"EA Sports MMA" adds Strikeforce's Dan Henderson to videogame roster

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "EA Sports MMA" adds Strikeforce's Dan Henderson to videogame roster
emfleek
2/5/10 10:59:21AM
After failing to reach terms for a new deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship and recently signing with rival Strikeforce, Dan Henderson has also inked a deal with the UFC's rival videogame: "EA Sports MMA."

EA Sports officials announced that Henderson signed his contract while at Wednesday's Madden Bowl, an annual videogame competition for "Madden NFL" held on Super Bowl week.

"EA Sports MMA," available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms, is expected to be released in late summer 2010.

Henderson, a character in THQ's wildly successful "UFC 2009 Undisputed" videogame franchise, now heads to EA Sports' Strikeforce- and DREAM-friendly title.

Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC), the first fighter simultaneously to hold two PRIDE belts, recently concluded his second stint in the UFC.

LINK
isk
2/5/10 12:37:12PM
I really want to see a later build of this game in action, because the sceenshots make the graphics appear washed out and visually boring. There's some serious uncanny valley stuff going on in the Monson/Lashley preview.
CwB
2/5/10 5:48:29PM

Posted by emfleek

Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC), the first fighter simultaneously to hold two PRIDE belts, recently concluded his second stint in the UFC.

The first to hold two belts and two diff. video spots...

First of all my memory is horrible so dont hold me to this, but, wasn't there a big commotion about the people who signed onto the THQ game signing away there name for good.

I thought Dana was runnin around forcing everyone to sign away there life to one video game, and fighters like Fitch and such almost left the UFC over this forced signing... Just wondering cause Dan is in the THQ game and wonderin if he is still contractually obligated to the one brand?
cmill21
2/6/10 7:56:41AM
I remember that to. I wonder if the older more well known guys didn't have to sign. I also thought if you were in this game you would never fight in the UFC. Watch out Randy.
mrsmiley
2/7/10 8:44:45AM

Posted by CwB

Posted by emfleek

The first to hold two belts and two diff. video spots...

First of all my memory is horrible so dont hold me to this, but, wasn't there a big commotion about the people who signed onto the THQ game signing away there name for good.

I thought Dana was runnin around forcing everyone to sign away there life to one video game, and fighters like Fitch and such almost left the UFC over this forced signing... Just wondering cause Dan is in the THQ game and wonderin if he is still contractually obligated to the one brand?

I remember reading this stipulation did not apply to "named" fighters so to speak.
Guys like Machida,GSP,Brock,Tito,etc, got to keep their name likeness.
I think that was a wish washy rule Dana and company tried to employ when it came to younger talent,as opposed to most already established fighters.