Special Announcment on TUF 6 Finale

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Special Announcment on TUF 6 Finale
babalu2720
12/8/07 12:33:09PM
12/08/2007
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Watch the Ultimate Fighter Finale on Spike TV (9pm ET/PT) for a special announcement made by UFC President, Dana White.

http://www.ufc.com/

Check it out on the front page...any ideas of what the announcment will be????
tuvok500
12/8/07 12:41:12PM
alright, couture will fight Nog ?? lol

hathcock32
12/8/07 1:26:44PM
Forrest and Rampage will be the coaches of the next one thats what the announcement will be.
Bemin
12/8/07 1:31:33PM

Yup thats what its going to be.
DangerousDjohn
12/8/07 1:41:15PM
Is this just a guess?
tberg420
12/8/07 2:02:41PM
Apparently Dana White announced it at the taping of the Video Game Awards the other night. I'm guessing that this will be the HUGE Announcement tonight.
xchickox
12/8/07 2:06:31PM
yeah it will probably be that or will it be to do with big john retiring
zephead
12/8/07 2:10:54PM
Cecil Peoples will be the new "Head Ref".
ncordless
12/8/07 2:54:52PM

Posted by zephead

Cecil Peoples will be the new "Head Ref".

NOOOOOOOOOOO
ohiostate1016
12/8/07 2:58:05PM
The most likely annoucement will be the coaches for the next season. Like others have said, these two coaches are most likely Rampage and Forrest. But there could be more to this. I think that Dana could announce that the two will fight for the belt on the finale.

Think about that. You have two of the biggest names in the MMA world, and two of the biggest draws. The ratings for that finale would be through the roof.
Khaos
12/8/07 3:28:39PM
I think it will be something along the lines of them getting a special on CBS or what ever network they were talking to.
stock
12/8/07 3:35:39PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

The most likely annoucement will be the coaches for the next season. Like others have said, these two coaches are most likely Rampage and Forrest. But there could be more to this. I think that Dana could announce that the two will fight for the belt on the finale.

Think about that. You have two of the biggest names in the MMA world, and two of the biggest draws. The ratings for that finale would be through the roof.

Does this mean that neither fighter will fight until the end of the next TUF?
I will be pissed if that is the case.
CornishMMA
12/8/07 3:47:53PM
I assumed they meant the Big John retirement but spose it could be about next season with the shakeup and coaches
nickcuc547
12/8/07 3:58:11PM

Posted by stock

Posted by ohiostate1016

i would too but isnt rampage hurt???
CornishMMA
12/8/07 4:05:33PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by stock

Posted by ohiostate1016

i would too but isnt rampage hurt???

Yes he broke his hand and was always going to be out for months, June is around the time he would next be fighting anyway so it makes sense to me, think he said he would start training early next year but would need a while to get back into the groove, June seems like a long time but Rampage cant be ready much sooner
Twenty20Dollars
12/8/07 10:08:55PM
its that sherk is stripped of the title.
Nacho
12/9/07 3:40:01AM
Just that Forrest is a coach on the next season and they are changing the format. The other coach is going to be announced at the video game awards on spike.
Boo_Radley21
12/9/07 4:25:13PM
I'm pretty sure the other coach is going to be Rampage. Dana White said the first coach is the number one contender Forrest Griffin and he will be facing the other coach at the end of the season. So my guess is Rampage.
allmotormark
12/9/07 8:41:28PM
forrest is a great fighter and i am sure he is gonna be entertaining on the show but i don't think he should be a coach...really? i don't think he has enough experience to be there...but i think he is a damn good fighter and always entertaining should make for good tv....when is the next season starting??