Sports, Movies, or TV Series'

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Sports, Movies, or TV Series'
POLL: Sports, Movies, or TV Series'
Sports 58% (19)
Movies 18% (6)
TV Series' 24% (8)
Kpro
9/8/09 7:11:15AM
This is probably a lot easier question for myself to answer than most, considering pretty much all I watch is sports, but knowing that many watch many different TV series' and/or always have to catch the latest movie, what would you choose if you had to pick one for the rest of your life.

You can either have Sports, Movies, or TV Series'. No fence-sitting, only one of the three, for the rest of your life.

If you pick Sports you get to continue watching MMA, NFL, NBA, MLB, Soccer, Boxing, NHL, Tennis, Golf, etc. You'd have to give up all sports to pick one of the other options.

If you pick Movies you get to watch all of the new blockbuster movies, and all future releases for the rest of your life. You'd have to give up all future movies as well as your current favorite movies if you chose one of the other choices.

If you pick TV Series you get to watch all of your favorite series' on TV, as well as all future series but no Sports or Movies.

What say you, and why ?
grappler0000
9/8/09 7:23:46AM
This one's easy for me. I don't watch much TV...and as much as I'd miss watching MMA, I would definitely go with movies, since MMA is the only sport that I watch.
emfleek
9/8/09 8:43:09AM
There's no doubt in my mind that I'd pick sports. I'm really picky (and frequently disappointed) when it comes to movies. As for TV shows...I can only handle so many reruns. One of my favorites shows (That 70's Show) became one of my most hated shows over a period of time simply because it's been ran in to the ground.

Give me sports (NFL, MMA, MLB, NCAAF, Golf) and I'll be set.
mkiv9secsupra
9/8/09 10:09:51AM
im almost tempted to pick TV Shows because worst case scenario is you still get Sportscenter, so you get sports highlights, and TUF.....but i will pick sports
PABLOMAFIOSO
9/8/09 12:55:22PM

Posted by emfleek

There's no doubt in my mind that I'd pick sports. I'm really picky (and frequently disappointed) when it comes to movies. As for TV shows...I can only handle so many reruns.

I like movies but they are way more likely to disapoint or be hit and miss. Fights or matches with quality competitors offer the best entertainment. I'll take MMA, Soccer (it's really called football!) and Golf over High school musical 10, the kung fu kid and other disastarous hollywood re-makes anyday.
Aaronno9
9/8/09 12:57:29PM
Sports. I do love watching films and certain TV shows, but live sports tops it all. Id choose going to the match or watching an MMA event over a film or TV show anyday.
FlashyG
9/8/09 1:32:40PM
I'm going to break the trend and say TV shows. Although it would have to be in DVD or Blu Ray form (I can't stand Commercials)

I can see the sports live, and with movies you only get a 2 hour story 3 hours Max.

With a TV show you can stretch that same story over many hours and tell a much better overall story.

I've said it here before, The Wire is the greatest story I've ever seen on a screen.

Now if I'm forbidden from seeing the sports Live, then I change my vote to sports.
DCRage
9/8/09 1:41:30PM
Sports. It's life, the rest is just details. And I hardly watch TV series these days with only 1 or 2 exceptions.
Violentcuv
9/8/09 2:05:05PM
Sports all day for me. My attention span cant handle movies... I only watch maybe 3 tv show series so I am content with sports all day everyday...
spikerman19
9/8/09 2:13:59PM
Nothing beats waking up on Superbowl Sunday or having your baseball team play relevant games in September. There are a lot of big sports events on Sundays throughout the year compared to only a few really good movies that get released.
Ordep
9/8/09 4:29:19PM
depends on the % of Golf included in "Sports".
emfleek
9/8/09 4:34:30PM

Posted by spikerman19

or having your baseball team play relevant games in September.

Huh? Does not compute.

Signed,
Cubs Fan
higdon10
9/9/09 1:34:08AM

SPORTS!!!!
Drudinh
9/9/09 2:43:05AM

Posted by FlashyG

I'm going to break the trend and say TV shows. Although it would have to be in DVD or Blu Ray form (I can't stand Commercials)

I can see the sports live, and with movies you only get a 2 hour story 3 hours Max.

With a TV show you can stretch that same story over many hours and tell a much better overall story.

I've said it here before, The Wire is the greatest story I've ever seen on a screen.

Now if I'm forbidden from seeing the sports Live, then I change my vote to sports.

The wire is the best for sure
CanadianCripplr
9/10/09 6:52:06PM
hockey on saturday night is a 35 yr tradition for me, NFL sunday is hard to beat too, wife hates the all day on the couch scream in and yellin and whining about bad pool pics and bets...
As for tv, I like Hells Kitchen. Must see for me.

so pick would be sports. Hate to miss other tv tho, i do watch too much of it...