Songs that are perfect fit for a scene in a movie

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Songs that are perfect fit for a scene in a movie
Boo_Radley21
3/2/09 10:59:51PM
I gotta go with Stuck In The Middle With You in Reservoir Dogs while the guy is dancing around torturing the cop.

Gotta be one of the best movie scenes I have ever seen, and definitely one of the main reasons I like that song so much.
Khaos
3/2/09 11:19:48PM
I'm saying in The Crow when T-Bird and his gang blow up the building and they're listening to "Big Empty" by Stone Temple Pilots while driving away, I think it really fits the scene and the movie.

Pookie
3/2/09 11:24:53PM
The song playing during the final fight scene in Hotrod. Its just so epic, it makes the scene that much better.
Boo_Radley21
3/2/09 11:31:03PM
Another good one is Name of the Game by Crystal Method in Blade II when Wesley Snipes is fighting all the vampires.
Khaos
3/2/09 11:35:12PM
Oh and The Stroke(by Billy Squier) being played during Will ferrell's first performance in Blades of Glory, that was hilarious.
kopower
3/2/09 11:35:13PM
In Training Day when Still DRE comes on when Denzel and Ethan Hawke get into the car and Denzel hits the hydraulics in his Monte Carlo.
"Where's the office?" You're in the office baby" Sick

Training Day
Jackelope
3/2/09 11:43:02PM

Posted by Khaos

I'm saying in The Crow when T-Bird and his gang blow up the building and they're listening to "Big Empty" by Stone Temple Pilots while driving away, I think it really fits the scene and the movie.

Wow, props. I remember being struck by that even as a kid watching the movie. Something fit so perfectly. Big time props!
Wolfenstein
3/2/09 11:48:20PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Khaos

Wow, props. I remember being struck by that even as a kid watching the movie. Something fit so perfectly. Big time props!

Bowen50
3/3/09 12:00:20AM

Posted by Pookie

The song playing during the final fight scene in Hotrod. Its just so epic, it makes the scene that much better.

i am watching that movie right now. so great
Pookie
3/3/09 12:47:49AM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Pookie

TOTEM SPIRIT FOX!
Playground_Samurai
3/3/09 12:49:54AM
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/3/09 1:10:40AM
In jackie brown when chris tucker is riding in the trunk of samuel 's car thinking hes about to help kill a dude for samuel , they cut to the song strawberry letter 23 , switches to a far away shot , samuel drives into a big empty lot , gets out the car, turns the music off blasts tucker with a shotgun . drives off with it back on, epic scene!

video clip
Bowen50
3/3/09 1:11:50AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Pookie

TOTEM SPIRIT FOX!

I'M PUMPED! I'VE BEEN DRINKING GREEN TEA ALL GOD DAMN DAY!
Boo_Radley21
3/3/09 7:57:12AM
In Fight Club at the end when all the buildings are blowing up and Where is My Mind plays by Black Francis is another one of my favourites.
emfleek
3/3/09 9:13:03AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I gotta go with Stuck In The Middle With You in Reservoir Dogs while the guy is dancing around torturing the cop.

Gotta be one of the best movie scenes I have ever seen, and definitely one of the main reasons I like that song so much.

This exact scene popped in to my head after reading the thread title before I even opened it. Props! Best. Scene. Ever.
tdietel01
3/3/09 10:25:29AM
I think the movie i am thinking is called the one with jet li, he starts beating everyones as and let the bodies hit the floor is on. that is one of the good ones.

also going back to my childhood........ in the mighty ducks 2 after the second period the ducks come out in new jerseys and we will rock you comes on
emfleek
3/3/09 10:29:16AM
'Green Onions' in The Sandlot fit perfectly, too.
Boo_Radley21
3/3/09 11:04:42AM
Haha I got one more. In Corky Ramano when Chris Katan gets captured by the skinheads and his brothers are fighting them and We`re Not Gonna Take It was playing.
dannyfrank
3/3/09 3:07:39PM
honestly, one of my favorites was "dont panic" by coldplay in the opening scene of garden state

leave me alone. its a good movie
dannyfrank
3/3/09 3:09:24PM
oh yeah, also the closing scene for full metal jacket when the city is burning down and everyone is singing the mickey mouse song

ncordless
3/4/09 5:39:24PM
Kind of a creepy one, but Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" as Renton O.D.s on heroin and sinks into the rug in Trainspotting is a classic music scene.
MFOTHER
3/5/09 12:09:08PM
ANY song in a wes anderson movie. end of thread.
Boo_Radley21
3/5/09 12:24:47PM
The creepiest song I've ever heard matched up with a movie is Mr Sandman at the end of Rob Zombies Halloween remake right after michael myers gets killed.
mentalcase
3/5/09 4:27:44PM
when this song is played on full metal jacket surfin bird

stuck in my head for a long time