Sokoujou and Filho

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sokoujou and Filho
titoPAortiz1
7/15/07 7:53:05PM
Why wouldnt the UFC sign these two guys they are a few of the better fighters in their weight classes? Or is it maybe they don't want to sign with the UFC and if that's the case then again I wonder why? Just wanna see what ya'll think.
Rush
7/15/07 8:08:20PM
I know that Soku was offered a contract, but it was lower than he wanted.
richieb19
7/15/07 8:25:39PM
Paulo Fihlo was picked up by WEC, he's facing Joe Doerkson next... I think the reason why the UFC picked him up is quite obvious though, he's very boring yet extremely talented, he would beat most of the division and screw up any plans the UFC had with more interesting and marketable fighters...

Sokoudju was offered a spot with UFC and Elite XC, but apperantly turned them both down... rumor has it he's signing with K1 HERO'S...
Northrend
7/15/07 8:54:33PM

Posted by richieb19

Paulo Fihlo was picked up by WEC, he's facing Joe Doerkson next... I think the reason why the UFC picked him up is quite obvious though, he's very boring yet extremely talented, he would beat most of the division and screw up any plans the UFC had with more interesting and marketable fighters...

Sokoudju was offered a spot with UFC and Elite XC, but apperantly turned them both down... rumor has it he's signing with K1 HERO'S...

I agree, I think it is kinda like that Matt Lindland shananagins. Matt Lindland was the #1 contender and then Dana fired him because he wore a shirt...
Dana really fired him IMO because he didn't want Rich Franklin (champ at the time) to loose to a "boring" (I love wathcing him fight but alota people find him boring) fighter. Same goes for Filho. Soko just went for the money, guess K-1 is gona pay him nicely. Kinda nice to see some of the good fighters not just going to the UFC to make MMA more diverse and not have everyone in the UFC.