Spike Releases Fight For The Troops Card, Koscheck Still On, 3 Hour Event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Spike Releases Fight For The Troops Card, Koscheck Still On, 3 Hour Event
DCRage
11/10/08 1:50:26PM
Spike TV officially announced the UFC Fights For The Troops card for next month's special TV event, and questions about whether or not Josh Koscheck would still fight Yoshiyuki Yoshida on the card coming off his UFC 90 last-minute fight were answered: He will. The fight is still on.

Article

Also, Spike announced the event will be a 3 hour broadcast and feature at least 5 televised fights.

Article
4u2nv
11/10/08 4:03:07PM
Nice find. I just wish they could have some more big named guys on here but it coming together pretty well.
DCRage
11/10/08 4:58:12PM
Would be nice of course, but no matter what they call it the event is still a UFN, which means a showcase mostly for lower and mod-carders with big names in the main event to draw interest. Plus with this being an event for the troops like the one last year they want to focus more on the fighters who were in the military.
emfleek
11/11/08 9:14:58AM

Steve Cantwell battles Razak Al-Hussan

Hmm...I wonder who the UNITED STATES MILITARY will be rooting for in this fight?

cmb19932
11/11/08 9:41:57AM
DCRage
11/11/08 11:20:34AM
Update on the event: It's been announced that this will be a 3 hour TV broadcast and that at least 5 fights will air live.

Article
emfleek
11/11/08 11:29:51AM

Posted by DCRage

Update on the event: It's been announced that this will be a 3 hour TV broadcast and that at least 5 fights will air live.

Article

Is Frank Mir would say...

Posted by Frank Mir

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

ziegler3334
11/11/08 11:34:55AM
Good to hear its three hours. Thw two hour shows are just not enough time and i think that they are going to have more than just the fights, like celebrities and stuff, talking about troops. The whole idea of this is a great one. I think the atmosphere will lead to a really enjoyable show, for people there and those of us on the couch.

That being said, a lot of these fights are not that exciting to me. I'm looking to forward to Kos/Yoshida and Edgar/Wiman a little. But after that, not so much.
Either way, I'm sure it'll be another great UFC production.
emfleek
11/11/08 11:41:26AM
Honestly, Joe Silva could matchup a box of Oreos with a broken pencil and I'd still watch it. The big name matchups aren't always the exciting fights. This is an opportunity to see some of the lesser known guys who may, one day, be a dominating force in MMA.
DCRage
11/11/08 11:42:25AM
It's a good move considering the 13th is a Saturday night. Obviously it could face still competition from college football but if this is anything like the event they put on last year, it should be a solid show and a great fundrasier for the Fallen Heroes Fund. They'll make sure the troops in attendance have a great time.