Spreading the word

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Spreading the word
prophecy033
11/11/11 4:42:54PM
What are the odds that the powers that be could make up some stickers that we could buy (maybe premium members could get upon enrollment) so we can spread the word about the playground? Since I drive for a living, I could reach FAR more people that way. I see various MMA related items in and on peoples cars. Just a suggestion. What do you guys think?
Poor_Franklin
11/11/11 4:59:31PM
nothing wrong w/ a decal, as long as it looks good.

i'd sport it.

i wouldn't mind a simple version of the old logo by itself & no lettering. always thought that'd be a cool tattoo
FlashyG
11/11/11 5:03:51PM
I've worked in print for years, I could get them printed but the cost would depend on the size, the material and how many you want.

It could cost anywhere from 200$ up to 1000$ for 5000 stickers.
pmoney
11/11/11 6:36:33PM
Great idea Prophecy! And on the most expensive end of FlashyG's quote, $1,000 for 5,000 stickers is twenty cents a piece. Sell em for a buck or two, the word is spread, a couple bucks are potentially made.... I would put one on my car, and I would use the others as slap ups
FlashyG
11/11/11 6:42:02PM
that 1000, is for a pretty big sized sticker too, if it was just the logo it would probably be somewhere in the middle.
prophecy033
11/11/11 7:44:14PM

Posted by FlashyG

that 1000, is for a pretty big sized sticker too, if it was just the logo it would probably be somewhere in the middle.

they don't need to be very big at all, just big enough to read as they drive by. I'm just looking for any avenue to promote the site. Word of mouth isn't good enough anymore. A visual representation sticks in the persons mind a lot longer then some words. I have a photographic memory so if I see it once, its there pretty much for good
kopower
11/11/11 8:31:40PM
I'd for sure throw one on my ride. I'm still not a fan of the fighter in the logo though. I'd rock a plain mmaplayground sticker.
prophecy033
11/11/11 9:09:04PM

Posted by kopower

I'd for sure throw one on my ride. I'm still not a fan of the fighter in the logo though. I'd rock a plain mmaplayground sticker.

yeah, take the dude off but just the MMAPLAYGROUND.com with the blood
KungFuMaster
11/11/11 11:19:14PM
I guess I can put it on the bumper next to the "I am a proud parent of an honor roll student" sticker.
prophecy033
11/11/11 11:25:26PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I guess I can put it on the bumper next to the "I am a proud parent of an honor roll student" sticker.

perfect
Aether
11/11/11 11:34:29PM
tried to prop you but I have to spread the love. I've been thinking about ways to spread the word about this site lately, and this is a great idea.

I think the interview series being on the front page and the radio show that blueskies and gartface do are also amazing ideas. I've been thinking that the site needed something along those lines if it were to become more than just a fantasy betting site. I would like for MMAplayground to be one of the staple MMA sites on the internet in general, and these are all ideas that can push the site to that level.
tcunningham
11/12/11 3:23:23AM
good idea
Budgellism
11/12/11 8:47:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

perfect

The two go hand in hand

EDIT: Also, I would be all for the stickers. Great idea for promotion. I'm with Aether on this one. We already post the news from several top mma sites, why not be considered one ourselves?
jjeans
11/12/11 11:24:46AM
I'd buy one for my ride