Sokoudjou Vs. Arona

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sokoudjou Vs. Arona
crimethinc
3/15/07 9:32:51PM
How do you think this fight will go? I know it's hard to get behind Sokoujou because he is still relatively uknown with the obvious exception. I've never really been super impressed by Arona and his decision filled record, but he's still most likely my pick. I guess the result of this fight will secure Sokoudjou as a true contender or just the guy that scored a lucky punch and Ko'd Nougueria.
Gladiator
3/15/07 10:38:40PM
yeah this fight will most definitely be the moment of truth for sokoudjou. lucky punch or rising star. should be an exciting fight... or a complete annihilation.
roman
3/15/07 10:54:21PM
Nobody knows how it will go because Sokoudjous last fight was, well, just crazy. This will be the fight to determine if it was a fluke or not.
johny_rotten
3/15/07 11:09:03PM
You have to think Sokkohsajghjkfhgjahsdfhjas;h is looking at Arona's chin way up in the air during all his fights, and just drooling. In all reality Ricardo will put him on the mat once in each round, and that is where the fight will stay.
cowcatcher
3/16/07 9:01:52AM
ive seen 23 seconds of soko so i dunno anything except that if you give him an opening he can make you sleep, but now that he isnt an unknown commodity i would expect arona to come out and respect him more than nog did, but ive seen arona enough to know that he can beat anyone on any given night so hes my pick
ffforgottenx
3/16/07 12:18:05PM
Sokoudjou vs Glover Teixeira

check it out.. the only other fight of his i can find.. not too impressed, IMO, and not just because of the outcome..
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 12:27:45PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Sokoudjou vs Glover Teixeira

check it out.. the only other fight of his i can find.. not too impressed, IMO, and not just because of the outcome..

thanks for the vid. i was very impressed even iwth the outcome he got hit with a big left hook. but he was always moving, had some good head work. the punches were down the pipe most the time had some nice kicks, his takedown defence looked good, many things i liked. i think he need to get his hands up but it seemed in his lastfight to keep them up that was the first time i had ever saw him fight so now seeing this vid makes me think more about his fight with arona but i still think i will stay with my pick of arona i have always been a big fan of his he brings such a high past that only a hand full of guys can handle.