I got a sponsorship!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I got a sponsorship!
papercut
9/1/08 7:47:52PM
So a few weeks ago I sent an application to revgear asking for a sponsorship. and today I finally got word that they accepted me into their sponsorship program for fighters. I was estatic. And its just in time for my first fight on september 13. I'll be fighting an amateur mma bout on the Evolution Fighting Championship (EFC) card in Fon Du Lac WI. I'm excited to show them what kind of potentional I have.
jae_1833
9/1/08 7:49:31PM
Good luck bro!!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
9/1/08 7:54:49PM
update us on the results...i'll be pulling for you
Jackelope
9/1/08 7:59:26PM
Nice, and Revgear is a decent company, too.

What are the details of the sponsorship at this point? Are they giving you gear, paying for your travel expenses or? I'm curious to know for some of the guys I train with
papercut
9/1/08 8:07:27PM

Posted by Jackelope

Nice, and Revgear is a decent company, too.

What are the details of the sponsorship at this point? Are they giving you gear, paying for your travel expenses or? I'm curious to know for some of the guys I train with

thanks guys. I will let you know what the outcome is. one of the best things about it is if I KO the guy I get $250.

To answer your question, at this point they are going to send me a pair of shorts and a rashguard free. and if I understand correctly they could send me random new gear to test. one of the requirements is once I get the gear I have to take pics of myself training and send it to them. if they like the pics they would consider putting them in the catalog. and they never said anything about the traveling expenses. but so far all the fights I have lined up are no more than 3 hours away.
Jackelope
9/1/08 8:17:01PM
Very nice. Thanks for the response.

The amateur circuit our guys fight for usually pay the travel expenses (they're about 10-12 hours away) but I'm not sure how it works with other orgs.
voodoo-jitsu
9/1/08 9:14:31PM
congats and good luck hope u put on a good show and win of course u should record it an post in the videos if u can that would be cool
cloud301336
9/1/08 9:36:45PM
hope you get the TKO in the first!!!!!!! good luck