Sokoudjou Explains Why He Called Out ‘Shogun’ Rua

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sokoudjou Explains Why He Called Out ‘Shogun’ Rua
Next Page »
juanez13
5/29/08 7:20:40PM

“I would love to fight that guy. I’ve tried to fight him ever since I fought in Pride and he’s been ducking me. Shogun has been ducking me since the Pride days. Shogun’s camp told me that to fight him, I had to fight [Evangelista] Cyborg [Santos] first. I told them I want to fight Shogun, not Cyborg, and then Pride went away and now he’s in the UFC and he hasn’t fought for a minute. I know he got injured for his last fight, but I think by the time I’m ready to fight again hopefully he should be ready and will take the fight.”

Well, now he’s gone and done it. It was one thing to subtly call out “Shogun” on the UFC broadcast, but if the storied history of Chute Boxe in Pride has taught us anything it’s that accusing a Brazilian of ducking you is the quickest way to send him into a murderous rage. Who knows, it might just the motivation that the oft-injured Rua needs to get back in the Octagon. No way can he let this slide.

LINK
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/29/08 7:23:28PM
Shogun needs a tune up fight after being out so long. Feed him Soko!
gartface
5/29/08 7:27:42PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Haha I dunno man Soko looked pretty sharp against Nakamura. Those body kicks were murderous. IMHO this has fight of the night/year written all over it if it happens.
wrona666
5/29/08 7:31:07PM
Could be an interesting fight, but i could see Shogun finishing the fight farely quickly......
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/29/08 7:31:42PM

Posted by gartface

Haha I dunno man Soko looked pretty sharp against Nakamura. Those body kicks were murderous. IMHO this has fight of the night/year written all over it if it happens.

Soko is def no can, i dont want anyone saying i said that

but a hungry shogun would eat him alive.....pun intended
holt8081
5/29/08 7:56:53PM
mmmm who told busta rhymes he could fight
Boo_Radley21
5/29/08 7:58:22PM
I think I'd have to give this one to Soko.
billycarnage
5/29/08 8:02:17PM
Of course Soko wants Shogun because look what happened to Griffin after his win. Shogun isn't ducking anybody and that is pretty obvious IMO. He wants to fight Liddell and that was arranged. I think Soko is crying for attention cause his lost to Machida took away all his steam. Shogun is not the right place to start. He would get kneebarred in less than a minute. He might as well get on his knees and beg Dana for a title shot.

I don't know what the troll is for I just always wanted to use it.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/29/08 8:05:01PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

oh how quick we forget

i cant wait to see Shogun's next fighht & see how many people pick against him

so many people are gonna be like.

"Damn, i havent seen anyone look that good since Pride when that one Brazilian guy....oh what's his name? Mario Hoowa? Mercutio Rua?" Anyways, that can really fight!"
DiabloFreak56
5/29/08 8:28:54PM
i would love to see this fight.
jae_1833
5/29/08 8:31:42PM
YUP.......when I picked Forrest I was just praying for an upset ( and since this isn't for real money I figured what the hell? ) But in all honest the guy is a top 10 guy (if not 5) in my book easily....Soko....not even close...He's 5-2!!!!
MaxOne
5/29/08 8:39:50PM
I'd love to see this fight...
imanidiot777
5/29/08 8:42:05PM
I should go look up some of Shogun's old fights and watch them because I haven't watched that many for some reason, so assuming all the stories are true I think Shogun should come back and kick Soko's butt and then fight Chuck.
Mayhem13
5/29/08 8:42:10PM
Sokoudjou also said in an interview I did with him a month or so ago, that he feels "Shogun may be a bit of a has been. but he hopes that he can come back and kick some ass.."

I hope this fight happens...it would be a good one for sure.
SmileR
5/29/08 8:45:21PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

oh how quick we forget

i cant wait to see Shogun's next fighht & see how many people pick against him

so many people are gonna be like.

"Damn, i havent seen anyone look that good since Pride when that one Brazilian guy....oh what's his name? Mario Hoowa? Mercutio Rua?" Anyways, that can really fight!"

Hahaha! Anyway i'm with you! Shogun would/will murder Soko.
juanez13
5/29/08 8:46:22PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Sokoudjou also said in an interview I did with him a month or so ago, that he feels "Shogun may be a bit of a has been. but he hopes that he can come back and kick some ass.."

I hope this fight happens...it would be a good one for sure.

has been he is only 26....if anything he is jut entering his prime, he's just been under the radar because of injuries, hopefully he can comeback 100%
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/29/08 9:16:54PM
shogun will win. would be an interesting fight.
NatedawgThaM
5/29/08 9:23:11PM
Shogun would absolutely destroy this bum. He needs to keep his mouth shut and don't cash checks where your chin can't hold up.

Easy 1st RD KO for Shogun. Would be a nice comeback fight for Shogun even though IMHO with that nagging knee injury, he's pretty much done. Might never be the same, but he can still beat Soko.
chubbud22
5/29/08 9:26:12PM

Sokoudjou should be carefull of what he wishes for; the last thing he should do is piss Shogun off.
prozacnation1978
5/29/08 9:30:27PM
lidell is fighting shogun next only other way would be if griffin beats rampage and then lidell fights rampage next freeing up shogun vs sokou
The_Italian_Stallion
5/29/08 9:36:33PM
I think the chances of this fight happening are slim to none.

I think even with all the power Dana and the Lorenzos have they still can't get Shogun off murder charges and then they lose one of their best fighters.
Jackelope
5/29/08 10:09:28PM
If Soko uses the same head movement and striking he used in his fight against Nakamura he's in for a LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG night with a healthy Shogun. Well, I take that back.. the night will be short, but the weeks afterwards will be hella long
Mchubb316
5/29/08 10:16:42PM
A healthy Shogun would beat Soko rather easily. Soko showed absolutley no sub defense against Machida, and his striking is not great. He has great power, but that doesn't make a good striker. Soko has a lot of work to do before he can just start calling out fighters like that. He should have called out Bonnar if anything.
loller90278
5/29/08 10:21:45PM
if anyones been following my posts (i feel sorry for the persons that do), they know i dont think too highly of chute boxe members. (or, former chute boxe) i think sokkys raw strength will be too much for shogun. i think he's a sloppy striker and now with the injuries, he might not be able to push the hectic pace he always has (sans the griffin fight).

i'm going against the grain here and will say sokky would chop him down with leg kicks, and pull off a UD.

this is assuming sokky doesn't have the glass jaw that people (including me) might think he has.
Manfred
5/29/08 11:27:41PM

Posted by imanidiot777

I should go look up some of Shogun's old fights and watch them because I haven't watched that many for some reason, so assuming all the stories are true I think Shogun should come back and kick Soko's butt and then fight Chuck.

Start with:

Shogun vs. Rampage

and

Shogun vs. 'lil Nog (part1)

Part 2

And a healthy Shogun will demolish Sokou, IMO
DevonFoxy
5/29/08 11:54:07PM
Dang I love Soko and think he is the future of this division but if he doesn't mind me asking WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!

I give him a punchers chance but once Rua gets a hold of him it'll be over can you imagine if this fight does happen?

THis would mean in his short MMA career Soko has fought

Lil Nog
Arona
Machida
Nakamura
and Shogun

This is why he is the future when you get in the cage with the best at the age 24 and are training with arguably one of the best fight camps in the world think of the possibilities!

This is what people want Kimbo to go through. Call Soko stupid and call him too big for his britches but the man is a warrior and I would love to see this fight.
GrandMaster313
5/30/08 12:21:43AM
wow this could be something special. I wonder why Dana hasnt signed "Cyborg" yet ?
whardin19
5/30/08 8:04:56AM
I think Soko would give Shogun all sorts of trouble. He's big and a good striker. I would definetally be interested in seeing this matchup.
hodge
5/30/08 12:48:07PM
they would have watched him fight cyborg and made a perfect game plan for shogun to win.
billycarnage
5/30/08 1:39:56PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

I think even with all the power Dana and the Lorenzos have they still can't get Shogun off murder charges and then they lose one of their best fighters.

What the Hell?!
Pages: [1] 2