Soundgarden Reunion Confirmed

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Soundgarden Reunion Confirmed
The_Metal_Maniac
1/4/10 3:03:55PM
Nearly immediately after the end of the decade was marked by the ball drop in New York, Chris Cornell gave an unmistakable confirmation pointing towards the imminent Soundgarden reunion though several online outlets.

A post to both his Facebook page and his Twitter feed, read as follows:

"The 12 year break is over and school is back in session. To learn more, sign up now. Knights of the soundtable ride again!" There was also a link to the apparently new www.soundgardenworld.com, with the same message, and a place to enter your name, email, and optional mobile number, for more information.

Article
Bowen50
1/4/10 5:32:22PM
i cannot wait for this
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/4/10 5:54:41PM
good! I'm just waiting for the rest of the audioslave band to announce the same with RATM
warglory
1/4/10 7:06:30PM
Chris seems like he is trying to recover from the fallout from his collaboration with Timbaland.
jae_1833
1/4/10 8:07:22PM
Thank god because Audioslave was horrible!!! RATM and Soundgarden are at least decent IMO.
scoozna
1/4/10 10:27:07PM

Posted by jae_1833

Thank god because Audioslave was horrible!!! RATM and Soundgarden are at least decent IMO.

Blasphemy!
jae_1833
1/5/10 1:49:44AM
Radio garbage to me, oh well, it's just an opinion and they are like A-Holes, we all have them and they all stink.
The_Metal_Maniac
1/5/10 11:37:53AM

Posted by jae_1833

Radio garbage to me, oh well, it's just an opinion and they are like A-Holes, we all have them and they all stink.

I give you anti-props lol.
emfleek
1/5/10 2:40:36PM
I always liked Soundgarden but I doubt I would pay today's ticket prices to see them live.

Badmotorfinger was a badass album.

But, seriously. A grunge band announcing a reunion via Twitter and Facebook? If I had to rate that between 1-10 on the Lameness Scale, I'd give it a 20.
The_Metal_Maniac
1/5/10 6:17:16PM
What's the number one way to reach out to people nowadays? That would be called smart marketing. Down on the Upside was there evolution past grunge. Definitely the music news of the year lol!! The year which has been five days lol.
emfleek
1/5/10 6:29:19PM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

What's the number one way to reach out to people nowadays? That would be called smart marketing.

Still lame.
AchillesHeel
1/5/10 7:35:51PM
I certainly had a grunge phase back in the day that still lingers in my iPod. If I were to make a play-list to represent the era to a friend who knew nothing of it, I would definitely include "Jesus Christ Pose".
warglory
1/7/10 7:10:21PM
Soundgarden were never "grunge" to begin with until Superunknown. They were originally a metal band for metalheads. I won't say they sold out because "Blackhole Sun" and "Fell on Black Days" are pretty good songs, but they clearly went into mainstream Nirvana mode.
Gogoplatapus
1/7/10 8:22:07PM
Cornell soured me with the Timbo ****. I highly doubt this will yield anything worth while. A tour with no new material would be okay, i might check that.
BustedKnuckle
1/10/10 10:10:01AM
Cris is one of my favorite artists. Weather it was Soundgarden, Audioslave or his solo work I like it all. Euphoria Morning is a great album IMO. Also realy like the first Audioslave album. Drawing flies is one of my favorite songs of all time. Pumped about the reunion, hoofully they come close to home so I get to a concert
CanadianCripplr
1/16/10 11:05:50PM
I like the old SG quite a bit, even some of CCs early solo stuff I liked, but when I heard him singing his newest on one of the late nite shows I figured out why I hadnt heard his new stuff on the station I listen to... Its shittiness would incite a riot....