Spike edits Hughes-GSP 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Spike edits Hughes-GSP 2
WheelchairBandit
3/13/09 12:00:51AM
I was just watching one of the "new" episodes of UFC Unleashed on Spike.They showed Hughes-GSP 2,and they edited out the second groin shot that Hughes took in the first round.They left in the first one,but they edited out the second one and spliced it together to make it seem like the second one never happened.

This just seems wrong to me-they are literaly changing how people view history.If you've never seen the fight before,you wouldn't know there was a second groin shot.Not that it's important to the fight,it's just that it was a major moment in the fight,and they edited it completley out and made it seem like it never happened.

One has to wonder if this is going to be a new trend for Spike and the UFC.Jeesh,with nifty editing they could turn Rampage vs. Jardine into the one minute KO that they were looking for to begin with.

WB.
grappler0000
3/13/09 12:38:02AM
It's not the only time...I've seen it in other matches as well. Also, the Pride fights that they showed on FSN would sometimes have several minutes edited out. I guess I've just grown accustomed to it over time. At first it bothered me, but I've gotten over it. It does make you wonder whether they are just cutting out slow parts of the match to squeeze in more action in the allotted time...or is someone trying to change the viewer's perception? I can't be for sure.
mentalcase
3/13/09 1:23:03AM
most of us guy on this site are hard core mma fans and we know every minute of every fight,

so just look at it this way, their just changing the fights so they flow smoother and are more aesthetically pleasing to the casual fan

i don't agree with it but they got to get good rating to make money so if this gets more casual fan aboard the mma ship i don't mind

i would be happy if i had spike tv, i have to watch all my stuff on internet streams
bls1919
3/14/09 8:08:13PM
Yeah they have done it before. Nottice the blurr out all of the Affliction shirts now....makes me laugh.
MMA
3/15/09 10:42:56AM
They do a lot of that stuff. In the first Huges vs. GSP fight, they had GSP tap out with like 10s left on the "clock" whereas in reality it was 1s left.
DCRage
3/15/09 12:15:35PM
A lot is also edited out of "UFC Wired" episodes that air in syndication, they just go black screen with audio still going.
Boo_Radley21
3/15/09 2:00:56PM
It might also make it so that they can fight the fight in better. A break from a groin shot takes time and they have to fit all the fights of the episode into the time slot. There's no time to waste.
CwB
3/17/09 5:11:42PM
I hated how they edited pride fights on fsn they would always switch from the fight to the fans watching and back to the fight which would be missing a minute or two... plus they would show the same hot asian girl atleast once an episode
DCRage
3/17/09 6:02:41PM
That was largely for content-violence-even though with it being on cable they can be more lenient on how much blood, violence, etc. they show.

plus they would show the same hot asian girl atleast once an episode

Never anything wrong with that.
CwB
3/17/09 6:15:14PM

Posted by DCRage

That was largely for content-violence-even though with it being on cable they can be more lenient on how much blood, violence, etc. they show.

plus they would show the same hot asian girl atleast once an episode

Never anything wrong with that.

Agreed
TsekaPrivet
4/14/09 11:12:09PM
GSP has been cheating since the beginning of his career.
breakdown5
4/14/09 11:14:30PM

Posted by TsekaPrivet

GSP has been cheating since the beginning of his career.

And you know this how?
RNC
4/14/09 11:57:45PM
I have to agree with you WB. I just saw the episode the other day and I was pretty agrivated to not see the complete fight. I'm just sitting there thinking, like, that's not exactly how it happened. This isn't how it went. Sure, it may not have affected the overall outcome, and GSP might've still won, but 2 in a row was a controversial part to the fight and it shouldve been shown. Next thing you know they'll be cutting out eye pokes, doctors examining fighters, and people getting a break when they lose a mouthpiece.