrock was in some grueling matches. Obviously he's not going to be competing in any tables, ladders, and chairs matches, but Tito could be an easy gimmick star. They'd just have to have low-tempo matches for him.
warglory
11/5/10 7:01:33PM
Tito would make an amazing pro wrestler just on personality and athleticism alone.
CaranoGirl
11/5/10 7:07:22PM
i was thinking Tom Lawler lol
BlueSkiesBurn
11/5/10 7:23:31PM

Posted by CaranoGirl

i was thinking Tom Lawler lol

Another good choice. Definitely has the charisma.
Playground_Samurai
11/5/10 7:39:58PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by cowcatcher

Probably a good guess....I was thinking Heath Herring. He already has a personna.

I think Heath Herring is a really good guess. Hasn't fought in a while, no fights scheduled, and he's been doing a lot of acting lately.
hate4thestate
11/5/10 7:45:19PM
The obvious choice to me might be Randy Couture. He has been saying he is thinking of getting out of MMA. Captain America would work well I believe. Also he has been focusing on acting lately.
TheGodfather1024
11/5/10 8:41:05PM
Maybe tito could win the title again
warglory
11/5/10 9:18:32PM

Posted by hate4thestate

The obvious choice to me might be Randy Couture. He has been saying he is thinking of getting out of MMA. Captain America would work well I believe. Also he has been focusing on acting lately.

Couture's way too old to actively start a career in wrestling, plus it seems like his personality is far from being flamboyant enough.
tcunningham
11/5/10 9:51:40PM
i dont think its randy. tito's a good guess. i hope to god it's Mir but i seriously doubt it is. maybe lesnar cant take the loss of his belt and he'll return to the WWE. i know them wrestlers make an ass load of money.
mrsmiley
11/6/10 6:27:09AM
Tito came really close to joining TNA a few years ago when his UFC contract was up and even did a small skit for them. He was a guest referee

Tito in TNA
postman
11/6/10 9:41:15AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Cdellorso

Kongo has the look

His english sucks, though. He couldn't work a mic on a daily basis if asked.

My guess would be Tito as well.

Tito has pretty awful english as well
jjeans
11/10/10 6:19:39PM
Dan Hardy?
DevonFoxy
11/18/10 12:27:00AM
It's reported that it is Roy Nelson. It's interesting to note however that while I've found this to be a very reliable site it could be just a rumor. He doesn't seem to fit the parameters the WWE usually looks for though.

Link
BlueSkiesBurn
11/18/10 12:37:34AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

It's reported that it is Roy Nelson. It's interesting to note however that while I've found this to be a very reliable site it could be just a rumor. He doesn't seem to fit the parameters the WWE usually looks for though.

Link

Not necessarily true. Yokozuna, King Mabel, Papa Shango, Rikishi, Bushwackers, etc...
FlashyG
11/18/10 1:11:09AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Link

I'd trust that site more if they got Roy JONES jr.'s name right. Interesting rumor either way though.
DevonFoxy
11/18/10 12:55:40PM
True but the WWE is starting to focus more on the Batista's and big and ripped guys as opposed to the hefty sort. Here's a link where they clear up some of their mistakes and put it more in depth. I think it's safe to say it probably is Roy Nelson.

Link
BlueSkiesBurn
11/18/10 3:32:35PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

True but the WWE is starting to focus more on the Batista's and big and ripped guys as opposed to the hefty sort. Here's a link where they clear up some of their mistakes and put it more in depth. I think it's safe to say it probably is Roy Nelson.

Link

They do have Windham Rotunda aka Husky Harris. Granted he's the son of Mike Rotunda AKA Irwin R. Shyster. I agree, though, Devon, I can't see much of a WWE future for Roy Nelson. To be honest, I don't think he has the personality.
DCRage
11/19/10 12:07:57PM
If this Fanhouse/MMA Fighting video clip Mania posted is to believed, it could be Quinton Jackson.

Link
hate4thestate
11/19/10 1:52:42PM
I heard it was Mitrione, but then that turned out not to be true. But now I am hearing it was close and it is someone Mitrione trains with.

I'd put good money on McCorkle. Might be Pat Barry tho.
DCRage
11/24/10 9:59:50PM
This just in from Captain Tenneal to all of us: "Well You're Wrong!" It appears the answer is Shonie Carter.

Article

We should've known.
hate4thestate
11/25/10 8:03:49PM
I cant imagine anyone more perfect for wrestling than Carter.