Sports Blues

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Sports Blues
Kpro
10/19/08 8:46:24PM
My Mariners became the first team in MLB history to spend over 100 milion on players and get 100 losses in the same season.

My Sonics have been relocated to Oklahoma City.

My Seahawks are in the basement of their division and losing to the Buccaneers on Sunday Night Football right now.

Can someone post something that wil cheer me up ?
haggiswashere
10/19/08 8:48:57PM
your ranked 54 in the mmaplayground picks!
Kpro
10/19/08 9:09:36PM

Posted by haggiswashere

your ranked 54 in the mmaplayground picks!

I use this fact on the cover letter of my resume with potential employers.
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 9:18:25PM
Try supporting both the New York Jets and the New York Mets
jiujitsufreak74
10/19/08 9:19:12PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

i was just about to post this brother...i feel your pain
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 9:22:34PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I was so angry when we lost in over-time to the Raiders, we had 2 or 3 chances with the ball but noone could find any space to get passed to, then Oakland just happen to get some record long field goal to win, out of all the games they happen to get it they do it against us in overtime.

Every season it's the same, and it's the same in Baseball to.

At least I have Chargers vs. Saints to go to next weekend here in London, that should be alright

Where abouts in NJ do you live?
jiujitsufreak74
10/19/08 9:41:53PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I was so angry when we lost in over-time to the Raiders, we had 2 or 3 chances with the ball but noone could find any space to get passed to, then Oakland just happen to get some record long field goal to win, out of all the games they happen to get it they do it against us in overtime.

At least I have Chargers vs. Saints to go to next weekend here in London, that should be alright

i live in New York, Long Island to be exact. over here you are either a Yankee/Giant or a Met/Jet, i happen to be the latter.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 9:55:21PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Ben_Hutch

i live in New York, Long Island to be exact. over here you are either a Yankee/Giant or a Met/Jet, i happen to be the latter.

I know all about NJ/NY mate, I have family over there, one of which is a Jets season ticket holder, been to New York quite a few times now and tend not to do the touristy stuff any more. Got to go to Shea this Summer before they knocked it down so that was nice.

Im trying to think on the brightside in terms of sport, but I really can't see any, the Mets need to sort out their closing pitchers, Farve looks washed up, it's all shit really :(
Aaronno9
10/19/08 10:01:26PM
I support newcastle united, and where 3rd from bottom in the table, have an owner who spends all his time either trying to destroy the club from the inside out, piss off the fans, or just sell the club to whoever he can grossly overcharge. Best 5 players (imo) injured or banned. Looking like having 3 managers in the space of a year. And we have a squad so small if one key player gets injured we have to play a reserve standard player. Sucks
Ben_Hutch
10/19/08 10:09:09PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I support newcastle united, and where 3rd from bottom in the table, have an owner who spends all his time either trying to destroy the club from the inside out, piss off the fans, or just sell the club to whoever he can grossly overcharge. Best 5 players (imo) injured or banned. Looking like having 3 managers in the space of a year. And we have a squad so small if one key player gets injured we have to play a reserve standard player. Sucks

On the plus side, you get to live in Newcastle!

Love you really Aaron
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/20/08 12:10:28AM
this could make u happy since most people hate these teams

im a Dallas Cowboys fan & an Atlanta Braves fan

& just to throw it in, im a Mississippi State fan too, we're 2-5 & show no signs of improving
MMAcca
10/20/08 1:31:25AM

Posted by Aaronno9

If you are such a Newcastle Utd fan, how come you're not telling everybody that your team will still qualify for Europe this year

Just joking Aarron
ncordless
10/20/08 2:02:15AM

Posted by Kpro

My Mariners became the first team in MLB history to spend over 100 milion on players and get 100 losses in the same season.

My Sonics have been relocated to Oklahoma City.

My Seahawks are in the basement of their division and losing to the Buccaneers on Sunday Night Football right now.

Can someone post something that wil cheer me up ?

How 'bout dem Huskies?
Naturaldisaster
10/20/08 2:08:44AM
my teams

Louisville Cardinals 4-2 (we can do better)
Indianapolis Colts-3-3 (not impressive at all so far this year)
Chicago cubs (got swept out of the playoffs)
UFC 89- I went 5-6 :( (Damn you Kelly and Vera!)
emfleek
10/20/08 10:13:35AM
I'm a Cubs fan. I don't wanna hear it.
Aaronno9
10/20/08 10:41:57AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

If you are such a Newcastle Utd fan, how come you're not telling everybody that your team will still qualify for Europe this year

Just joking Aarron

Go to st james park on any given match day, and you will not find a single fan saying we'll qualify for europe. I know your just kidding around, but the sterotype given to newcastle fans by southern press is absolutely ridiculous. Gets on my nerves.