*Spoiler* I am pissed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » *Spoiler* I am pissed
cmill21
12/6/08 7:18:23AM
Ok, I think Badr is a very good fighter, but what the hell. He ruined everyones night, which was an amazing one. Awsome fights, the final was going awsome with Remy dropping Badr and starting to batter the legs and he decides to punch and stomp Remy. No it didn't look like it was devastating but Remy had the fight won anyways with two 10-8's and you know he wasn't going to be able to KO Remy. Just disgusted the first live telecast ended that way for you guys. Dispicable, I am sorry.
juanez13
12/6/08 9:15:21AM
Dont know what the hell is wrong with Badr, he looked amazing against Aerts, and the fight with Zimmerman was amazing!.........

The strikes didnt look devastating, but Badr still should have been gotten dq. Wasnt enough stomping Remy, he goes and talks shit to Remy's corner!. He better pull his sh*t together.

Other thoughts on the event-> Fell sorry for LeBanner, too bad the injury took him out of the fight, this is probably the last GP we will see him in.

Sefo breaking the 6 fight loosing streak was good to see. Choi way to slow.

definitely not was I was expecting in the finals. I hope they do a rematch for the HW strap soon.

Remy would have won the fight, but hate to see it end like this. It was an amazing event as a whole, excluding the last incident. Too good to be true!
tuvok500
12/6/08 11:45:17AM
Regardless of the ending, the guy who was in front in the points won the fight so it is not like Remy was acting to try to steal the championship.

As for Badr, well, shame on him...

WAR REMY !!!

postman
12/6/08 12:05:45PM
"Do the punches of Remy Bonjasky have less weight behind them then Amy Winehouse?" Had to be line of the night.

Edit: Ok so Kimbo: "I love the city of Japan" That beats it as I continue to watch they just continue to make me laugh.

juanez13
12/6/08 12:25:58PM
Here are some of the fights for those who didnt get a chance to watch it->

Quarterfinals->
Badr Hari vs Peter Aerts

Zimmerman vs Teixeira

Saki vs Karev

Bonjasky vs LeBanner

Semifinals->

Zimmerman vs Hari Definitely the best fight of this years GP, was on the edge of my seat for the whole fight!

Final->
Badr Hari vs Remy Bonjasky

looking at the fight again, the stomp and the punches on the ground didnt seem at all powerful. I think it was more the flurry from Hari leading up to the incident. Regardless, Hari should have been DQ'd for his actions alone, the damage he did was irrelevant.
postman
12/6/08 1:36:19PM

Posted by juanez13

Here are some of the fights for those who didnt get a chance to watch it->

Quarterfinals->
Badr Hari vs Peter Aerts

Zimmerman vs Teixeira

Saki vs Karev

Bonjasky vs LeBanner

Semifinals->

Zimmerman vs Hari Definitely the best fight of this years GP, was on the edge of my seat for the whole fight!

Final->
Badr Hari vs Remy Bonjasky

looking at the fight again, the stomp and the punches on the ground didnt seem at all powerful. I think it was more the flurry from Hari leading up to the incident. Regardless, Hari should have been DQ'd for his actions alone, the damage he did was irrelevant.

Its hard to say the stomp did extend his neck never know what problems that can cause. I can now say I am a a K-1 fan. With Cro Cops problems in MMA any chance of seeing him stepping back into the K1 ring?
jiujitsufreak74
12/6/08 5:27:24PM
My thoughts:

-first i want to say, what a great night of fights. not one boring fight in the whole GP.

-juanez, i guess you were wrong about Melvin huh

-i was a little unhappy that JLB had to stop because of that old elbow injury. he just has too many battle scars and i think it may unfortunately be time for him to consider retirement if that elbow keeps acting up.

-i was surprised at how much trouble Hari gave Aerts. it seemed as if Peter couldn't handle Hari's onslaught at all.

-Ewerton would have won imo if he didn't get dropped with 20 seconds left

-Maybe Hari should go into MMA, that was a good TD...

-i am also not convinced Ramy would have won if Hari didn't DQ himself.
cmill21
12/6/08 6:48:32PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Remy would have been up 20-16 going into the third. Remy's defense is amazing, best in the sport. I just don't think Hari would have been able to get anything through that would put him down, Remy also has a great chin.
jiujitsufreak74
12/6/08 6:49:41PM

Posted by cmill21

Remy would have been up 20-16 going into the third. Remy's defense is amazing, best in the sport. I just don't think Hari would have been able to get anything through that would put him down, Remy also has a great chin.

if you take out the punches to the ground, why would round two have been 10-8? i had Hari winning round 2 and he was winning round one until he got dropped.
cmill21
12/6/08 6:50:48PM

Posted by cmill21

if you take out the punches to the ground, why would round two have been 10-8?

Remy was IMO winning the round and Badr had a point taken for the attack.
Jackelope
12/6/08 6:51:27PM
Man, I wanted to see JLB have the one last hoorah victory
EvenFlow
12/6/08 7:10:19PM
I was gonna prop you for the videos juanez but gotta spread the love aparently.

It was sad for me to watch Aerts get outpointed and dropped but like a warrior he didnt give up, the ref stopped it and even as a big fan of Aerts I think he was done.

Great to see Sefo win

It was hard to watch LeBanner lose out on a GP title again but Remy was my projected GP winner and he was on his way to a decision win anyway unless LeBanner KO'd him which I didnt see happening that late in the fight.

The GP final should be a NC so they have fight again, dont know what Badr's problem was going for GnP and a stomp, if there has to be a winner its Remy by DQ and I agree with most that Remy was ahead, why else would Badr do some stupid crap like that?

It didnt show the aftermath or outcome but did they really give Badr the GP after watching the replay? or are did they pull a Burns/Johnson and go with a blind decision via "ref didnt see it"

EDIT: FOTN goes to Zimmerman / Hari
cmill21
12/6/08 7:16:26PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Was gonna prop you juanez but gotta spread the love aparently.

It was really sad for me to watch Aerts get outpointed and dropped but like a warrior he didnt give up the ref stopped it and even as a big fan of Aerts I think he was done.

Also hard to watch LeBanner lose out on a GP title again but Remy was my projected winner and he was on his way to a decision win anyway unless LeBanner KO'd him which I didnt see happening that late in the fight.

The GP final should be a NC so they have fight again, dont know what Badr's problem was going for GnP and a stomp, if there has to be a winner its Remy by DQ and I agree with most that Remy was slightly ahead, why else would Badr do some stupid crap like that?

It didnt show the outcome but did they honestly give Badr the GP after watching the replay? or are they gonna pull a Burns/Johnson and go with the ref's blind decision?

No they did not. Remy is the winner and it should be that way. Ahead on the cards and he has his head stomped on. K-1 is disgusted by this and they feel it tarnished the sports prestige which has always been a huge thing in K-1.

EDIT: Badr was also fined his entire purse and they are thinking of some other form of punishment. Kakuda isn't just a ref either, he's the K-1 rules director.
EvenFlow
12/6/08 7:23:01PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by EvenFlow

I was gonna prop you for the videos juanez but gotta spread the love aparently.

It was sad for me to watch Aerts get outpointed and dropped but like a warrior he didnt give up, the ref stopped it and even as a big fan of Aerts I think he was done.

Great to see Sefo win

It was hard to watch LeBanner lose out on a GP title again but Remy was my projected GP winner and he was on his way to a decision win anyway unless LeBanner KO'd him which I didnt see happening that late in the fight.

The GP final should be a NC so they have fight again, dont know what Badr's problem was going for GnP and a stomp, if there has to be a winner its Remy by DQ and I agree with most that Remy was ahead, why else would Badr do some stupid crap like that?

It didnt show the aftermath or outcome but did they really give Badr the GP after watching the replay? or are did they pull a Burns/Johnson and go with a blind decision via "ref didnt see it"

EDIT: FOTN goes to Zimmerman / Hari

No they did not. Remy is the winner and it should be that way. Ahead on the cards and he has his head stomped on. K-1 is disgusted by this and they feel it tarnished the sports prestige which has always been a huge thing in K-1.

EDIT: Badr was also fined his entire purse and they are thinking of some other form of punishment.

As glad as I am to hear this its a damn shame it had to end that way and in a way does tarnish K-1 certian aspects. What type of punishment do you think they'll hand out?
cmill21
12/6/08 7:28:33PM

Posted by EvenFlow

As glad as I am to hear this its a damn shame it had to end that way and in a way does tarnish K-1 certian aspects. What type of punishment do you think they'll hand out?

I honestly have no idea. I'm trying to find out what happend to Sapp when he attacked Remy on the ground. I would assume it would be a bit more then that due to it being the championship bout.
ncordless
12/6/08 7:31:46PM
I personally thought Saki vs. Karaev (sp) was fight of the night. That fight was back and forth, and Saki in particular was entertaining.

Badr Hari just went crazy. The fight was getting intense and Badr lost it. I hope he gets thrown out and fights Bob Sapp in Japan with takedowns and stomps.
cmill21
12/6/08 7:34:04PM

Posted by ncordless

I personally thought Saki vs. Karaev (sp) was fight of the night. That fight was back and forth, and Saki in particular was entertaining.

Badr Hari just went crazy. The fight was getting intense and Badr lost it. I hope he gets thrown out and fights Bob Sapp in Japan with takedowns and stomps.

Bobby's supposed to be coming back to fight in K-1 lol.
loller90278
12/6/08 7:49:29PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ncordless

Bobby's supposed to be coming back to fight in K-1 lol.

i'm calling it right now, sapp vs kimbo
RampageOwnedYou
12/7/08 1:07:53PM
All I know is, i truly never was a huge fan of K1. But after watching this fight, i must say, i am a huge fan of it now, What a great event, and some great fights.

The final was very dissapointing, and I feel Bonjesky kinda faked it. But either way was great event. Badr did a big no-no, and paid for it, as he should of. His actions were uncalled for, and very poor judgement on his part.
pv3Hpv3p
12/8/08 11:18:43AM

Posted by ncordless

Saki / Karaev was a great fight... But I thought that Hari / Zimmerman had to take FOTN honours... That was also another back and forth war...

What a great night of fights in general... And I almost don't mind the ending, although slightly anticlimactic, it sure left me wanting ot see more... Maybe K[-1 can get a Badr / Bonjasky superfight on the Premium Dynamite card?!?! (I know it's too soon, but nothing wrong with wishfull thinking, right?)
emfleek
12/8/08 11:25:33AM
Damnit. I forgot I had this on my DVR!!!
pv3Hpv3p
12/8/08 6:17:52PM

Posted by emfleek

Damnit. I forgot I had this on my DVR!!!

Check it out STAT, bro... It was awesome