After Spring Practice!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » After Spring Practice!!
casey64
5/12/08 11:51:10AM
Alright so spring practice for football is almost over and during offseason I was benching 205 and only hit the weights once due to injury during spring practice, so I was wanting to know if anyone could post some good advice for a good chest workout to get back up to where I was at quickly to get back on track for summer workouts.

Any Advice even if little would help!!!

Thanks, casey64
Jackelope
5/12/08 1:20:33PM
Does your school have a strength and fitness football coach? You should hook up with him and find out what he has to say. Especially since you can talk in person and he probably knows a lot more about you than the rest of us do. Depending on your goals you might just want to talk to the coach for whatever position you play.

Here's one piece of advice I can give you that it seems most high school kids don't want to do-

When working out it's very important to work out THE REST OF YOUR BODY. I was guilty of not doing it, and so was just about 80% of the football team I played on. Break your week down however you want (as long as you allow adequate rest for your body) but make sure you work all parts of your body. Legs, back, abs, chest, shoulders, arms.

When you do compound workouts with your legs like squats and dead lifts it will promote growth hormone in your body. I don't think I need to tell you how that will help the rest of your lifts. Also, get on a GOOD protein with casein, whey, and amino acids. Especially focusing on the amino acids part. It will help with your muscle recovery.

Last, but not least- make sure you're doing your lifts correctly. Check out these sites and hook up with a knowledgeable workout partner for some guidance.

Website 1

Website 2

Good luck, buddy
casey64
5/12/08 1:57:43PM

Posted by Jackelope

Does your school have a strength and fitness football coach? You should hook up with him and find out what he has to say. Especially since you can talk in person and he probably knows a lot more about you than the rest of us do. Depending on your goals you might just want to talk to the coach for whatever position you play.

Here's one piece of advice I can give you that it seems most high school kids don't want to do-

When working out it's very important to work out THE REST OF YOUR BODY. I was guilty of not doing it, and so was just about 80% of the football team I played on. Break your week down however you want (as long as you allow adequate rest for your body) but make sure you work all parts of your body. Legs, back, abs, chest, shoulders, arms.

When you do compound workouts with your legs like squats and dead lifts it will promote growth hormone in your body. I don't think I need to tell you how that will help the rest of your lifts. Also, get on a GOOD protein with casein, whey, and amino acids. Especially focusing on the amino acids part. It will help with your muscle recovery.

Last, but not least- make sure you're doing your lifts correctly. Check out these sites and hook up with a knowledgeable workout partner for some guidance.

Website 1

Website 2

Good luck, buddy

Thanks for the info, but we do not have a just strength and conditioning football coach, the coach the trains us is our head coach and he is just your local hometown coach that probly hasn't lifted a weight in 35 years so, but thanks for the info, and the websites!
JClaspell
5/13/08 12:25:56AM
hey bro..
do more than just bench..
its a proven fact that if you work out muscles. your whole body gains strength..
a very good whole body excersize is power clean..
also.. if you want more pure strength. do high weight lo reps.
for instance do a 5-4-3-2-1 workout where you add weight each time..
good luck
casey64
5/13/08 9:02:17AM

Posted by JClaspell

hey bro..
do more than just bench..
its a proven fact that if you work out muscles. your whole body gains strength..
a very good whole body excersize is power clean..
also.. if you want more pure strength. do high weight lo reps.
for instance do a 5-4-3-2-1 workout where you add weight each time..
good luck

Thanks man never heard of the 5-4-3-2-1 deal. Will give it a try though.
JClaspell
5/13/08 9:37:44AM
yeah. its supposed to develop raw strength. we mostly use it on squat and bench
casey64
5/13/08 10:08:30AM

Posted by JClaspell

yeah. its supposed to develop raw strength. we mostly use it on squat and bench

Thats perfect for me cause as a football player all we do is bench,legpress,squat,and powerclean!
JClaspell
5/13/08 9:22:25PM
I know.. us too..
i play high school ball.....

also. make sure to take a break from lifting and run.
it gets blood pumping to your muscles so that they grow back more effeciently
casey64
5/14/08 8:49:00AM

Posted by JClaspell

I know.. us too..
i play high school ball.....

also. make sure to take a break from lifting and run.
it gets blood pumping to your muscles so that they grow back more effeciently

Yeah I usually run before a workout to get the blood pumping!
JClaspell
5/14/08 10:09:03AM
thats good.
remember.
its good to take like a friday off and set it specifically for cardio and running