So many sports, so little time...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » So many sports, so little time...
AchillesHeel
9/9/07 3:18:04PM
There's too many sports events going on!

I missed yesterday's U.S. Open Women's Final because I was watching the Italy-France Euro '08 qualifier. Right now I'm trying to keep tabs on Jets-Patriots, Red Sox-Orioles, Revolution-D.C. United, and France-Argentina in the Rugby World Cup. The U.S. Open Men's Final between Federer and Djokovic is on in about an hour, and the U.S. is playing Brazil in a soccer friendly at the same time.

This week the Women's World Cup begins, the MLB and MLS playoffs will be starting soon enough, and of course September is packed to the gills with MMA events.

Ack!
Twenty20Dollars
9/9/07 4:09:17PM
I know how you feel.
loonytnt
9/10/07 12:21:39AM
ufc and football is all im tryin to watch atm so im doing ok GO COWBOYS
ncordless
9/10/07 2:01:39AM
I hear you man... Yesterday the Hawkeyes and UFC 75 were on at the same time... was flipping back and forth like mad until the Hawks were up 35-0 on Syracuse.
Stickan
9/10/07 11:22:28AM
Bah I hate watching womens sports. Watching womens soccer is like watching my 16 year old male cousins team play, if not worse.

I'm not hating on women in general and of course they should do sports if they like to. It's just that in most sports you get to see better athletes when men compete so why watch the minor leagues??

MMA and Boxing is somehow different though..:

I missed Federer - Djokovic. How much did Federer win by?
AchillesHeel
9/10/07 11:36:25AM

Posted by Stickan

Bah I hate watching womens sports. [...] why watch the minor leagues??

Um... Because you enjoy the sport..? I watch women's sports, youth sports, minor league sports, etc. But I guess I have a higher opinion of women athletes than you do.

Posted by Stickan

7-6, 7-6, 6-4. It wasn't a spanking, but I didn't think the ending was really ever in doubt. Bud Collins thought Djokovic blew it in the first two sets, because Federer got in his head.
Stickan
9/10/07 12:59:08PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by Stickan

Bah I hate watching womens sports. [...] why watch the minor leagues??

Um... Because you enjoy the sport..? I watch women's sports, youth sports, minor league sports, etc. But I guess I have a higher opinion of women athletes than you do.

Posted by Stickan

7-6, 7-6, 6-4. It wasn't a spanking, but I didn't think the ending was really ever in doubt. Bud Collins thought Djokovic blew it in the first two sets, because Federer got in his head.

You probably do have a higher opinion of women athletes than me. And minor leagues might not have been a good comparison. I like to watch minor leagues of sports I enjoy as well, from minor hockey leagues to DEEP and SpiritMC.
I just don't enjoy women´s sports.

Thanks for the tennis results. I figured Djokovic would crumble and that he would have some jitters seeing as this was his first grand slam final and he was playing the greatest of the greatest at the moment.
I thought Roger would win a little more convincingly though.
Rush
9/10/07 1:14:58PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Wind played a big part in that game too.

As for women's sports. I'm not a big (watching) sports fan in general. Mostly MMA and hockey.

I don't like watching women fight. It's just something that I don't get off on. Even though there are a couple nice looking female fighters (Kyra and Gina come to mind) I think I would prefer to only watch the weigh-ins. lol

I'm not a big fan of women's hockey mainly because it's a slower pace and there is no contact. The Canadian and US teams are so dominant anyways.

I do like watching women compete in the Olympics: swimming, rowing, racing, skiing, judo wrestling..... pretty much any (non-team) event.

I wouldn't mind watching women's tennis, but I think the grunting is really out of hand. Sharapova also annoys me, so I was happy when she got eliminated.
AchillesHeel
9/10/07 1:28:38PM

Posted by Stickan

I figured Djokovic would crumble and that he would have some jitters seeing as this was his first grand slam final and he was playing the greatest of the greatest at the moment.
I thought Roger would win a little more convincingly though.

One thing I didn't know until today is that Djokovic is only 20 years old. Most of the ATP Top 10 are 25-29 (Nadal is 21).

Posted by Rush

I'm not a big fan of women's hockey mainly because it's a slower pace and there is no contact. The Canadian and US teams are so dominant anyways.

Women's soccer is similar. It's slower than the men's game, and there's only a small handful of sharks among all the minnows.

Posted by Rush

I wouldn't mind watching women's tennis, but I think the grunting is really out of hand. Sharapova also annoys me, so I was happy when she got eliminated.

Heh. Yeah, she's a little over the top sometimes. I still like watching her, though.