stance

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » stance
danny81
6/26/07 10:27:52PM
since i box i like the boxing stance, but i know i have to change it up. i want to kind of stick with the boxing stance im guesing the classic stance works the best but what about peekaboo?
RmblFsh
6/26/07 11:20:46PM
boxing stance is good, just widen the stance out a bit and square up a little more to defend takedowns
danny81
6/27/07 1:04:59AM
alright thanks. BTW how do you tuck your chin in mma? how far should i tuck it and im guessing i should keep my shoulders relaxed so im not rolling them into my jaw right?
bayonetxwork
6/27/07 9:15:16AM

Posted by danny81

alright thanks. BTW how do you tuck your chin in mma? how far should i tuck it and im guessing i should keep my shoulders relaxed so im not rolling them into my jaw right?

Just make sure you tuck it, and I personally raise my shoulders a bit so it makes it a little harder for hooks to land properly. I guess its just a personal thing. And about the stance, just widen it up so you can get a better base while protecting against a takedown.
danny81
7/1/07 1:16:47PM
how wide should the feet be? more than shoulder width apart? and how far should the foot be back? also i know that the MMA stance will call for me to drop my hands lower. and should i shrug my shoulders or keep them loose?
Canadian_MM_EH
7/3/07 8:17:46PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4 Photo Attachment 5
cmill21
7/3/07 11:35:48PM
It might just be me, but I rotate from southpaw to orthodox depending on where the other fighter wants to angle from. I also keep my hands up close in and my shoulders shrugged with my chin down. I'm going to be competing in RINGS soon (not a pro even) so i'll let you know how my stance fares lol.