Sokoudjou Talks Upset Over Nogueira

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sokoudjou Talks Upset Over Nogueira
shackle
2/28/07 11:17:43AM
Sokoudjou Talks Upset Over Nogueira

Link
BalledBull
3/1/07 12:54:38PM
Soko has gotta feel like a straight up warrior right now. Huge Deal for him. This is going to open up many new avenues in MMA for Soko. Dam good fight to IMO
nate22
3/1/07 7:56:16PM
I'm just absolutley gutted that I didn't place a bet on him, i'm not going to be encouraging any typical silly hype until we have seen the guy fight a few more times and gets a few rounds under his belt.
hippysmacker
3/1/07 9:53:19PM
I'm afaid Pride might throw him against another top guy, instead of giving him a chance to improve. I still think this was a fluke, but only time will tell. He obviuosly has great physical skills, but throwing him in against any of thier highly regarded LHVY's except Overeem( who I think is overated and should fight at HVY) would be a waste IMO. A fight against Lil Nog again, Shogun, Nakamura, Arona or Wandy would be a bad idea to me.I say give the guy a chance to grow before throwing him into the fire.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/1/07 10:23:08PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm afaid Pride might throw him against another top guy, instead of giving him a chance to improve. I still think this was a fluke, but only time will tell. He obviuosly has great physical skills, but throwing him in against any of thier highly regarded LHVY's except Overeem( who I think is overated and should fight at HVY) would be a waste IMO. A fight against Lil Nog again, Shogun, Nakamura, Arona or Wandy would be a bad idea to me.I say give the guy a chance to grow before throwing him into the fire.

I dont think it was a fluke. He was tossing leg kicks that were connecting and set up that hook beautifully. I think lil nog didnt respect his talent. Im hesitant to say it was a fluke because then one could say all KO's are flukes. IMO!
TheArtOfWar
3/2/07 5:34:19AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree .It was a test match for him and he did well
SteedTheDeed
3/5/07 12:42:22AM
just the start in what will be a good career.
poll77
3/5/07 12:49:13AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree, I am scared they will throw him in with Shogun. After taking a beating from Shogun he may wanna hang em up jk haha. Who knows what they will do with them though? Pride may not even know.
Spiderman
3/5/07 2:04:57AM
My guess is he will be fighting Yoshida .
teamquestnorth
3/5/07 5:49:05PM
i wouldnt be surprised if his next fight is with wanderlei. sokoudjou trains with team quest so he'll know how to clinch and wont be like a fish out of water on the ground
migo
3/5/07 9:55:53PM
I'd expect them to try to build him up as a star. He's huge so has a lot of the appeal that Randleman and Bob Sapp have, and he also took out one of the top ranked fighters in his division. I wouldn't be surprised to see them match him against a few cans with different styles so he can feel out his weaknesses without too much risk and then start setting him up with tougher fights.
Berti
3/6/07 6:08:21PM
cant really tell what his skills are from that one fight, will have to see him fight a couple more guys...