UFC 85 on Spike TV

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 85 on Spike TV
wolfman
3/22/08 11:40:17PM
Quoted from Rashad Evans: "Tune in June 7th for my fight in London against Chuck"Iceman"Liddell. It will be aired live on Spike tv. Stay posted."

According to him, UFC 85 will be LIVE and FREE on spike TV. maybe this is Dana white trying to match up with CBS MMA airings.

Stay tuned for further confirmation.

It should be noted that on UFC.com that this event is listed to be a PPV event.

LINK
Manak
3/22/08 11:54:45PM
would be nice if it since there r no title fights and chuck/evens as the main event, but can still be a very good card with so of the other match-ups
krthll1
3/22/08 11:59:00PM
Its actually a pretty good card to throw on for free. there is no title fight though. I'm most definitely not complaining though
Ordep
3/23/08 12:04:06AM
Hopefully they're speaking the truth when they say LIVE
jae_1833
3/23/08 1:29:55AM
WOW....this would be a cool move...on top of that they made the UFN a 3 hour affair as well!!! Nice moves from the UFC....even if it's not live just stay off your computer for an hour or two and then watch it for free...I can handle that!!!
NatedawgThaM
3/23/08 1:53:48AM
Even though I think that fight won't be near as great as everybody thinks it will be, it's still always exciting to watch MMA on free TV. The other match up's so far look pretty good. Can't wait
WhiteWidow
3/23/08 4:12:20AM
dam good news since they screwed us over on UFC 80, all overseas UFC event needs to be free they make enough money to whipe there butts with C-notes.. the higharchy that is
KingCreep
3/23/08 10:23:01AM
awesome, they should do this every 10 ufc's, for the fan of course. i think rashad will take this fight very seriously and it should be interesting to see what happens, i mean, he DID beat keith jardine on the show so who knows... i can't wait to see which chuck liddell shows up that night, cheers!
KingCreep
3/23/08 10:25:27AM
oh and i dont think dana is at all worried about the little boys gettin a cbs deal, they're still a feeder company and all their guys are all wishing they were on a ufc ppv so im sure he's happy that the ufc can just scout who they want for free!
ohiostate1016
3/23/08 10:40:36AM

Posted by KingCreep

oh and i dont think dana is at all worried about the little boys gettin a cbs deal, they're still a feeder company and all their guys are all wishing they were on a ufc ppv so im sure he's happy that the ufc can just scout who they want for free!

The best thing about the UFC still being on Spike is that Spike won't try to push around the UFC like a broadcast network would. I expect those XC shows on CBS to be very watered down, with broadcasters chosen by CBS and CBS basically in control of it. On Spike, the UFC can run it just like they would run any other PPV: with their rules on their time. And the fans will still watch. There aren't many people that don't have cable these days.
RMFG_187
3/23/08 5:26:58PM
WHEN WAS THE LAST FREE EVENT? 75. THIS IS FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess UFC 95 might be free too
bls1919
3/23/08 5:33:00PM
Any MMA coverage is good MMA coverage IMO. Get it out to the masses
prozacnation1978
3/23/08 6:44:15PM
i hope so really great main card
chuck vs rashad
vera vs werdum
leites vs marquadt
swick vs davis
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/23/08 8:44:29PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i hope so really great main card
chuck vs rashad
vera vs werdum
leites vs marquadt
swick vs davis

i hope u r right
Kracker_Jap
3/23/08 11:57:30PM
So far I don't think UFC needs to match up with Elite/CBS beacause the UFC is the original Free PPV.... The other guys need to catch up to get the love
babytater03
3/24/08 7:23:34AM
The only problem i have with this card, if it's in fact PPV, is that there is NO REASON for me to pay $50-$60 to watch a card that is without a title fight or largely determining match up for a specific weightclass. Just my opinion though.