About those Spartans..

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » About those Spartans..
wilwith1l
8/3/07 12:04:28PM
The Spartans had sex with the young boy soldiers. This practice is still common in some armys.

"The Spartans believed that the love of an older, accomplished aristocrat for an adolescent boy was essential to his formation as a free citizen"
Spartan Pederasty on Wiki
BigEvil
8/3/07 12:37:37PM
1 word "HOT"! did you see those guys abs, who wouldnt want that...
wilwith1l
8/3/07 12:44:38PM

Posted by BigEvil

1 word "HOT"! did you see those guys abs, who wouldnt want that...

I saw a show about it. Thay like painted on alot of the abs. They have like this airbrush thing...
BigEvil
8/3/07 12:49:31PM
No man they did Cross Fit to get shredded (although your proabably right too) check it out at crossfit.com
wilwith1l
8/3/07 12:53:03PM

Posted by BigEvil

No man they did Cross Fit to get shredded (although your proabably right too) check it out at crossfit.com

Oh yea, they did do rigorous training, but they also had make up for that extra kick.
Wait, the point of this thread is they had sex w/ little boys.
wilwith1l
8/3/07 1:35:31PM
pv3Hpv3p
8/3/07 2:34:25PM
At least they left that part out of the movie... Can't say the same for "Alexander" though
FeelTheJoy
8/3/07 3:50:44PM
thanks alot. now the spartans arent as bad ass as i thought they were. you just ruined it for me. hope your happy
wilwith1l
8/3/07 4:05:12PM

Posted by FeelTheJoy

thanks alot. now the spartans arent as bad ass as i thought they were. you just ruined it for me. hope your happy

They actuallty believe that is one of the things that made them so great in battle.
The homosexuality in the unit increased cohession and bravery.
Gladiator
8/3/07 11:32:30PM

Posted by wilwith1l

Posted by FeelTheJoy

They actuallty believe that is one of the things that made them so great in battle.

wow... i think u just ruined it for me too
Mastodon2
8/4/07 8:31:52AM
Why is this such a shock to people? It's common knowledge!

And the practice isnt really common at all anymore things have moved on since the Greek / Roman philosphy, soldiers just use prostitutes now.
loller90278
8/4/07 5:53:23PM
think about it though, if we were living in those times and you think its icky, you'd be the weird one , taboos just change over time and civilizations.
wilwith1l
8/5/07 6:28:05PM

Posted by loller90278

think about it though, if we were living in those times and you think its icky, you'd be the weird one , taboos just change over time and civilizations.

Actually it is still very common in the armies of some Muslim nations.
i have personally spoken to some of the boys used in the Kurdish armies.
Mastodon2
8/6/07 10:13:51AM

Posted by wilwith1l

Well maybe they are still up to it, wouldnt put it past them like, but in Asian, African, American and European armies its gone, Im not sure about other countires, but Im sure you can still be discharged from the army for engaging in homosexual activities here in England.
pv3Hpv3p
8/6/07 11:04:47AM

Posted by wilwith1l

Posted by loller90278

I think when you used the terms boys and used it kind of casts the Kurdish armies in more of an "midevil" or oldfashioned light... Any modern army from a country that has moved it's culture past the dark ages don't "use boy's" in their ranks for anything, let only getting all nasty and gay with
Ydoc
8/7/07 4:25:13PM
Some times ignorance is bliss... keep your disturbing facts to yourself, wil.
wilwith1l
8/7/07 10:17:09PM

Posted by Ydoc

Ha ha....
Svartorm
8/7/07 11:19:14PM

Posted by wilwith1l

Posted by FeelTheJoy

Read about The Sacred Band of Thebes. It was a unit made up from 150 homosexual couples, and were supposed to be one of the most deadly units in ancient Greece, at their height fighting a Spartan force three times larger and winning. The idea behind the Sacred Band was that if you loved the man next to you, you'd fight all the harder to keep him alive, and vica versa.

As for Spartans, this was a common practice, but it was also required by law that you be married (to a woman) before you were in your 30's or you were exiled.
Svartorm
8/7/07 11:21:05PM

Posted by Ydoc

This coming from the guy with a half-naked dancing Chris Farley as his avatar.
pv3Hpv3p
8/8/07 11:25:11AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Ydoc

This coming from the guy with a half-naked dancing Chris Farley as his avatar.

Good to have you back, Svar
nWo
8/8/07 2:22:08PM
gays suck!
pv3Hpv3p
8/8/07 4:28:37PM

Posted by nWo

gays suck!

Pun intended, or no?
fedorwins1
8/8/07 4:45:26PM
Lol wtf I liked the movie 300 now when I watch it this will be in the back of my mind that these guys cuddle with each other at night? Damn, this takes some of the awesomness out of it.
jnjjacob
8/9/07 10:06:33PM
Gayness or no gayness... I still wouldn't want to fight those guys.
NatedawgThaM
8/15/07 6:51:45PM

Posted by jnjjacob

Gayness or no gayness... I still wouldn't want to fight those guys.

lol I'd kick em' in there ovaries and run...lol
iwannabesedated
9/8/07 12:31:48PM
Well i guess all i can say is those were 300 badass little boy lovers....
Naturaldisaster
9/18/07 1:23:02AM
damnit. I can never watch 300 again and not think about the things mentioned in this thread. thanks guys! lol