Spike TV hashing out great TV shows

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Spike TV hashing out great TV shows
The_Metal_Maniac
4/14/09 10:25:43AM
Spike seals deal for show on Navy pirate hunters

NEW YORK – Barely a day after the daring rescue of an American sea captain, cable TV's Spike announced a deal Monday to produce a show about U.S. Navy pirate hunters.

Two crews for 44 Blue Productions hope to be on board Navy vessels patrolling in the pirate-infested waters off the coast of Africa within two weeks. The company is aiming to have a series ready to put on the air by September, said Rasha Drachkovitch, 44 Blue's president and founder.

He'd been talking to the Navy about the idea for three months, but it was finished late last week while the standoff with pirates who had taken Capt. Richard Phillips hostage was going on.

"We had no idea if last week's events would actually kill the deal or seal the deal," said Sharon Levy, Spike's senior vice president for original series.

Article
The_Metal_Maniac
4/14/09 10:27:00AM
DCRage
4/14/09 10:30:46AM
So just edit the first post then. Most of these shows don't appeal to me, all I watch on Spike now besides Star Wars movies is UFC.
Khaos
4/14/09 10:51:21AM

Posted by DCRage

So just edit the first post then. Most of these shows don't appeal to me, all I watch on Spike now besides Star Wars movies is UFC.

I kinda agree, other then UFC related programs, Star Wars movie reruns, and Deadliest Warrior, I dont really enjoy much on Spike, and evrything other then the aforementioned show doesn't appeal to me.
DCRage
4/14/09 10:58:10AM
The last great show they had to me, and this goes back to before UFC, was MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) until they finally dropped it about 2 years ago after 5 seasons. Fortunately I was able to find 3 of the 5 seasons on iTunes, I can hopefully find the 2 I'm missing (seasons 3 & 4) on DVD.
emfleek
4/14/09 11:00:07AM

Posted by DCRage

The last great show they had to me, and this goes back to before UFC, was MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) until they finally dropped it about 2 years ago after 5 seasons. Fortunately I was able to find 3 of the 5 seasons on iTunes, I can hopefully find the 2 I'm missing (seasons 3 & 4) on DVD.

Agreed. MXC kicked ass.

All I watch now is:

UFC-related programming
1000 Ways to Die
Khaos
4/14/09 11:09:39AM

Posted by DCRage

Also agreed MXC was great, though I stopped watching a long time ago, then I found shows like Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke on G4, so I pretty much stick to those now.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/14/09 11:20:39AM
1000 ways to die is pretty cool. The Deadliest Warrior and all of the UFC.
Amigop
4/14/09 8:41:28PM

Posted by Khaos

Posted by DCRage

Also agreed MXC was great, though I stopped watching a long time ago, then I found shows like Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke on G4, so I pretty much stick to those now.

Ninja warrior is so badass!!