If you want to help speed up the release of UFC for 360 and PS3 *READ*

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » If you want to help speed up the release of UFC for 360 and PS3 *READ*
POLL: Will you be buying UFC the game, IF it comes out?
yes 95% (41)
no 5% (2)
RampageOwnedYou
1/18/08 3:31:19AM

If you are like me and want to see this game get released, rather then it happening in 09 or not at all go check link. Its a petition that will be sent to the UFC to let them know how many people want this game out.

I have looked everywhere and it seems this game may not happen. And what a shame, because this is really the only game i want to play.
How cool would it be to actually have a mmaplayground league, where we pick 1 fighter, and go against other mmaplayground members and their PICKED guy? Its an idea im throwing out there, but no point, seeing this game may never come out.
SO sign the petition.

thx http://boards.ign.com/ultimate_fighting_championship/b6521/131151430/p1
Shawn91111
1/18/08 5:56:59AM
Where did it say the game might not be coming out?
RampageOwnedYou
1/18/08 8:47:53AM
checked out sites and forums and read up on it.
EB Games had it to be out last Dec.....but got delayed with no release date.
Even go to THQ. they have had that up for 5 months now, and STILL no release date...that should explain it in itself.....
i used to manage at an EB Games, and you never see this happen. So doesnt look good....and from what i hear, Dana white isnt even paying guys to use their names...
Naturaldisaster
1/18/08 9:09:23AM
I read somewhere (Dont remember the source) that it would be comin out around october or november this year.
ufcboss
1/18/08 10:54:16AM
This game will come out, Put my balls on it.

Release dates mean squat, I should of been playing GTA IV by now, According to its orignal release date.

Its just the way with games, Delay after delay.

As much as it sucks ass, Its only for the better of the game.
mrsmiley
1/18/08 11:36:23AM

Posted by ufcboss

This game will come out, Put my balls on it.

Release dates mean squat, I should of been playing GTA IV by now, According to its orignal release date.

Its just the way with games, Delay after delay.

As much as it sucks ass, Its only for the better of the game.

True.It's not unusual to see a game get delayed multiple times.As for a quicker release date,i'm against it.I want the next UFC game to be of the best quality as possible.Most the time games suffer from terrible glitches and problems because they had a premature release date.The further back this game is set,the better (hoepfully) it will be for gamers.I'm looking for this to be the UFC game that is done right.
RampageOwnedYou
1/18/08 11:48:46AM
well thats a way to think about it, but i like to know what games your talking about that gets delayed over and over.
I have NEVER heard of a game getting delayed over more then a year.

I agree though, love to see it come out with any glitches...but we all know that will never happen.

but keep the postitive attitude, i hope you guys are right....
Trapt1nw0nder
1/18/08 12:21:24PM
Delayed?...there hasnt even been a confirmed release date....there is no way it was getting released in 07 and if it does get released i say it will be late 08 or early 09...

trust me...we'll be playing it before you know it! there is no way this game is getting cancelled.
rcg916
1/18/08 12:50:21PM
Almost every game Ive ever looked forward to has been delayed. Over and over. This doesnt surprise me. Or scare me in the least.
cowcatcher
1/18/08 1:42:42PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

well thats a way to think about it, but i like to know what games your talking about that gets delayed over and over.

I agree though, love to see it come out with any glitches...but we all know that will never happen.

have you heard of spore? its been delayed for over 2 years now, so this does happen, in fact it happens to almost every game.
Salty
1/18/08 2:12:17PM
yea, this game is coming out, after the last UFC event Joe Lauzon put a post on his website about what he did during new years weekend, and part of it was getting rendered for the game he even has a picture himself after the rendering... no color or anything but it looks cool... so its still coming out, don't worry...

and why would you want to speed up the release of it? so it can be flawed and have awful gameplay because we "rushed" them through it?

fenderacoustic
1/18/08 2:59:16PM

Duke Nukem Forever, Too Human, Mother 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Starcraft: Ghost just off the top of my head. Happens all the time. Damn it. Now I'm thinking about Too Human and I'm pissed! I've been waiting on that game seriously for like six years.
Salty
1/18/08 3:18:59PM
starcraft ghost was canceled, i remember reading about that for awhile, they are more focused on getting starcraft 2 out now...
SpiderSilva
1/18/08 5:10:54PM
the only game that I remember getting delayed for a long time was FABLE for xbox and it wasnt really that great
I hope they put some seareous time and effert into a good career mode like where you move throughout the lower level show and make your way to the UFC fighting to get a shot and then defending as the years go by and as you get older your skills deminish I guess the way Fight Night is only bette
r
also kights of the old republic was delayed awhile and that was cool
NatedawgThaM
1/18/08 6:36:30PM

Posted by rcg916

Almost every game Ive ever looked forward to has been delayed. Over and over. This doesnt surprise me. Or scare me in the least.

Exactly, half the time, when your looking forward to a game and it gets delayed. It's usually because there making sure it's flawless and half the time it's worth the wait!
Ordep
1/18/08 8:27:43PM
got my PS3 about two weeks ago and the use I've given to it is just Blu-Ray Player, FF12, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Motorstorm (just because it came with it).
I'm waiting for games!!! and I dont like 1st person shooters so no CoD for me....

Waiting List...

Soul Calibur 4 (Darth Vader is the guest character)
FF13
GTA4
UFC

I'll probably buy Folklore in the next couple of days... does anyone own it??? is it good?
RampageOwnedYou
1/19/08 2:46:07AM
i just hope the online play of it has something worth waiting for.......

look at madden, still no online leagues, and people been crying about it for years.

Even if it has nothing we can do. I suggest we come up with some league, where every member takes 1 fighter, and we have like a tourny or something similar.
NeaRMisS
1/19/08 4:05:13AM
"well thats a way to think about it, but i like to know what games your talking about that gets delayed over and over.

but keep the postitive attitude, i hope you guys are right.... "

You dont play any blizzard games then. Almost every game they make is late by over a year.

tlangley
1/20/08 3:14:42AM
calm down man...games like this will take time. and i know they're puting alot of fighters on there. no offence to Joe Lauzon, but if they're putting him on there, then that basicly tells you right there who all is gonna be on it.
mrsmiley
1/20/08 4:19:44AM

i just hope the online play of it has something worth waiting for.......

look at madden, still no online leagues, and people been crying about it for years.

Even if it has nothing we can do. I suggest we come up with some league, where every member takes 1 fighter, and we have like a tourny or something similar.

I'm really hoping for online fight camps.

Team MMAPlayground!!!!!
LexLossis
1/21/08 2:02:37PM
better be on PS2, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a PS3.
Infused
1/23/08 12:16:47AM

Posted by cowcatcher

have you heard of spore? its been delayed for over 2 years now, so this does happen, in fact it happens to almost every game.

I can't wait for Spore, looks wicked :)

As for the UFC game, take your time. I want quility stuff to play!
DJDark41
1/23/08 11:31:12AM
Well. Either you can be patient, and wait and let them make a good game, or, you can "push" them into releasing a piece of crap early, just because you want to play it. Not like they give two sh*ts what we have to say anyway.
rcg916
1/23/08 12:51:49PM

Posted by LexLossis

better be on PS2, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a PS3.

No ps2, only ps3 and 360...