A special guest @ UFN9??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » A special guest @ UFN9??
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 12:54:11PM
I was reading through Sherdog's UFN9 play-by-play to see what happened on the untelevised matches and stumbled across this intersting tid-bit...

"Round 3
Another dominating round for Carneiro. He scored an early takedown and spent the last two minutes of the fight on Clementi's back with both hooks in, looking for the rear naked choke. Clementi held him at bay with good hand control, but he was not able to reverse the position. All three judges scores the contest 30-27 for Roan Carneiro.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is sitting cage-side with Dana White."

What the...

What do ya'all make of this? Just Big Nog and Dana kickin it in LV?

Almost slipped past me but it seems pretty interesting...
madmarck
4/6/07 12:59:18PM
Maybe they were on a date
After all Dana does wear Designer shirts a lot.
And you know what they say. Anything is possible in the UFC.
I think Nog is just in it for Dana's Money, and Dana is just in it for Nog's Body.
nate22
4/6/07 1:07:52PM
I think it's inevitable, he knows he can't beat Fedor yet he is too good to remain in Pride, it will almost nullify the division when the top 2 are head and shoulders above the rest. Admittedly I would be happy to watch Nog and Fedor fight over and over again but i'm sure that views not shared by the majority.

I look forward to seeing Nog in the UFC in the nearby future, a shrewd career move in my opinion.
Rush
4/6/07 1:27:10PM
Dana probably invited him. Would you turn down an all expense paid invitation to see a UFC event?
hcazlekker
4/6/07 1:33:02PM

Posted by nate22

I think it's inevitable, he knows he can't beat Fedor yet he is too good to remain in Pride, it will almost nullify the division when the top 2 are head and shoulders above the rest. Admittedly I would be happy to watch Nog and Fedor fight over and over again but i'm sure that views not shared by the majority.

I look forward to seeing Nog in the UFC in the nearby future, a shrewd career move in my opinion.

I agree. Imo, it should have happened sooner.
madmarck
4/6/07 1:35:10PM

Posted by Rush

Dana probably invited him. Would you turn down an all expense paid invitation to see a UFC event?

I would if i had to spoon with Dana white.
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 3:57:02PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Rush

What's wrong Marck?? The Uncle Fester look doesn't do it for you?
kerazzle
4/6/07 5:01:54PM

Posted by nate22

I like Nog too much to see him fight Fedor over and over again. Hasn't the man suffered enough.
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 5:13:04PM

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by nate22

I like Nog too much to see him fight Fedor over and over again. Hasn't the man suffered enough.

I hear ya there... There's a lot of good matchups for him in the UFC too...

I would love to see him fight...

Vera
AA
BigTim
maybe even Gonzaga
and of course BigNog / CC II
madmarck
4/6/07 5:18:25PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Rush

What's wrong Marck?? The Uncle Fester look doesn't do it for you?

Exactly.

hippysmacker
4/6/07 5:52:31PM
Bog Nog / Cro-cop 2 would be great. Cro-cop was taking it to him the first time, and then got subbed as sonn as Nog got him down. They have both improved since then, would be a war IMO.