Sokoudjou: "He's the guy I go home and study"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sokoudjou: "He's the guy I go home and study"
Porch28
6/27/08 5:54:36PM
"Hopefully, Mr. Joe Silva will give me the fight I want. I've fought twice in the UFC and both times, it was for the UFC and the guys they wanted me to fight. I hope this time they will give me the guy I want for a change and I will be happy," stated UFC light heavyweight Sokoudjou as he continues to stress his desire to face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Check out what else he had to say as he explains why a fight with Rua is important to him. Plus, Sokoudjou shares his thoughts on Anderson Silva and Brandon Vera fighting at light heavyweight and much more.

LINK
joshryanshepherd
6/27/08 5:59:48PM
i would love to see him fight shogun. that would be an Amazing fight, considering they both have KO power and both are fairly Aggressive
Mchubb316
6/27/08 6:01:40PM
I hope they make this fight happen as well. This could set up a showdown, with the winner getting Liddell.
juanez13
6/27/08 6:04:15PM
Good to see he respects Shogun, didnt think that was the case when he first called out Shogun.
prozacnation1978
6/27/08 6:48:33PM
i think it will happen in oct/nov
Wolfenstein
6/27/08 7:19:50PM
Why would Shogun fight the highly overrated Sokoudjou? Lyoto absolutely crushed him. He just kind of stood in the center of the ring pivoting while Machida circled and launched attacks.

In his next match I don't think he looked dominant against a C- level fighter in Nakamura. Shogun was about to fight Chuck before an injury, so instead he comes back and fights Sokoudjou? No way dude.
Porch28
6/27/08 8:26:00PM
I just cant wait for Shogun to comeback
mrsmiley
6/27/08 8:29:34PM
This would be a very good fight.Considering how both of their last matches went,I wonder what kind of shape they would both show up in.
wrona666
6/27/08 8:36:37PM
This would be an exciting thirty seconds!!!!!
Ordep
6/27/08 8:50:12PM

Mauricio "Shortcut" Rua, his new nickname. He just want to do the same thing Forrest did. I never bought this guy hype and never will. IMO he doesn't deserve Shogun yet.
DevonFoxy
6/27/08 9:08:32PM

Posted by luke420187

Why would Shogun fight the highly overrated Sokoudjou? Lyoto absolutely crushed him. He just kind of stood in the center of the ring pivoting while Machida circled and launched attacks.

In his next match I don't think he looked dominant against a C- level fighter in Nakamura. Shogun was about to fight Chuck before an injury, so instead he comes back and fights Sokoudjou? No way dude.

Nakamura is not a C- level fighter by any means. Wins over guys like Bustamante and Randleman and check out his L's only to the top competition in the LHW division. I really couldn't disagree with you more on how your making Nakamura into some can.

bigbubbano23
6/27/08 10:07:20PM

Posted by wrona666

This would be an exciting thirty seconds!!!!!

^
NEGATIVE NANCY
Figsak
6/27/08 11:41:58PM
Nakamura isn't bad, he's just not great. he's on the level of Ryo Chonan or Punk Minowa. Those 3 are just brave Japanese fighters who will fight anyone at any time. Unfortuneately none of the 3 have the skills to match up to their massive balls. They'd own a second rate venue, but they just can't match up to the top tier.