EA SPORTS MMA Game

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » EA SPORTS MMA Game
POLL: THQ or EA
THQ 58% (15)
EA 42% (11)
spikerman19
4/18/10 3:13:58AM
They Showed a lot of game play tonight, what did you think. To me, it looked a little stiff. What game "looks" better as of now?
seanfu
4/18/10 3:20:20AM
EA is going to have a trully customized flavored experience whereas THQ is going to have functionality. THQ ftw most likely.

I would say EA for career mode winnage.
spikerman19
4/18/10 3:26:49AM
I was thinking EA could have a great career mode based on all the other organizations they can use.
MiniMan
4/18/10 6:02:24AM
Said many time, UFC 2010 will be awesome, EA MMA will be good too, But will only rent that one!

The carreer in the new UFC looks much better too.
BeeR
4/18/10 7:39:00AM
I was so psyched for this game after the screens and trailers, after watching all the footage last night, ive decided it looks like its going to be junk. And not Scott Junk, trash junk.
SmileR
4/18/10 7:42:49AM
I work (in a placement for my degree, not properly) in the game industry developing audio for many different types of games and pretty much everyone I'v spoken to about it says UFC blows EA's game out the water.
I haven't been able to play either yet but some people I know have played both and don't even consider EA's version a threat to THQ's.
From what I'v saw they appear to be right. EA's looks slow and stiff while THQ's looks a lot more free flowing an polished.
Only time will tell though, but I think the THQ could be 10x's worse and still sell more simply because its got the UFC name on it.
BeeR
4/18/10 7:58:31AM

Posted by SmileR

Only time will tell though, but I think the THQ could be 10x's worse and still sell more simply because its got the UFC name on it.

mrsmiley
4/18/10 9:01:27AM
I actually think the trailer shown last night was better than the previous one.
The ground game looked more natural to me as well as the clinch striking.
But we have to remember Undisputed 2010 is near completion and will be out next month. EA's MMA still has nearly a year left before its release. We can compare but it all may be in vain since EA has yet to show a finished product.
They're still adding fighters to the roster as we speak.
So I think all comparisons will be somewhat unfair until we get a finished product from both companies.
kopower
4/18/10 10:38:28AM
From the previews that were shown of the EA game, I thought they were pushing a new PS2 game. I know there's still time before it comes out, but it looked unpolished and generic.
AchillesHeel
4/18/10 10:40:33AM
I was not eempressed with eet's pearformance.
tepid55
4/18/10 12:17:23PM
THQ/Yukes game looks better right now, but I think the EA game will still be pretty good.
Caesarrrr
4/18/10 3:28:20PM
I thought it looked like a horrible game, the hit's didn't look real at all when they were showing footage. It looked like the technical side of it was solid, but how often do you see people jump for a flying armbar or triangle, and then get pushed off onto the ground? I feel like they focused so much on making it realistic, that its not even close to being realistic.
TimW001
4/18/10 5:18:38PM

Posted by BeeR

I was so psyched for this game after the screens and trailers, after watching all the footage last night, ive decided it looks like its going to be junk. And not Scott Junk, trash junk.

I am with you.

Neither to be honest.