Soko or Cane?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Soko or Cane?
POLL: Who Will Win
Sokoudjou 57% (37)
Cane 43% (28)
nickcuc547
7/15/08 5:38:49PM
Who's gonna win?? I'm going with soko, but somebody is getting knocked out cold in the first round, don't count out cane, glover texiera pressed soko and got the win, this fight could be similar.
postman
7/15/08 5:44:13PM
No doubt Soko.
GrizzlyChadams
7/15/08 6:01:11PM
This fight is very close. I'm going with cane, no real reason, just a gut feeling.
nickcuc547
7/15/08 6:12:05PM

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

This fight is very close. I'm going with cane, no real reason, just a gut feeling.

i'm tempted to go with him too, if he gets the underdog bonus i will without question.
Franklinfan47
7/15/08 6:50:19PM
One of them is going to sleep in the first round, im just hoping its not soko.
jiujitsufreak74
7/15/08 7:08:09PM
i think Soko over commits and walks into that vicious left hand that Cane has. Soko should really utilize his judo and take him down, but i have never once seen him really take advantage of his judo skills so i don't think that is gonna change. he is still very inexperienced and i think that Cane has some serious power in that left straight and Soko is gonna be at the wrong end of it all night.
prozacnation1978
7/15/08 7:16:59PM
i think sokou wins this and fights shogun next
eyeforeigneye
7/15/08 7:28:26PM
Soko is gonna make a costly mistake and try to trade punches with Cane and will probably get knocked the **** out... ive got Luiz Cane winning early
casketcoin
7/15/08 7:28:42PM
soko. no doubt
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/15/08 7:43:13PM
too close to call IMO.....soko is a beast but cane's nos louch

gonna have to think about this one a bit
sonicsmokesweed
7/15/08 8:11:52PM
nice matchup but i dont think cane can handle him but luis canes chins aint been tested K.O. First round by sokoudju
Purge
7/15/08 8:16:44PM
Sokoudjou claimed that he took his fight with Machida too seriously, which is why you didn't see the strikes. I think Soko will take Cane out in round 1.
juanez13
7/15/08 8:29:22PM
Cane By KO, havent decided which round to go with.

Cane IMO has better chin + stand up, Soko has mainly raw power, but hasnt got a great chin, if he takes it to the ground i dont think he'll finish Cane, and Cane will avoid most damage, standing i see him getting the KO win. Thats the only reason i havent decided which round, because maybe Soko will take it to the ground for a bit.
Kracker_Jap
7/15/08 8:45:35PM
I'm really not sold on Cane.... So Soko with the KO
Jackelope
7/16/08 1:06:50AM
Hate to sound like a soko nuthugger, here.. and I have guessed wrong on his bouts in the past- BUT...

I think Cane likes to use the knees from the clinch too much. Lifting your knees in the clinch against a Judoka is not a smart move, IMO. I go with a Soko decision here, actually. I think he won't wanna play on the feet and his throws/GnP will take the decision.
fonduktoe
7/16/08 3:58:53AM
cane impressed me and i think soko is way overrated (top ten in this division-gimme a break)
i hope everyone picks soko for the win so i can get better odds on cane
gsquat
7/16/08 4:00:55PM
This will be a standup fight. Having said that, I think Cane is the better overall striker with his knees and kicks. Soko has Cane in the punching department, but thats about it. Cane, R1 KO/TKO.
MikeyG
8/22/08 7:17:49PM
Cane is the dark horse of the UFC's LH division, he'll be top 10 by mid '09

Unless Soko catches a flash KO Cane is gonna slip that left all night and get the KO, I think he will have a serious issue with the south paw. This is gonna be easy money because Soko is so highly overrated and Cane is so underrated, this fight is ending up like Reljic / Gouveia, nobody knew Reljic except the people who knew that he trains with CC and is also a south paw with dangerous standup.
warglory
8/22/08 8:19:55PM

Posted by MikeyG

Unless Soko catches a flash KO Cane is gonna slip that left all night and get the KO, I think he will have a serious issue with the south paw. This is gonna be easy money because Soko is so highly overrated and Cane is so underrated, this fight is ending up like Reljic / Gouveia, nobody knew Reljic except the people who knew that he trains with CC and is also a south paw with dangerous standup.

Tell Lil Nog, Arona and Nakamura that Soko is overrated.
LionHeartWarchild
8/22/08 8:30:54PM
No matte rwhich way it goes, I'm sure its going to be a great fight, pulling for Sokoudjou though!
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/22/08 8:34:59PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by MikeyG

Pretty hard to argue with two top 10 and one top 15 win.

This has FOTN written all over it. Cane has big, big power and IMO probably would have beaten Irvin. I'm taking Soko, but it would not surprise me at all if Cane takes it.
Wolfenstein
8/22/08 10:56:39PM
I think Cane takes this one. He has better footwork and a real nasty streak that I think Soku lacks. I really haven't been impressed with Soku (it's hard to believe this guy knocked out LIl Nog and Arona).

Soku hits hard but everything is telegraphed. On the mat against Machida he seemed lost. I don't understand why because he has a great background in Judo.

Luiz is too nasty for him. He's going to impose his will, be physical, and break him down. Either a first or second round KO for Cane.
Mayhem13
8/22/08 11:24:44PM
Cane by more technical standup, and Sokoudjou beign to aggressive and walking into a huge shot, while throwing a wild leg kick.
MikeyG
8/23/08 4:09:01AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by MikeyG

Ah I see what you did you took one part of the sentence and turned it, but ok I'll ask Glover too.

Funny you should bring up Lil Nog and Arona, he would lose to them 8 times outta 10, which surely qualifies as a bit overrated dont ya think?
copcopps
8/23/08 1:10:52PM
Same here used to be a Soko nuthugger but I like Cane now too. I thnk they're both cool.

plus Underdog bonus=very tempting to me
mrkennedy
8/27/08 3:38:06AM
good matchup by joe
warglory
8/28/08 7:53:02PM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by warglory

Posted by MikeyG

Ah I see what you did you took one part of the sentence and turned it, but ok I'll ask Glover too.

Funny you should bring up Lil Nog and Arona, he would lose to them 8 times outta 10, which surely qualifies as a bit overrated dont ya think?

Really? The only losses I have seen have been on Arona's and Nog's records, and both matches together add up to less than 3 minutes. Tell me where you get these 8 out of 10 wins again?
kaduey
8/29/08 5:11:41PM

Posted by Purge

Sokoudjou claimed that he took his fight with Machida too seriously, which is why you didn't see the strikes. I think Soko will take Cane out in round 1.

Fighters always make bad excuses as to why they've lost their fights. This is one of the worst.
breakdown5
8/30/08 10:52:07PM
I'm goin with Cane on this one. I see him coming in strong and putting soko down late in the first. Cane is a machine. Soko looked a little blah in his last fight, even in victory (at least from what I remember, I'll have to watch the fight again).