Standing Punch Bag - To Buy or Not to Buy?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Standing Punch Bag - To Buy or Not to Buy?
Ben_Hutch
6/24/08 7:09:25PM
I'm contemplating whether to buy a free-standing punch bag or not, they are £150-£250 ish. Would one be any good does anyone know?

Website with lots of Standing Punch Bags
Jackelope
6/24/08 8:27:55PM
I honestly don't suggest it. Hanging bags are much better for training footwork and timing IMO.
The-Don
6/24/08 8:39:16PM

Posted by Jackelope

I honestly don't suggest it. Hanging bags are much better for training footwork and timing IMO.

True.. but for home use sometimes ther eis no place to place a hanging one... I am having the same problem as I have a really good Everlast heavy bag and no where to hang it.. so all I can use it for is GnP... I am looking for a decent stand I can use...
6/24/08 9:22:15PM
I would go with a regular hanging heavy bag, those stand up one's, no matter how much shit you put in the bottom there is no resistance. But, if you are going to get a standing one get the bob. It's good for certain things like clicning and getting used to hitting in certain areas, but again not much resistannce.

So if you can get a heavy bag, get that, even if you don't have a place to hang it try to get a stand if you don't mind spending extra.Stand

The standing bags are good for when you are just starting out but when you develop power they don't work very well.
bigbubbano23
6/24/08 11:14:08PM

Posted by Jackelope