BT Sport launches to customer complaints, UFC loses 3.8 million UK Virgin TV customer base

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BT Sport launches to customer complaints, UFC loses 3.8 million UK Virgin TV customer base
jjeans
8/3/13 1:52:25PM
BT Sport launched in the UK yesterday with a one day Freeview event to give potential new customers a taste of what they can expect with a full subscription. The day peaked with a 1.21% share (some 207k viewers) for the Bayern Munich versus Manchester City European Football (Soccer) match, according to BroadcastNow.co.uk

According to a BBC Business article, BT has spent over £700 million in the last few years for upcoming Premier League Football matches, compared to Sky's £2billion+ for the majority of match rights. ITV, Setanta and ESPN have tried taking on the Sky giant when it comes to exclusive live sport coverage and have been found lacking, and it seems BT has already failed to put its best foot forward.

LINK
SmileR
8/3/13 8:42:45PM
This is fucking bullshit! If I want to watch UFC now I'll have to change my cable provider and broadband carrier! Thank god for streaming!
Adam_Buru
8/4/13 10:01:54AM

Posted by SmileR

This is fucking bullshit! If I want to watch UFC now I'll have to change my cable provider and broadband carrier! Thank god for streaming!

BT's quite a good company. I've been with them for years and I don't pay that much for my phone and internet bills.
tattflash
8/4/13 1:40:15PM
I have to admit, the BT coverage was way better than it was on ESPN, they actually managed to show the show in its entirety. Not only that but they had a UFC, the story so far show, as well as a weekly news slot for 60 minutes, all seems good to me