anyone on here spar ? mma, boxing, muay thai whatever ?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » anyone on here spar ? mma, boxing, muay thai whatever ?
aussiemma
9/19/12 9:39:25AM
i just started muay thai again about 3 weeks ago and had my first sparring session in about 3 years. Man ! i completely forgot what it felt like...went 3 rounds with a dude who has had 4 mma fights and trains with perosh and sinosic

dunno why im posting this guess i just feel like a mad cunt !! (i'm awesome)

any other guys train ?
ghandikush
9/19/12 9:56:45AM
I trained for a few months in striking and never really developed anything more than good fundamentals. Got my ass kicked by a career Thai fighter in sparring.

Wrstled in highschool though and always loved to wrestle and freestyle grapple though, love the guard.
airkerma
9/19/12 10:26:12AM
jitsu. my nose cant handle getting hit much. i have the nose equivalent of jason macdonald's chin.
kopower
9/19/12 10:32:48AM
Took 1 muay Thai kickboxing class at MN martial arts academy and destroyed the 13 year old kid I was paired with. It was a great workout, and if it wasn't so expensive, I would have loved to join. I'm pretty good at boxing the clown if ya know what I mean
Bubbles
9/19/12 10:35:15AM

Posted by airkerma

jitsu. my nose cant handle getting hit much. i have the nose equivalent of Jonathan Goulet's chin.

fixed...you had the wrong Canadian
postman
9/19/12 10:42:49AM
I traind for 6 years but have not been in the gym for a year. I had a few amature kickboxing matches and a bunch of no gi tournys. Then I started coaching more Traind a Pro fighter for a time. But Personal life took over and had to stop going. But I have been itchy to get back of late
Poor_Franklin
9/19/12 1:44:59PM
ghandikush
9/19/12 2:17:38PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Don't Let This Happen!

Wow idiots, identify concussions? Seriously....
Chael_Sonnen
9/19/12 3:25:35PM

Posted by ghandikush

I trained for a few months in striking and never really developed anything more than good fundamentals. Got my ass kicked by a career Thai fighter in sparring.

Wrstled in highschool though and always loved to wrestle and freestyle grapple though, love the guard.

You wrestle?

Wrestle what, a dime bag from your dealer

Milk Money from your grandma
ghandikush
9/19/12 4:44:54PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

You wrestle?

Wrestle what, a dime bag from your dealer

Milk Money from your grandma

haha a 12 year old nun in training could submit you as evidenced by your record champ

Fail Sonnen fails again against Babalu full fight

Talking smack about Brazilian dirtfarmers or screaming WAAAAH WAAAHHH!!!!

You decide

Theoutlaw08
9/19/12 5:55:40PM
I occasionally do when I have free time. A friend of mine trains at a local gym, I go with him and mix it up. I like it a lot. Its mainly a kickboxing gym, but they pretty much do everything there. I'm not as good at kickboxing as I am with jujitsu, so I try to take advantage of that when we grapple. I don't normally do kickboxing with them because I don't want them to mess up my face. If work wasn't so busy, I would try and become a member there, so I go about 2 times a month.
ChrisSabal
9/19/12 8:07:37PM
I wrestled in high school and obviously I like MMA so I figured I would try it out after my junior year wrestling season. I got a skin disease pretty fast. Never went back. I liked it and I give major props to those who succeed. Have to be able to think incredibly fast. I was the only wrestler there so I took advantage of that. Laid and prayed like I was any other wrestler. Felt good.
Chael_Sonnen
9/19/12 9:11:17PM
Wrestling is the oldest / hardest / BEST / sport ever created.

Thanks biblical guys for wrestling with angels - - - way to pave the way for STUDS like myself, Hendo, Lindland & Randy

......and then the crazy Greeks took it one step further
infestructure
9/19/12 11:52:21PM
I boxed in high school, and have been hitting the bag my whole life. I haven't hit anyone for a while, probably because of the confidence this has given me.
Would LOVE to do jits/wrestling but my flexibility is stuffed due to arthritis.
Aether
9/20/12 12:00:45AM
I used to train a little bit, not very seriously, but I moved about a year and a half ago and I couldn't get to my gym in a reasonable time frame any more. I'm trying to get set up in a new gym at the moment.

I'm one of those weird people who gets a strange kind of enjoyment out of pain, so when I get hit I usually get more energized than hurt. Up to a point, obviously.
tcunningham
9/20/12 12:12:14AM
i fight as well as spar daily. i was injured for a while and came back after a few months without sparing. the knowledge doesn't go anywhere but the speed and cardio does, and that can fuckin suck. hang in there, you'll fall in love with getting punched in the head again soon enough.
ghandikush
9/20/12 4:41:59PM

Posted by Aether

I used to train a little bit, not very seriously, but I moved about a year and a half ago and I couldn't get to my gym in a reasonable time frame any more. I'm trying to get set up in a new gym at the moment.

I'm one of those weird people who gets a strange kind of enjoyment out of pain, so when I get hit I usually get more energized than hurt. Up to a point, obviously.

lol I feel you, those sparring wars make you feel like a real man win or lose.
infestructure
9/21/12 1:58:07AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Aether

lol I feel you, those sparring wars make you feel like a real man win or lose.

sometimes afterwards cooling down by having a naked sauna/spa/swim with your fellow workout buddies can make you feel so masculine
Adrenaline
9/21/12 3:34:26AM

Posted by infestructure

sometimes afterwards cooling down by having a naked sauna/spa/swim with your fellow workout buddies can make you feel so masculine

PM me the sign up sheet for this.
aussiemma
9/21/12 4:15:56AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by infestructure

PM me the sign up sheet for this.

hahahaha