Sonnen hints loser-leaves-town offer off table, but promises to push for Silva rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sonnen hints loser-leaves-town offer off table, but promises to push for Silva rematch
FastKnockout
10/18/11 6:25:11PM
Chael Sonnen made a limited-time offer to Anderson Silva. The loser-leaves-town fight he presented the middleweight champ is apparently off the table.

"That offer was good when I made it, but it's like any offer: They've got to expire," Sonnen said today during an appearance on "The Jim Rome Show."

But as with many proclamations given by Sonnen, it's a good bet that just the opposite is true, or the entire offer was never true.

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
10/18/11 6:44:44PM
Actually, it was 'The Chael Sonnen Show' and Jim Rome was the guest.
DeadHead988
10/18/11 7:00:29PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

WIN!
BeeR
10/18/11 8:01:18PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

hahaha.
prophecy033
10/18/11 8:44:00PM
Is say the whole offer was never true. He said it after his win lime he meant it but I knew he was full of shit. If the offer was really on the table and he lost to Anderson for the second time, do you really think he would have left the UFC? Hell f'ing NO.
BeeR
10/18/11 8:55:33PM
of course it wasnt ,anybody who takes what he says seriously, or for anything more then popularity and hype, is F'd in the head more then THEY think HE is.
Chael_Sonnen
10/18/11 9:07:08PM

Posted by BeeR

of course it wasnt ,anybody who takes what he says seriously, or for anything more then popularity and hype, is F'd in the head more then THEY think HE is.

I guess A LOT of people (haters) are F'd in the head then.
BeeR
10/18/11 9:08:27PM
no doubt.
FastKnockout
10/18/11 9:12:25PM

Posted by BeeR

That's what made it so interesting, though. No one knew IF he was serious. Now that everyone knows it was just Sonnen being Sonnen, they just brush it off.
BeeR
10/18/11 9:19:22PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BeeR

That's what made it so interesting, though. No one knew IF he was serious. Now that everyone knows it was just Sonnen being Sonnen, they just brush it off.

haha, yeah, I dont think Dana would allow it anyways. Thats getting too close to hell in a cell and TLC matches lol.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/19/11 1:40:22AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Yes, Sonnen said the same thing on his Twitter last evening.

sonnench chael sonnen I'll be welcoming @jimrome to the Chael Sonnen show tomorrow at 11am. 22 hours ago

airkerma
10/19/11 7:50:28AM
Is he still talking? I think an episode of jersey shore has less dbagism per minute than when this guy opens his trap
Bubbles
10/19/11 10:14:21AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

yeah Rome sucks. Chael should take over after he retires
jay98107
10/19/11 12:03:16PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

yeah Rome sucks. Chael should take over after he retires

Yes let's somehow find an even worse personality than Jim Rome to put on the air.
bjj1605
10/19/11 10:41:11PM
At some point it doesn't matter whether he's serious or not. He's saying these things and he's presenting them as if he's serious.

It has the exact same effect.
Cadillac
11/29/11 11:59:45PM
Not suprised.