Spike TV and 345 Games announce 'Bellator: MMA Onslaught' video game

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Spike TV and 345 Games announce 'Bellator: MMA Onslaught' video game
Budgellism
3/9/12 12:57:16PM
Spike TV and Bellator Fighting Championships are entering the video-game industry.

In association with Viacom Entertainment Group's 345 Games, Spike TV and Bellator announced the pending release of "Bellator: MMA Onslaught," an arcade-style MMA title.

"It was imperative that we create a mixed martial arts game accessible to all types of players, not just the hardcore MMA fan," 345 Games exec Dan Yang stated. "Fortunately, with 'Bellator: MMA Onslaught,' the player doesn't need a doctorate in gaming or MMA to enjoy the non-stop action and excitement of the game."

The game is currently slated for a summer 2012 release through the PlayStation Network and the Xbox Live Arcade.

LINK
machodog76
3/9/12 1:21:40PM
Where do I get a doctorate in gaming or MMA, and what can I do with it?
grappler0000
3/9/12 1:35:37PM
Spike deal or not, it's way too soon for Bellator to even consider a video game. Unless they have some sort of trick up their sleeve, they will lose their ass on this. I don't know if they're rushing to put this together while Spike is still able to trick the casual fan into watching reruns on Spike, but they won't be able to trick those same people into forking money over for a game that doesn't have any familiar faces in it.
mrsmiley
3/9/12 1:53:30PM
Not sure what to really make of this yet. The one thing they're doing smart is making it a digital release as opposed to a disc game. Which means hopefully it's no more than 15 dollars. It sounds like their going after a small market which is probably a good strategy to build the brand up in terms of video games but I don't know who would buy this other than the hardcore fans.
prophecy033
3/9/12 2:33:42PM
Bellator: MMA Onslaught- "the game where you lose and still keep your belt"
gartface
3/9/12 2:40:21PM

Posted by prophecy033

Bellator: MMA Onslaught- "the game where you lose and still keep your belt"

JoeWarren33
3/9/12 5:48:37PM
Wayyyy to early for them to even be considering this.
I see this becoming a major fail!!
Enough said!!
NaturalBornKiller92
3/10/12 9:36:33PM
maybe be in a few years bellator...i would have thought they would have gone after a deal with ea sports. I would have bought a copy of an EA Bellator game just because ea knows their sports games