Sokoudjou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sokoudjou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ricoj3323
11/13/07 1:45:29PM
I hope this rumor is true that Sokoudjou is coming to the ufc cause Sokoudjou is a bad man. Who should Sokoudjou fight first in the ufc? and how do u think he will fare in the cage? will the layoff hurt him?

how bout Sokoudjou vs. jardine or machida or maybe even tito?

or Sokoudjou vs. james irvin

please give me ur thoughts of this rumor
DustinT
11/13/07 1:51:17PM
good news if true.

i think it's more likely they'll throw someone like Irvin at him as opposed to your other picks. Might wanna build him up a bit.
cowcatcher
11/13/07 1:58:46PM
i hope its true, but who knows, this guy has been doing a lot more talking than fighting lately and i wish it was the other way around. if i had to pick an opponent for him id say houston alexander(although that wont happen in december) they both have had very similar "coming out" parties since entering major organizations and both like to bang. i dunno if irvin is even healthy yet after the fight with silva, so i doubt its him. if he does come im guessing it will be a b/c level fighter that he gets as a first opponent. maybe bonnar?
nickcuc547
11/13/07 2:04:09PM
irvin would be a good first match for him, he could showcase a highlight reel knockout because irvin is not a top lhw. after he gets by irvin give him a test in a top 10 lhw. i dont care who it is because no matter who he fights in the top 10 it will be a highly anticipated fight.
keith-hackney1
11/13/07 2:50:18PM
wheres this rumour coming from ???
cowcatcher
11/13/07 3:39:06PM
im gonna say it'll be machida, just a hunch
nickcuc547
11/13/07 3:46:16PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

mmajunkie said nothing is official.. yet
pv3Hpv3p
11/13/07 5:26:53PM
I think cowcatcher said it... The most intriguing fight would be with Houston Alexander... It could be for like the "Breakout Fighter of the Year" trophy or something...

But the first name that popped into my head, was Kazuhiro Nakamura... I don't know how long he ended up being suspended for, but it seems like Silva likes the judo / judo matchups... And this would more than likely be an interesting fight, since Nak is so damn hard to finish...

Ohhhh, maybe they could set him up a fight with Lambert.??? After his immpressive win against Babalu... It'd be a perfect fight
DustinT
11/13/07 8:51:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

looks possible.

wouldn't mind seeing him get the W as well.
rcg916
11/13/07 8:54:51PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by keith-hackney1

mmajunkie said nothing is official.. yet

MMAJunkie throws every possible rumor out, and then claims insider status when they are right.

Oh, and Irvin is out at least 6 months from the injury.
DustinT
11/13/07 11:31:45PM
ahhh forgot about that.....

is there really a JT team?

christ....
cowcatcher
11/14/07 11:13:42AM

Posted by cowcatcher

like i said......
rcg916
11/14/07 11:53:07AM

Posted by DustinT

ahhh forgot about that.....

is there really a JT team?

christ....

Careful what you say about JT around here, they are liable to come out of the woodworks, and Id be the first, with a ridgehand to the throat...

DustinT
11/14/07 12:37:37PM
*laff*

i figured as much.
i've seen plenty of the "Warwagons" on other sites.....just never really understood them much.

to each there own i suppose.
*shrug*
rcg916
11/14/07 12:52:55PM

Posted by DustinT

*laff*

i figured as much.
i've seen plenty of the "Warwagons" on other sites.....just never really understood them much.

*shrug*

Dont mistake the imposters for the originals... The JT War Wagon is THE ORIGINAL War Wagon.

Not too much to understand. We support JT in wins, losses, draws, no contests, whatever...

We are firm believers that you are a fan of a fighter in good times and bad... An ideal that honestly I wish the rest of the MMA fan kingdom would strive for.

Too much nuthuggery going on. We are, in essence, the anti-nut huggery brigade.

Unless you are talking JT... Then hug to your heart's content.

cowcatcher
11/14/07 12:58:56PM

Posted by rcg916

we just happen to be the original anti-nuthugging brigade
DustinT
11/14/07 1:21:26PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by DustinT

*laff*

i figured as much.

*shrug*

Dont mistake the imposters for the originals... The JT War Wagon is THE ORIGINAL War Wagon.

Not too much to understand. We support JT in wins, losses, draws, no contests, whatever...

We are firm believers that you are a fan of a fighter in good times and bad... An ideal that honestly I wish the rest of the MMA fan kingdom would strive for.

ahhh i agree with ya there d00d....
i can respect the support. Fans tend to bounce around fighters from fight to fight......especially on the internet.

just noticed we're both in sactown.
nice.
fedorwins1
11/14/07 3:32:24PM
Soko is a beast, but Machida is a ghost; he's impossible to hit. Machida UD.
pv3Hpv3p
11/15/07 11:12:06AM
I like that they're bringing in Soko and not feeding him some creampuff (no offense Elvis)
rcg916
11/15/07 11:22:29AM

Posted by DustinT

Posted by rcg916

Posted by DustinT

*laff*

i figured as much.

*shrug*

ahhh i agree with ya there d00d....
i can respect the support. Fans tend to bounce around fighters from fight to fight......especially on the internet.

just noticed we're both in sactown.
nice.

Yep, neighbors... sorta.

Kastro
11/15/07 6:56:03PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by DustinT

*laff*

i figured as much.

*shrug*

Your a funny guy.. I wish JT all the best, but he definitely isn't becoming champ anytime soon.
hippysmacker
11/16/07 12:04:31AM
Its official / From Sherdog Not to mention it's on UFC.com

Sokoudjou to Face Machida at UFC 79

Sokoudjou to Face Machida at UFC 79Thursday, November 15, 2007
Adding to the depth of its light heavyweight talent pool, the UFC on Thursday announced the signing of Team Quest's Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (Pictures), who will make his Octagon debut against undefeated Ryoto Machida (Pictures) at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on December 29.

The 23-year-old Cameroon native will enter the contest on the heels of two big wins over Brazilian Top Team fighters Anotnio Rogerio Nogueira and Ricardo Arona (Pictures) earlier this year. Sokoudjou's MMA record stands at 4-1-0.

Machida, 29, has an unblemished record in 11 bouts and is 3-0 in the UFC with wins over Sam Hoger (Pictures), David Heath (Pictures) and Japanese judoka Kazuhiro Nakamura (Pictures).
cmill21
11/16/07 12:16:49AM
I would like to know what soko's being paid. He scoffed at 20k per, wondering what they settled on.
keith-hackney1
11/17/07 11:02:36AM
machida vs sokoudjou, awesome fight, machida will take it.
machida knows how to win fights, he is not the most exciting but knows what to do to leave an impression on the judges minds for the scorecards.
Crisis167
11/17/07 5:06:07PM
So Umm yeah the rumors are true... Sokoudjou will be fighting Machida.. .It's posted officially on UFC.com

I'm excited to see Machida get his first loss against the African Judo Champion

Good luck Machida... You'll need it!