EA Sports teams up with the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » EA Sports teams up with the UFC
FastKnockout
6/4/12 4:58:30PM
I'm watching the live E3 coverage on Spike TV and Daddy Dana just announced a new partnership with EA Sports.

grappler0000
6/4/12 5:01:48PM
Makes sense...I knew EA was on the roster there for their MMA game. I was trying to figure out how they could possibly do another game without the UFC. What does this mean for THQ now?
FastKnockout
6/4/12 5:10:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Makes sense...I knew EA was on the roster there for their MMA game. I was trying to figure out how they could possibly do another game without the UFC. What does this mean for THQ now?

No idea where they go from here, but according to reports EA paid an "undisclosed cash payment" to THQ so I'm guessing it was a good amount. They've been struggling these past 2-3 years so I'm not surprised.
frizzzlecake
6/4/12 5:21:00PM
Looks like the UFC Roster is going to "BlackListed" now.
grappler0000
6/4/12 5:24:02PM
Y'know, this was probably a key move for Zuffa with Viacom/Spike/Bellator gaining steam. Gotta stay one step ahead when possible.
jakewalters
6/4/12 5:58:47PM
I'm pumped

THQ has failed trying to maintain their online servers.
ghandikush
6/4/12 7:40:54PM

Posted by jakewalters

I'm pumped

Absolutely but theyre traitors big time. The undisputed 3 video game was a masterpiece that surpassed the quality of fight night champion surprisingly. Im very upset. Theres no way EA will produce something quality in their first iteration after that abomination they made.
spang714
6/4/12 11:05:53PM
Im pretty psyched...i liked the ea mma game...hopefully they'll just revamp that model
Kpro
6/5/12 3:30:35AM
I think all MMA games are awesome because I wait until they're $9.99 to buy them.

I guess I'd be more critical if I paid $60.
gartface
6/5/12 11:22:11AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jakewalters

I'm pumped

Absolutely but theyre traitors big time. The undisputed 3 video game was a masterpiece that surpassed the quality of fight night champion surprisingly. Im very upset. Theres no way EA will produce something quality in their first iteration after that abomination they made.

Hard to call them traitors when they're failing in a big way. Gotta stay afloat somehow.