Sparring Videos

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Sparring Videos
Webbie
8/16/13 10:19:45PM
Do any of you guys have some sparring videos of yourself that you'd like to share with us all?

I've got some, but they're on Facebook and I'm not sure how I could go about linking you guys to the videos. Is there a way to embed here that I don't know about? I'll see if I can get direct links to the video, but obviously you'll have to be registered and signed into Facebook to see them.

(I apologize if this should be in the "General MMA Talk" forum; I wasn't sure)
Webbie
8/17/13 12:31:27AM
I just got them uploaded onto YouTube:
Webbie vs. The Butcher - Round 1
Webbie vs. The Butcher - Round 2
Webbie vs. The Butcher - Round 3

These are nothing special, but it was a whole lot of fun. This was a little over two years ago. Everything starts off kind of sloppy in the first video but as it progresses it gets better. He gets pretty rocked at the beginning of the second video. He's also 50+ pounds heavier than I am, but he has no sparring experience either.

You guys got any videos? I wanna see some of your stuff

I'll try to get some new stuff uploaded soon but I don't have a cellphone that can record decent videos anymore.
sbulldavid
8/17/13 7:04:44AM
cool video
JoeWarren33
8/17/13 10:59:27AM
Cool vids though, I'd prefer to see smaller gloves. Aside from that nice kicks, and blocking.
You like the superman punch I noticed. Someone's been watching too much GSP ;-)
Webbie
8/17/13 2:41:54PM
LOL it's funny you should mention that...

Back at that time I was a huge GSP fan, so when you watch the videos you'll see a whole lot of jabbing, leg kicks, and the superman punch + leg kick combo, lmao. Very predictable stuff. As for the gloves, they're only 12 ounces, and we don't have headgear or mouthpieces or anything so I don't think smaller gloves would be a good idea, lol.

Not sure if you can tell but the guy in the red is getting pretty angry and throwing his punches about as hard as he can. I wouldn't wanna take a punch like that with 4-5 ounce gloves on unless I was getting paid for it

Like I said, nothing special, just for fun. I'm surprised no one else has posted any videos yet. I figured a place like this would have a lot of people with sparring videos of their own. Anybody?
george112
8/17/13 2:55:29PM
Very nice.

I can tell you would have the advantage over most average people.

Your form is pretty good and you dont just swing wild like most people.

I really liked the first jab you threw with your right.

The guy walked into a couple of big right hands.

Webbie
8/17/13 3:02:33PM
Thanks, mang I'll have to try and get some newer stuff uploaded.
sparky
12/28/13 12:20:57AM
My boy Webb is a beast

You throw the counter left hook over the opponents right hand perfectly so many times. Reminded me of GSP landing that counter left hook on Hendricks all fight long. Leg kicks galore I would of liked to see some body kicks in the mix as well but it was clear you were just toying with the butcher
Webbie
12/28/13 12:29:13AM

Posted by sparky

My boy Webb is a beast

You throw the counter left hook over the opponents right hand perfectly so many times. Reminded me of GSP landing that counter left hook on Hendricks all fight long. Leg kicks galore I would of liked to see some body kicks in the mix as well but it was clear you were just toying with the butcher

I've improved a lot since those videos. I need to get some more uploaded.