Sonnen says he wanted Rampage at UFC 130!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sonnen says he wanted Rampage at UFC 130!!!!
hashyandy4
4/14/11 8:47:04PM
Just got done reading this on sherdog. Besides the fact that this fight would make no sense, i just wouldnt want to see it. I think if they fought now, i would take sonnen but if chael had to face the Pride Rampage, Page all day.

Why would Sonnen want this fight and second who would win?
Budgellism
4/14/11 8:49:26PM
Sonnen says a lot of things and Rampage would win.
TeamDEY
4/14/11 9:29:20PM
Sonnen probably thinks he could beat Rampage... funny
Chael_Sonnen
4/15/11 12:20:08AM
See Rashad vs Rampage....only much worse against Chael for Mr. Rampage
hashyandy4
4/15/11 12:39:05AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Sounds like a sonnen nuthugger
How did that andy silva thing workout
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
TS92turbo
4/15/11 2:16:31AM

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Figured Id call you out on this one. Anderson will most likely beat Okami at Rio. If he fought the same Sonnen at 117, he would lose. I dont see that triangle happening anytime soon again.

Its tough defending 2 fighters at once.
tcunningham
4/15/11 2:19:08AM
thats the power of jujitsu man, anytime there could be a submission. on the flip side, silva got dominated every round of that fight. it really showed a weakness in silva i hope sonnen one day gets a chance to exploit again, but i'll take anybody beating silva.
hashyandy4
4/15/11 2:53:19AM

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Figured Id call you out on this one. Anderson will most likely beat Okami at Rio. If he fought the same Sonnen at 117, he would lose. I dont see that triangle happening anytime soon again.

WOW!!!! Maybe i would agree with u if he fought the silva from UFC 117, you know the one with multiple broken ribs that sonnen still found a way to lose, and wasnt chael juicin 4 that fight? I HOPE Andy and Chael do it again, i got Anderson By 2nd round RNC.
Pookie
4/15/11 3:53:51AM
Sonnen wouldnt score the takedown.
kingsmasher
4/15/11 10:08:58AM
Sonnen all day over Rampage...Rampage is a second tier fighter plain and simple who has not evolved...He lost that fight against Machida...Barely beat Jardine until the last 20 seconds I had Jardine...Rampage can't wreslte and hes an idiot for training at the Wolflair with Bisping..I would like to see Bader and Rampage...

If Hamill decides to wrestle he will beat Rampage...
jjeans
4/15/11 11:04:53AM
Woahhh a lot of people are making pretty bold claims, lets not forget Rampage's made a career out of the "sprawl and brawl style" from his original wrestling background. Admittedly Rashad out wrestled him, but he had a lot of ring rust and he started to get his game back late in the 3rd round, I believe in another 3 round fight Rashad would take it, but in 5 it would be rampage's by KO (these are just my opinions i know)

Posted by kingsmasher

Sonnen all day over Rampage...Rampage is a second tier fighter plain and simple who has not evolved...He lost that fight against Machida...Barely beat Jardine until the last 20 seconds I had Jardine...Rampage can't wreslte and hes an idiot for training at the Wolflair with Bisping..I would like to see Bader and Rampage...

Sonnen will have 2 things Rashad didn't: Rashad's speed and Rashads weight difference. We know Rashad is a small LHW, but Sonnen will be even smaller than that!
Baring in mind the only people who have genuinely beaten Rampage up are Brazillian.

Hamill is stylistically Rampage's ideal opponent, a wrestler who has confidence in his stand up. If rampage hurts him, he'll shoot for a takedown, stuff it and finish it.
Machida i scored the fight 29-28 Rampage and yes i agree Rampage almost lost the KJ fight. However Sonnen, I know would have better wrestling but not enough power or speed to follow up with them.

My thoughts are
Rampage to Beat Hamill KO/TKO
Rampage would beat Sonnen Decision
kingsmasher
4/15/11 11:34:28AM

Posted by jjeans

Woahhh a lot of people are making pretty bold claims, lets not forget Rampage's made a career out of the "sprawl and brawl style" from his original wrestling background. Admittedly Rashad out wrestled him, but he had a lot of ring rust and he started to get his game back late in the 3rd round, I believe in another 3 round fight Rashad would take it, but in 5 it would be rampage's by KO (these are just my opinions i know)

Posted by kingsmasher

Sonnen will have 2 things Rashad didn't: Rashad's speed and Rashads weight difference. We know Rashad is a small LHW, but Sonnen will be even smaller than that!
Baring in mind the only people who have genuinely beaten Rampage up are Brazillian.

Hamill is stylistically Rampage's ideal opponent, a wrestler who has confidence in his stand up. If rampage hurts him, he'll shoot for a takedown, stuff it and finish it.
Machida i scored the fight 29-28 Rampage and yes i agree Rampage almost lost the KJ fight. However Sonnen, I know would have better wrestling but not enough power or speed to follow up with them.

My thoughts are
Rampage to Beat Hamill KO/TKO
Rampage would beat Sonnen Decision

I disagree...First I am not a believer in so called ring rust one...Thats an excuse these guys go through a camp...Its not like they take off a cast and have a fight...

Also about Rashad hes a smart guy he knew he had the fight so in the third he chose to try and stand up...If it were 5 rounds Rampage would of gassed in the 4th...Rashad also did the same with Silva in the third...IN a five round fight he would wrestle until he felt he had three rounds and then he might be stupid and stand...but I seriously doubt that at that time with Greg Jackson in his corner and coming off the loss to Machida...

Rampage made a career out of sprawl and brawl against guys who sucked at takedowns and couldnt wreslte..MMA fighters have become more well rounded and with a healthy infusion of wrestlers has left Rampage behind...and please dont say Dan Henderson...He really isnt that good at wrestling if you look whats happened to him on teh ground...He mighta been considered good 20 years ago..but now I would say average at best...
Pookie
4/16/11 4:42:15PM

Posted by kingsmasher

You speak as though you're opinion is the only right opinion. Rampage is one of the best LHW's of all time, plain and simple. I thought he beat Machida by the 10-9 system in place, and that in the Jardine fight if you gave any round but round 2 to Jardine than you shouldn't be a judge. Rampage has made his career stuffing wrestlers. I disagree with you on all accounts.

You have to mix up your takedowns with strikes, and Hammill has shown that he feels comfortable on the feet. Only deciding to wrestle is often a recipe for disaster as it gives away your timing.

First I am not a believer in so called ring rust

Also about Rashad hes a smart guy he knew he had the fight so in the third he chose to try and stand up...If it were 5 rounds Rampage would of gassed in the 4th...Rashad also did the same with Silva in the third...IN a five round fight he would wrestle until he felt he had three rounds and then he might be stupid and stand...but I seriously doubt that at that time with Greg Jackson in his corner and coming off the loss to Machida...

Do you realize how hypocritical you sound? You make excuses for the fighters you favor and yet you say that ring rust is an excuse. All the while, never realizing that you're doing exactly what you discredited in others.

Rashad shot in for a takedown and got caught by a punch he didn't see coming. Rashad does that when he gets tired, which by history you can see happens right around the third round, right when Thiago and Rampage caught him. It doesn't have to do with Rashad having a moment of stupidity, it has to do with his skillset as a fighter.

Rampage made a career out of sprawl and brawl against guys who sucked at takedowns and couldnt wreslte..MMA fighters have become more well rounded and with a healthy infusion of wrestlers has left Rampage behind...and please dont say Dan Henderson...He really isnt that good at wrestling if you look whats happened to him on teh ground...He mighta been considered good 20 years ago..but now I would say average at best...

Kevin Randleman, Dan Henderson, Matt Lindland, & Ricardo Arona can't wrestle? really? Really? I call bullshit. You can't be that dumb.
How does more-well-rounded equate to better wrestling? Are you saying that Randleman couldn't wrestle because he wasn't well rounded? That doesn't even make sense. You must be saying that wrestlers hadnt entered the sport yet. Which does make sense as a statement, it's just completely untrue.
Also Dan Henderson has always had some of the best takedowns in the sport, it's his takedown defense that has holes in it.
jjeans
4/16/11 5:03:05PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

You speak as though you're opinion is the only right opinion. Rampage is one of the best LHW's of all time, plain and simple. I thought he beat Machida by the 10-9 system in place, and that in the Jardine fight if you gave any round but round 2 to Jardine than you shouldn't be a judge. Rampage has made his career stuffing wrestlers. I disagree with you on all accounts.

You have to mix up your takedowns with strikes, and Hammill has shown that he feels comfortable on the feet. Only deciding to wrestle is often a recipe for disaster as it gives away your timing.

First I am not a believer in so called ring rust

Do you realize how hypocritical you sound? You make excuses for the fighters you favor and yet you say that ring rust is an excuse. All the while, never realizing that you're doing exactly what you discredited in others.

Rashad shot in for a takedown and got caught by a punch he didn't see coming. Rashad does that when he gets tired, which by history you can see happens right around the third round, right when Thiago and Rampage caught him. It doesn't have to do with Rashad having a moment of stupidity, it has to do with his skillset as a fighter.

Kevin Randleman, Dan Henderson, Matt Lindland, & Ricardo Arona can't wrestle? really? Really? I call bullshit. You can't be that dumb.
How does more-well-rounded equate to better wrestling? Are you saying that Randleman couldn't wrestle because he wasn't well rounded? That doesn't even make sense. You must be saying that wrestlers hadnt entered the sport yet. Which does make sense as a statement, it's just completely untrue.
Also Dan Henderson has always had some of the best takedowns in the sport, it's his takedown defense that has holes in it.

Thanks Pookie, "Dan Henderson...He really isnt that good at wrestling" Oh yeah I forgot Olympic Medalist Wrestlers aren't any good