Jason Miller
Jay Heiron
Jeff Monson
Bobby Lashley
Nick Diaz
Marius Zaromskis
Joe Riggs
Melvin Manhoef
man this game is gettin loaded with great fighters..can't wait for it to come out...
State_Champ
1/28/10 7:57:49PM
I think this game is gonna blow THQ outta the water in terms of actual gameplay
RhythmAndStyle
1/28/10 8:17:24PM
ea sports makes very good sports game..the top football and boxing are made by ea sports..i think they'll do alot better than THQ did with UFC..the one thing i noticed bout UFC's game is that the southpaw fighters are all standin in orthodox..and i never really got the whole right stick submission thing out..i know you move it in a certain way and they'll do different submission attemps..so i just have a feelin EA's MMA game is gonna be way better than UFC's..
State_Champ
1/28/10 8:59:46PM
Yeah, EA definitely makes the best boxing game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
tepid55
1/28/10 10:20:16PM
I'll rent this game when is comes out.
MiniMan
1/29/10 6:12:49AM
I say over and over. YES EA will have the better gameplay most likely, But I dont care about 90% of them fighters enough to play as them more than once.

UFC games with THQ will rule, Just because of the line up. I still play 2009 online...
State_Champ
1/29/10 7:54:27AM

Posted by MiniMan

I say over and over. YES EA will have the better gameplay most likely, But I dont care about 90% of them fighters enough to play as them more than once.

UFC games with THQ will rule, Just because of the line up. I still play 2009 online...

Really? You'd rather play a game is with cool characters than a game with genuinely superior gameplay (assuming EA is indeed superior)?
I'm surprised by this.
In a sports game I think the gameplay makes the experience.
Hmmm....this is interesting
MiniMan
1/29/10 9:57:48AM
Its not like the UFC game is **** man, People havent even played the EA MMA yet and its already better.

And Hell yeah, UFC roster is awesome compared to it. I hate create a fighter stuff, Would just rather use proper fighters. Nearly every fighter in UFC 2009 is fun to play as, 2010 will be even better... Would EA NBA be half as fun if you couldnt play as the major teams, Hell no, All 2nd rate teams wouldnt make that game good at all... If both would EA and UFC team up that would be sick, But that wont happen. Ok, EA make some good sport games, But MMA is a very hard game to make, And I couldnt believe how well THQ handled it! With the new combat mechanics, I see UFC 2010 crapping all over this game.

to show exactly where im coming from, I will ** the fighters I would use...

Shinya Aoki**
Hidehiko Yoshida
Cung Le**
Gilbert Melendez**
Robbie Lawler**
Ronaldo Jacare Souza**
Matt Lindland
Scott Smith
Josh Thomson
Nick Thompson
Bret Rogers
Jake Shields
Franke Shamrock
Fedor Emelianenko**
Randy Couture**
Renato Sobral**
Gegard Mousasi**
Muhammed Lawal**
Jason Miller**
Jay Heiron
Jeff Monson
Bobby Lashley
Nick Diaz**
Marius Zaromskis
Joe Riggs
Melvin Manhoef**

Ok 13, Now break em into weight classes, Oh my gos the reply value! *IMO* Sorry but like MMA itself UFC is needed to be at that top level..
State_Champ
1/29/10 4:14:34PM
I don't know that EA MMA will be better for sure, but I think it will have better graphics and gameplay.
If it does have better gameplay then I would have thought that that would count more than the character(s)...after all, in sports games the character(s) can only be as good as the game behind them; it's not likethere is a story where even if the gameplay sucked the story and character(s) could still be really cool.

To answer your question "Would EA NBA be half as fun if you couldnt play as the major teams" ?
- It would absolutely be preferable to me to have lesser teams and better gameplay than to have major teams and inferior gameplay. Because it is the gameplay that puts the teams to use.

It is just my opinion but I can't grasp the other point of view...maybe I'm too narrow minded.
mrsmiley
1/30/10 3:12:07PM

Posted by State_Champ

I don't know that EA MMA will be better for sure, but I think it will have better graphics and gameplay.
If it does have better gameplay then I would have thought that that would count more than the character(s)...after all, in sports games the character(s) can only be as good as the game behind them; it's not likethere is a story where even if the gameplay sucked the story and character(s) could still be really cool.

To answer your question "Would EA NBA be half as fun if you couldnt play as the major teams" ?
- It would absolutely be preferable to me to have lesser teams and better gameplay than to have major teams and inferior gameplay. Because it is the gameplay that puts the teams to use.

It is just my opinion but I can't grasp the other point of view...maybe I'm too narrow minded.

I agree.
This is a critique I set up in my mind everytime I review a game with known characters or people in it.
If you took all these people out and replaced them with unknowns would it still be as fun?

Though I believe it's also important to note the weight having familiar faces can add to a video game.Though it shouldn't become a crutch that the experince soley relies on.
If Undisputed had a better though out submission system I would still probably play it everyday. But I confess that I still love it.
State_Champ
1/30/10 5:57:30PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by State_Champ

I agree.
This is a critique I set up in my mind everytime I review a game with known characters or people in it.
If you took all these people out and replaced them with unknowns would it still be as fun?

Though I believe it's also important to note the weight having familiar faces can add to a video game.Though it shouldn't become a crutch that the experince soley relies on.
If Undisputed had a better though out submission system I would still probably play it everyday. But I confess that I still love it.

I agree that UFC Undisputed is really fun, I love the game. It was the first game I got when I bought a PS3.
And I agree that it should/could have a better submission system....But I may be biased because I'm just terrible with the submissions in Undisputed. haha.
hate4thestate
1/30/10 6:37:12PM
i like undisputed but its missing so much. i really think the ground game and submission could be way better. i am an expert persay at the submissions on undisputed but i want to gogo and darce people. if they have aoki on the ea game there better be some awesome submissions like aokiplata. and the create fighter thing is weak on undisputed. i want judo and bjj but i cant.
State_Champ
1/30/10 10:08:44PM

Posted by hate4thestate

i like undisputed but its missing so much. i really think the ground game and submission could be way better. i am an expert persay at the submissions on undisputed but i want to gogo and darce people. if they have aoki on the ea game there better be some awesome submissions like aokiplata. and the create fighter thing is weak on undisputed. i want judo and bjj but i cant.

I find it funny/annoying/messed up that they limit your fighters martial arts in Undisputed because it kinda takes some of the 'mixed' out of 'mixed martial arts' doesn't it? I really do find that ridiculous.
hate4thestate
1/31/10 12:55:50AM
yea it kinda ruins it a little
Kpro
1/31/10 1:02:47AM

Posted by State_Champ

I'd take the real teams over gameplay, because that is what makes the game fun for me personally. If I had to make the Seabirds take on the Fighting Roosters instead of the Lakers vs. Celtics, there's no chance gameplay being better could make the difference in my purchase.

That being said, both MMA games *do* have real fighters so it's a mute point.

Just my opinion.

But then again, to a casual fan, maybe Hellboy vs. Aoki IS a Seabirds vs. Fighting Roosters matchup.

EDIT: I just realized I compared Aoki to a fighting rooster and would like to make a motion to have that be his permanent nickname.
higdon10
2/1/10 2:13:50PM

Posted by Kpro
I just realized I compared Aoki to a fighting rooster and would like to make a motion to have that be his permanent nickname.

I second that.
State_Champ
2/1/10 4:19:18PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Kpro
I just realized I compared Aoki to a fighting rooster and would like to make a motion to have that be his permanent nickname.

I second that.

I am currently imagining a rooster in stretchy rainbow pants.....
This is weird....
Pookie
2/1/10 5:59:25PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Kpro

I second that.

This is weird....

Rock-a-doodle
warglory
2/1/10 6:24:27PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Kpro

I second that.

This is weird....

Rock-a-doodle

omg I LOVED that movie as a kid!
State_Champ
2/1/10 6:33:24PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Pookie

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Kpro

I second that.

This is weird....

Rock-a-doodle

So Aoki is now to be called "Rock-A-Doodle"? because i am totally down with that if that's what just happened.
Pookie
2/1/10 7:58:04PM

Posted by warglory

Im pretty sure my very first memory, is of watching Rock-a-doodle.
hate4thestate
2/1/10 9:34:41PM
instead of baka survior he could come out to this

Sun Do Shine