Split Decision?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Split Decision?
ChokeUout
6/22/08 4:03:43AM
I'm sure you all know the fight I'm talking about.

Kendal DOminated that fight. Tanner got battered, Bloodied, dropped, and outside of a few punches that landed, really had no Answers for Grove. I give Tanner a ton of credit, He's got the heart of a champion, and he'll never quit, and certainly didn't tonight.

But WHAT KIND OF DRUGS was the judge that gave the fight to Tanner on? Was he watching the same fight I was, or the same fight that the two judges who scored the contest 30-26 were watching?

I'm baffled. Does anyone have any idea how anyone could fesibly give that fight to Tanner? If so, please speak up, cause I can't think of any.
juanez13
6/22/08 9:38:00AM
Man, i'm telling you, that had to be Cecil Peoples
nickcuc547
6/22/08 9:57:46AM
out of all the suspect decisions i have seen the guy who gave that fight to tanner is the worst by far, tanner was dominated and destroyed from start to finish. the first round was fairly close i guess but to give tanner two rounds is absurd. this judge should never judge a fight ever again.
dannyfrank
6/22/08 10:21:34AM
i honestly dont know. i was thinking the same thing when i heard them say split decision
pdanke
6/22/08 11:02:07AM
Shouldn't we all expect that by now? There's almost always one crazy judge... in the case of Hamill/Bisping, there were 2.

The judge was probably in a trance due to beard-envy.
nickcuc547
6/22/08 12:12:57PM

Posted by pdanke

Shouldn't we all expect that by now? There's almost always one crazy judge... in the case of Hamill/Bisping, there were 2.

The judge was probably in a trance due to beard-envy.

this judge makes the hammil/bisping judges look reasonable, and putting reasonable next to the bispng/hammil decision is ludacris.
Rush
6/22/08 12:46:27PM
The call was unbelievable.

That fight should have been a 30-27 UD for Grove.
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/08 1:00:10PM
I still didnt think it was that impressive of a fight for kendall, compared to his first two wins in the ufc.

i could see how it was a split decision.
nickcuc547
6/22/08 1:44:48PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I still didnt think it was that impressive of a fight for kendall, compared to his first two wins in the ufc.

i could see how it was a split decision.

Really?? I honestly can't see how tanner takes two rounds, the first maybe (and that's a big maybe), but two? i say no way. While I agree it wasn't total domination for three rounds, but the second round was a two point round if you ask me, tanner had no offense.
stock
6/22/08 8:45:24PM
I was speechless upon hearing that the first judge scored the fight 29-28 - Tanner.
I have absolutely no explanation and nothing to add.
CornishMMA
6/26/08 8:29:01AM
It was that new judge wasnt it? I forget his name but im pretty sure it was the same one that scored the 2nd RD for Kimbo

30-27 was the correct score so they were all wrong imho, the 2nd rd wasdnt enough for a 10-8, Tanner was rocked for a few secs, if every fight like that was scored 10-8 then, well, wtf
joshryanshepherd
6/26/08 10:01:12PM
yeah it definitely wasn't split. i think it was 30-26. 30-26 and 28-29... what happen to that guy??
Pitbull09
6/27/08 12:26:30AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

yeah it definitely wasn't split. i think it was 30-26. 30-26 and 28-29... what happen to that guy??

Maybe he was just as rocked as Tanner in the 2nd round.