Sonnen vs. Gouveia at UFC 102

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sonnen vs. Gouveia at UFC 102
babytater03
4/9/09 8:42:56PM
click

As the summer time cards for the UFC fill up fast, a middleweight bout has been added to UFC 102 tentatively scheduled for August 29 as American Top Team fighter, Wilson Gouveia, will face former WEC middleweight contender, Chael Sonnen.

The bout was confirmed by sources close to the fight to MMAWeekly.com on Thursday.
prozacnation1978
4/9/09 9:04:20PM
great fight probably will be on main card but i think gouveia will knock him out
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/9/09 9:09:07PM
gouveia will outstrike sonnen . sonnen will go for the take down . gouveia will get an armbar off his back round 1 .
sparky
4/9/09 9:17:53PM
I personally see Wilson winning this fight!!
nickcuc547
4/9/09 9:42:53PM
sonnen ground and pounds him for a ud, wilson is slick but chael has handled better grapplers.
gnl68
4/9/09 9:47:02PM
Interesting fight! Styles make fights. In my mind Gouveia's got the world to loose.And Sonnen might,just might be the better ground practioner.On the feet and gnp go to Gouveia. Both have some cardio issues recently.Could be a really good fight.Sonen is slick on the ground,i'm just not sure if he'll withstand Gouveia's gnp.That's if the fight's not settled on the feet.American Top vs Team Quest is awesome!
Twenty20Dollars
4/9/09 11:33:52PM
Dear Mr. Gouviea,

At UFC 102 would you please knock out or submit Chael Sonnen.

Please and Thank You.
haggiswashere
4/10/09 1:22:26AM
They sure hate Chael Sonnen
Pookie
4/10/09 2:02:46AM
As long as gouveia doesnt come in like he did against Jensen he should be able to secure an arm and pull of the victory.

Aaronno9
4/10/09 7:20:01AM
I got Wilson all day in this fight. Sonnen seems to have good reach so mabeys he could try staying on the outside and picking Wilson apart, but he'll probably end up getting knocked out.
higdon10
4/10/09 4:53:50PM
I think that Sonnen is going to take Gouveia down and pound him to a UD victory.
WheelchairBandit
4/10/09 6:22:47PM
Wilson by submission in the 2nd round,either an armbar or a triangle.Sonnen is a solid fighter and a good guy,but his sub defense has always been very poor.

WB.
Red-Dragon
4/10/09 6:23:13PM

Posted by gnl68

Interesting fight! Styles make fights. In my mind Gouveia's got the world to loose.And Sonnen might,just might be the better ground practioner.On the feet and gnp go to Gouveia. Both have some cardio issues recently.Could be a really good fight.Sonen is slick on the ground,i'm just not sure if he'll withstand Gouveia's gnp.That's if the fight's not settled on the feet.American Top vs Team Quest is awesome!

?? I would say that gnp goes to Sonnen but the ground skills go to Wilson.
XblacksheepX
4/10/09 8:41:56PM
that`s the end for sonnen in the ufc. good job, joe silva!
Pookie
4/10/09 10:22:57PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I got Wilson all day in this fight. Sonnen seems to have good reach so mabeys he could try staying on the outside and picking Wilson apart, but he'll probably end up getting knocked out.

Wilson has a 76" reach
Wolfenstein
4/10/09 10:56:32PM
I'll probably go with Wilson. He's a much better striker, and has the BJJ to put away a submission succeptable Sonnen. That said, Gouveia runs on a limited gas tank, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sonnen could press him against the fence and stay tight on the ground enroute to a decision.
bls1919
4/11/09 12:38:05AM
I have to agree with the masses here. Gouveia via TKO, prolly in the 1st. Sonnen's wrestling isnt good enough to get Gouveia down , and wont want to get that close.