spencer by (t)ko 22% (7)
spencer by sub 0% (0)
spencer by decision (any) 19% (6)
BlazinSaddle
2/25/08 12:35:19AM
interesting clash of styles...who wins?
hotrodttt
2/25/08 12:43:24AM
I think Marcus takes it because as we all know that Spencer can't stuff takedowns so I see Marcus taking the Unanimous Decisions
bullettdodger
2/25/08 12:50:19AM
Spencer is game, hopefully he has developed his sprawl this time... im a long time supporter of Fisher and have been disapointed with his inability to stuff a take down recently. At any rate

WAR SPENCER FISHER!
jae_1833
2/25/08 12:56:15AM
For some reason I think Marcus is going to try and bang with Spencer and get caught for it. He tried to stay standing a lot more than I thought appropriate lately and I bet in this fight it ends up being a big mistake...I'd say in the 2nd round!
hotrodttt
2/25/08 12:58:53AM

Posted by jae_1833

For some reason I think Marcus is going to try and bang with Spencer and get caught for it. He tried to stay standing a lot more than I thought appropriate lately and I bet in this fight it ends up being a big mistake...I'd say in the 2nd round!

No Marcus always tries for the takedown, he just couldn't against Clay Guida because Clay is too good of a wrestler and he recently took Luke Caudillo down and finished him there so I think he'll be fine.
bullettdodger
2/25/08 1:02:16AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by jae_1833

No Marcus always tries for the takedown, he just couldn't against Clay Guida because Clay is too good of a wrestler and he recently took Luke Caudillo down and finished him there so I think he'll be fine.

Well i hope Spencer can at least stuff the take downs for a round until Spencer can get that KO
jae_1833
2/25/08 1:06:54AM
Well he definately can not stuff the take down, I just meant that I expected more of a ground fight between Clay and Marcus than I got. I think Marcus can, and should head for the mat asap...because Spencer does have the hands to ko a mutha.
hotrodttt
2/25/08 1:07:54AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by jae_1833

Well i hope Spencer can at least stuff the take downs for a round until Spencer can get that KO

I don't think Spencer can Knockout Marcus, his chin is solid as we saw against Gomi and a game opponent in Nakao who has heavy hands
Pookie
2/25/08 1:19:04AM
Marcus...

I love spencer fisher, he gets practically even odds on fights that he has slim to no chance of winning stylistically. First Edgar now this.
Playground_Samurai
2/25/08 1:52:20AM

Posted by Pookie

Marcus...

I love spencer fisher, he gets practically even odds on fights that he has slim to no chance of winning stylistically. First Edgar now this.

Completely agree. I think Spencer always has a great chance against a striker who will stand and trade with him, but Maximus is a bad matchup stylistically for him. Marcus is far superior on the ground, and while Spencer has been known in the past to finish with with triangle choke, Marcus has never been subbed and I just don't see Spencer being the first to do so. Therefore, I see Maximus taking this to the mat and controlling the fight, maybe getting a sub, but probably just a clear decision.
BlazinSaddle
2/25/08 1:57:09AM
i think i'm gonna go against the grain and pick the "underdog" in marcus, i think he'll take it down and submit him or get a decision like edgar did to fisher but this might be spencers last chance as a top contender so who knows, anybody who outplays gomi is dangerous in my book, i'll be rooting for both guys, like them both, WAR....whoever wins
ToeZup
2/25/08 8:50:46AM
I'm taking Spencer by TKO in the 2nd.
Spencer has some of the best stand up in the LW division.
I love watching him fight, he always puts on a good show.
nickcuc547
2/25/08 3:12:43PM
i think marcus will pull off the sub late in the fight, spencer will be on his back the entire fight.
gartface
2/25/08 4:13:27PM
I think Spencer wins a UD. He has very technical striking, and I think that he's going to use that and bang out a decision. But if he doesn't have improved sprawl, he might get thrown around like with Frankie Edgar.