Sokoudjou wants Tito or Shogun

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sokoudjou wants Tito or Shogun
Next Page »
GrandMaster313
7/23/07 1:18:15PM
On a recent Full Contact Fighter radio broadcast, Sokoudjou has stated that if he fights next in the UFC he wants to fight Tito Ortiz. If he fights next in Pride then he wants Shogun. Considering that it has been announced that Shogun will be fighting in the UFC (at UFC 76), it looks like if Sokoudjou is to get his wish he will need to come to the UFC!

Sokoudjou fights at light heavyweight and holds wins over Ricardo Arona and Big Nog's little brother (little Nog).

http://mma.gocurious.com/archives/235-Sokoudjou-wants-Tito-or-Shogun.html
aznteabagger
7/23/07 1:27:48PM
then sign with the ufc
GrandMaster313
7/23/07 1:32:29PM
my appologies to those before who have read this. i put the URL in wrong. here is the correct address
gspgnp
7/23/07 1:57:14PM
It's real easy to call someone out when you won't sign with the org. they are fighting in. He should sign then call them out otherwise......go fight cans in Bodog.
GrandMaster313
7/23/07 2:43:14PM
i'd like to see sokoudjou fight ortiz first and fight shogun after
xphycorx
7/23/07 3:03:55PM
i don't think Sokoudjou is at the level of either ortiz or shogun. he has to beat a few more guys before he can be considered on the level of ortiz and shogun. his first round loss to Teixeira doesn't help his case either.
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/07 3:21:49PM
let him fight tito for tito last fight on his contract. because I dont want to see rashad/tito 2
GrandMaster313
7/23/07 3:42:28PM
warglory
7/23/07 3:52:39PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

let him fight tito for tito last fight on his contract. because I dont want to see rashad/tito 2

Amen
Copenhagen
7/23/07 4:41:38PM

Posted by xphycorx

i don't think Sokoudjou is at the level of either ortiz or shogun. he has to beat a few more guys before he can be considered on the level of ortiz and shogun. his first round loss to Teixeira doesn't help his case either.

I disagree, Soko is on/passed Tito's level.
cmill21
7/23/07 4:53:10PM
lil nog and arona aren't pushovers.
nubby
7/23/07 4:58:30PM

Posted by cmill21

lil nog and arona aren't pushovers.

Styles make fights maybe? I think Sok is still unproven. Not enough fights and people haven't really ahd a chance to disect his game. After a few more fights people will start to catch on and have gameplans for him.
Signal2112
7/23/07 6:10:28PM
He'd do well to fight Tito, but maybe not Shogun. I mean, Shogun is just bombastic.
cmill21
7/23/07 6:19:29PM
Well styles might make fights but arona wen't the distance with fedor so he can't be a can thats easily exploited.
nubby
7/23/07 6:44:53PM

Posted by cmill21

Well styles might make fights but arona wen't the distance with fedor so he can't be a can thats easily exploited.

That's true but would you say that Fedor has KO power like Liddell has? I'm only suggesting the idea that it's easier to go the distance against someone that won't knock you out in one punch, not that Liddell is better than Fedor.
cmill21
7/23/07 6:49:47PM
I see where your coming from, I think this fight would be good. Soko does need to prove himself more, but he has been impressive in his 2 pride fight you've gotta admit. I think tito would be a great test, shogun....it'd test his chin against knees lol.
Ordep
7/23/07 8:59:49PM
another good LHW fighter to the UFC... hmmmmm

if that happens Dana should consider an UFC LHW GP
so the people can see that Chuck Liddell is nothing compared to all these guys.... I bet even Bisping can KO him.
jomatty
7/23/07 9:05:43PM
tito would be crazy to take the sok fight imo. if he loses it would be a serious blow to his attempts at rejuvenating his career and if he wins he beat an up and comer that noone in the US knows anyways.

oh yeah, and chuck is still competitive and can beat anyone at any time
cmill21
7/24/07 12:54:30AM
I really don't think he can beat rampage. It's more then just rampage being better then him, he just has his #.
italianpride
7/24/07 4:38:55AM
First of all Soko is passed Tito's level, who has Tito beat in the last 3-4 years?? Cote, Belfort, Forrest, and of course Ken Shamrock. Soko in two fights has accomplished twice as much, knocking out Lil Nog and Arona. Arona is a better version of Tito, who rarely gets caught standing (more impressive Soko could do it) and with better BJJ. Arona would school Tito in a fight. Lil Nog is in a different league then Tito, he got caught, he'd never been stopped before and once again it just proves the skill Soko has.

Chuck has more power then Fedor?? LOL I don't think so. Fedor demolishes monsters like Goodridge and Zulu and knocked over CC with a forearm. Rampage walked through Chuck's punches continually, Fedor would destroy him. He hits way harder with a lot more velocity, but Chuck is pinpoint accurate and strong himself. Either way, Chuck's days are numbered. I won't be surprised if Jardine KOs Chuck, remember I said that, and afterwards Chuck has to fight Silva, this is his retirement tour.
Aries2343
7/24/07 10:01:58AM
No I dont even see him at Shoguns level the only way he beat little nog was by a lucky kick i bet he problely lose to tito
hardhitta513
7/24/07 7:59:06PM
i wanna see a rampage vs tito, soko vs. shogun, an tha #1 iceman liddell vs. wandy, hendo gonna do in rampage but i think he could test himself better at fighting anderson silva or rich franklin they make better match ups in my eyes..an he will seems how he's prides champ. an i got chuck over jardine in sept. check out my other picks
GrandMaster313
7/25/07 1:35:01PM
rampage would destroy tito
MisFiT
7/25/07 1:39:59PM
If Sokoudjou fights the Tito we've seen recenlty he has it, I believe he can rely on his striking for Shogun as well, but no doubt Shogun is a better and more well rounded striker than Sokoudjou.
bigstik01
7/26/07 6:22:14PM
i agree. i think soko would knock tito out in the first round
nubby
7/26/07 6:55:11PM

Posted by bigstik01

i agree. i think soko would knock tito out in the first round

No, Tito would knock Sok out in the first round.
cmill21
7/26/07 7:26:18PM
Arguing about something that will never happen...Even if soko comes to the UFC tito's got one fight left and then he'll be gone. I think soko would win by KO round 1, and lose to shogun round two via flying knee.
TOMMYAYO05
7/26/07 11:59:35PM

Posted by Signal2112

He'd do well to fight Tito, but maybe not Shogun. I mean, Shogun is just bombastic.

i like sokudujo but tito would crush him i believe i mean two wins over huge names but i mean come on it could be luck i wanna see him step up to the hunnington beach bad boy to then get beat down.
cmill21
7/27/07 12:00:56AM
Two fights against two top 10 guys, ending the exact same way is not luck.
TOMMYAYO05
7/27/07 12:36:17AM

Posted by cmill21

Two fights against two top 10 guys, ending the exact same way is not luck.

yeah but i also think tito is better than both those guys
Pages: [1] 2