Sokoudjou to Fight Winner Liddell v Jackson?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sokoudjou to Fight Winner Liddell v Jackson?
ezkl2517
4/13/07 11:55:57PM
Purely speculation but it was mention on the Beatdown radio show today. It seems right.
Ridding the Sokoudjou bandwagon!!!!
WAR Sokoudjou !!!
Thoughts...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Svartorm
4/14/07 12:06:14AM
I think they should match Sokoudjou against a good striker first to see how he handles that. I haven't seen enough of him to say one way or another how he'd fair in a fight with Liddell or Jackson, although I've seen enough to say that his two Pride fights aren't flukes.
hippysmacker
4/14/07 1:01:28AM
I heard the show , it was just a callers suggestion, not any kind of informed rumor. Josh Gross said the only thing he had heard about Chuck is that if he and Cro-cop didn't lose the rest of this year they might fight.This goes under dream match ups, and i admit to wanting to see it, but it goes to the MMA lounge with the reat of the dream match ups.
jdubs
4/14/07 11:58:47AM
in pride or ufc? i dont think he can stand with chuck. its really to early to judge this guy. i think when he beats chuck or rampage it is safe to call him the real deal
JimiMak
4/14/07 2:19:10PM

Posted by Svartorm

I think they should match Sokoudjou against a good striker first to see how he handles that. ..

Like lil Nog?
methodman_90
4/14/07 3:00:09PM
How would they market Sokoudjou vs. Jackson/Liddell? Most UFC fans have never heard of him and wouldn't think he deserved a shot. Saying that he knocked out Arona and rogerio won't help either coz they don't really know Arona and Rogerio
hippysmacker
4/14/07 3:06:25PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Svartorm

I think they should match Sokoudjou against a good striker first to see how he handles that. ..

Like lil Nog?

Lil Nog is the Brazilian boxing champ. One point that Josh Gross did make on the beatdown about Sokoudjou that I agree with. He pointed out that he looked great in the beginning of the the Teixera fight in the Wec, then he got hit, and looked bad and got beat . I've seen this fight and I agree, I would like to see him in a longer fight and see how he overcomes adversity. The problem, although it's really hard to think of quick impressive butt kicking as a problem, is that we haven't seen him get hurt and recover . Lil Nog was known for his chin, and that was a powerful shot he ate. I actually thought Lil Nog had the best chance at 205 of beating Chuck, anybody can get caught and this is still a fight I would like to see.Still, I think Chuck's chin is better, I think Chuck would eat Sokoudjous punch and drop him.Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I think he should fight Wandy next. If he beats Lil Nog, Arona, and Wandy in a row there is no way he shouldn't fight for at least one the Pride/UFC 205 belts IMO. As long as Hendo, his training partner is the Pride champ, that seems to point to him fighting Chuck.
fedorwins1
4/14/07 6:24:07PM
Sokoudjou is like Chuck Liddell to me, only needs one punch to end the fight. If Sokoudjou and Liddell were to fight, it would end in a vicous knockout that's for sure.
jdubs
4/14/07 9:16:09PM

Posted by methodman_90

How would they market Sokoudjou vs. Jackson/Liddell? Most UFC fans have never heard of him and wouldn't think he deserved a shot. Saying that he knocked out Arona and rogerio won't help either coz they don't really know Arona and Rogerio

same way they marketed cro cop, heath, and rampage
Huckit
4/15/07 12:02:52AM
it was part of a question asked by a troll at sherdog forums who rings into beatdown every week. he rung up twice this week the 2nd team pretending to be don frye.

there is nothing in the works concerning this match and this thread is waste of space

pv3Hpv3p
4/15/07 4:15:28AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Svartorm

Like lil Nog?

Maybe a good striker isn't the right way to say it... But I would like to see him matched up against an aggresive striker like Wand or Shogun
bayonetxwork
4/15/07 10:46:50AM
Hell, I could careless if they put him up against an aggressive striker or not before hand. This fight would just be one of those make him or break him type things. He's gonna be the phenom in the sport. All we've really seen is his striking, and don't forget he is an olympic level judoka as well.
fedorwins1
4/15/07 11:19:57AM
I have him in my top 10, but I want to see how he reacts to getting hit, how his conditioning is, how much heart he has, etc. before I'm totally sold on this guy. Some people are already saying he is gonna beat Fedor
bayonetxwork
4/15/07 11:42:02AM

Posted by fedorwins1

I have him in my top 10, but I want to see how he reacts to getting hit, how his conditioning is, how much heart he has, etc. before I'm totally sold on this guy. Some people are already saying he is gonna beat Fedor

At the rate hes going it wouldn't surprise me! He has like 5 fights, and already beat rod and arona.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 1:06:46PM
I definately don't see him taking out Fedor, he's good but not that good. Fedor is a man of many tricks, not only does he have standup but his submissions are great as well. Hell, it was widely thought that Matt Lindland had a chance at Fedor but look at how that turned out. I say give him Dan Henderson instead of Liddell, that'll prove how good he really is. Liddell is mainly a striker wotha good sprawl where as Henderson is all around, he's a great wrestler and as we all saw from the Wandy fight he has one hell of a punch too. or another option is to give him the loser of Liddell and Rampage. if he can't take the loser he can't take the winner