might sound kind of weird...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » might sound kind of weird...
fedorwins1
9/3/08 3:54:46PM
Do any of you guys get ingrown hairs on your knees from grappling? Usually it's just like a little pimple or something that isn't that bad, but today I woke up with a sick ingrown hair and it hurts to even walk haha. It's like a second kneecap and now I have to take time out of training to go the doctors and all of that other crap

Am I the only weird one who gets messed up stuff? I seem to always be getting something weird from training. I'm just hoping it isn't MRSA or some crazy staph stuff.

Random topic, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
Bowen50
9/3/08 5:29:54PM
i've never gotten that before. i've gotten mat burn on the tops of my toes enough times for them to be calloused now. the weirdest thing that happened to me was when i got a mat burn on my leg and i singed off a strip of hair that was about 7 inches long and 4 inches wide hahaha. ingown hairs on your knees though thats pretty weird haha
jiujitsufreak74
9/3/08 5:51:36PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Do any of you guys get ingrown hairs on your knees from grappling? Usually it's just like a little pimple or something that isn't that bad, but today I woke up with a sick ingrown hair and it hurts to even walk haha. It's like a second kneecap and now I have to take time out of training to go the doctors and all of that other crap

Am I the only weird one who gets messed up stuff? I seem to always be getting something weird from training. I'm just hoping it isn't MRSA or some crazy staph stuff.

Random topic, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

all the time. you have to poke it with a needle and let it escape. i feel your pain, because like i said i get them a lot. it also could be a sist, but if it hurts to work i would bet it's an ingrown hair.
Jackelope
9/3/08 6:40:15PM
I usually get them behind my knees right in the bend. They hurt like hell for being little panzy ingrown hairs
The-Don
9/3/08 8:50:58PM
yea man its normal I have gotten them too... warm moist heat can help them Becarful though its not a pnoidal (sp?) cyst basicly its like an ingrown hair but infected... I had one on my tailbone once.. man that was painful...
fedorwins1
9/3/08 9:02:43PM
It's big time infected, I have to go to the docs tom. and I guess they're gonna cut it open.....kinda gross.
The_Ho_Bag
9/3/08 10:24:06PM
i get them alot now too and my knees re nast pink and stuff from shooting aha =p

i pop em even though it hurts, i wear my mouth guard and bite down while i pop them
Svartorm
9/3/08 11:29:43PM
Do you wear knee pads? I get them when wearing knee pads that I forgot to wash, but not usually otherwise.
fedorwins1
9/4/08 9:32:41AM

Posted by Svartorm

Do you wear knee pads? I get them when wearing knee pads that I forgot to wash, but not usually otherwise.

I used to, but now I don't, and I still get them. I just got back from the doctors and it's not an ingrown hair, so it's probably MRSA which sucks. MRSA can be fatal if you develop pnuemonia. Hopefully it's not though and it's just some other thing that's not so serious.

I felt like such a pansy at the doctors though, when he brought out the scapel I was getting really nervous and once he started cutting it open I almost passed out. I leaned back on the wall and my head started pulsating and my arms went numb then I started to black out and sweat really bad. That was really weird, it's never happened to me before.
Mitchell740
9/4/08 7:33:07PM

Posted by Svartorm

Usually happens to me too, looks kind of like a pimple/wart. I get them more often when I have knee pads. I wouldn't be too concerned about theh ealth side of it, because I've been getting them for years and nothings happened.

I don't know what they are, but I usually go with the idea that if the little things on my kness are the worst pain I have then I'm not training hard enough.
fedorwins1
9/14/08 12:40:51AM
Well it turned out to be MRSA haha, I feel fine now, but it's weird to think that I could have developed flesh eating bacteria or even died.
The_Ho_Bag
9/14/08 12:51:51AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Well it turned out to be MRSA haha, I feel fine now, but it's weird to think that I could have developed flesh eating bacteria or even died.

thats sucks, my dad got that from Rolling with this kid, so in terms means i got it but idk if i do