How much soda/pop/cola do you drink??

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » How much soda/pop/cola do you drink??
Next Page »
hathcock32
12/6/08 4:23:32PM
I was reading the topic on kidney stones and it got me worried. I feel like i really do have a soda drinking problem. I know it sounds crazy. I sometimes replace meals when im in a hurry for a Coke. How much soda do you guys drink daily/ weekly?? I would say i drink around 80 oz. a day.
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 4:34:42PM
Wow 80oz's huh? Reading the kidney stone thread kind of worried me a little as well.

I'm typically not a big soda drinker, but I work at a restaurant so it can become a matter of convenience. Mostly I'll stick to lemonade or bottled water.

When I'm off work though typically I drink fruit drinks, like Vitamin Water, Powerade, Life Water, Gatorade, etc.

I'd say on average I probably consume maybe 16oz's a day. If we had Dr Pepper it would probably be more.
Twenty20Dollars
12/6/08 4:35:28PM
I stopped drinking pop like 2+ years ago. My friend got kidney stones from drinking too much pop at work because the drinks were free.

But I used to drink like atleast a can of pop everyday.
postman
12/6/08 4:49:15PM
I try not to drink too much but 2 cans a day is about right some days alot more if I don't I get headaches for a few days then I can go with out. I have went on like 6 month stints without it but always seem to fall off the wagon.
loller90278
12/6/08 5:03:17PM
after u dont drink coke for a while, you realize how disgusting it actually tastes. if i ever had soda (rarely) it's either sprite or fanta.

DCRage
12/6/08 5:05:03PM
Way too much. On an average day I'd say about 32-40 ounces between work and home, a little bit less at work since I try not to have it with breakfast.
dannyfrank
12/6/08 5:09:15PM
i used to drink the hell out of some coke, but now i rarely drink it at all. i might have 2 or 3 sodas a week
Mungooch
12/6/08 5:47:47PM
I stick to good old OJ
Jackelope
12/6/08 6:20:56PM
I came to the realization that soda is the devil a few years back.

I drink maybe 1 or 2 cans a month, and I don't miss it. You just gotta get over that initial hump that says to drink it whenever you order fast food or whatever. Get lemonade or juice instead
Solidus
12/6/08 6:28:37PM
I dont know how much truth is in the whole kidney stones are caused by pop idea. I do know that in the majority of cases they're caused by dehydration or calcium deficiencies. So if you're drinking pop all day chances are you arent getting enough fluids. I think the recommed amount of water is around 10-12 8oz glasses a day...if you're getting that much with coke or whatever you drink included then there shouldnt be anything to worry about.
Boo_Radley21
12/6/08 6:30:56PM
Too much
dannyfrank
12/6/08 6:31:33PM

Posted by Jackelope

I drink maybe 1 or 2 cans a month, and I don't miss it. You just gotta get over that initial hump that says to drink it whenever you order fast food or whatever. Get lemonade or juice instead

lemonade isnt that great though either. it rots your teeth like crazy if you drink a lot of it because there is so much sugar in it
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
12/6/08 6:36:24PM
I havent had a soda in years . I stick to plain water or carbonated water .
Jackelope
12/6/08 6:54:16PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Jackelope

lemonade isnt that great though either. it rots your teeth like crazy if you drink a lot of it because there is so much sugar in it

Yeah it's not the greatest for you, but I always make my sodas at subway like 3/4 lemonade and then the last 1/4 water. Just so it's not too over the top.

At least it's not carbonated and syrupy as all hell like Soda is
loller90278
12/6/08 7:44:16PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Jackelope

Yeah it's not the greatest for you, but I always make my sodas at subway like 3/4 lemonade and then the last 1/4 water. Just so it's not too over the top.

war chocolate milk @ subways
king_katool
12/6/08 9:08:40PM
ive been trying to cut out the soda and choc milk has been my sub. i drink a litre a day
beerman77
12/6/08 10:03:32PM
when i used to deliver full time i would bye a 12 pack of dew in the morning at my 1st stop and run and gun all day i would be lucky to have one left at the end of a ten to 12 hour day.. stopped drinking pop lost 12 pounds in like 3 weeks haha.
bojangalz
12/6/08 11:16:49PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Jackelope

For the record, I think the lemonade at subway is "lite" so it has a lot less sugar. But the real secret is crystal lite. I stopped drinking pop earlier this year, and i don't miss it at all. As a cop, i spend a lit of time sitting alone in my car and soda wasn't exactly helping my weight. Now I drink about 4 liters of water a day and just mix in packs of crystal lite. You can get 10-count boxes at walmart for like $2.50, so it's way cheaper then soda as well. You gotta hit the rasberry lemonade, you won't be disappointed. I also really like lipton green tea packets (pink lemonade flavor). but i only have one of those a day because I've heard that excessive green tea can also lead to kidney stones.

Bottom line, I dropped more than 20 pounds over the summer by making small changes to my diet. I know that soda was a big part of the problem.
Aaronno9
12/6/08 11:52:01PM
I drink far to much. Never really worried about kidney stones before, i just make sure to brush my teeth more often becouse i only like the really sugary pop.
FrankTheTank1181
12/7/08 12:42:28AM
I work for a pop company so I get pretty sick of seeing pop. I don't drink nearly as much of it as I used to.
Jackelope
12/7/08 1:16:01AM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by Jackelope

For the record, I think the lemonade at subway is "lite" so it has a lot less sugar. But the real secret is crystal lite. I stopped drinking pop earlier this year, and i don't miss it at all. As a cop, i spend a lit of time sitting alone in my car and soda wasn't exactly helping my weight. Now I drink about 4 liters of water a day and just mix in packs of crystal lite. You can get 10-count boxes at walmart for like $2.50, so it's way cheaper then soda as well. You gotta hit the rasberry lemonade, you won't be disappointed. I also really like lipton green tea packets (pink lemonade flavor). but i only have one of those a day because I've heard that excessive green tea can also lead to kidney stones.

Bottom line, I dropped more than 20 pounds over the summer by making small changes to my diet. I know that soda was a big part of the problem.

I might have to give that stuff a try. Usually I just drink regular water throughout the day and then lemonade or fruit punch at lunch.

Edit: and yeah that lemonade at subway is lite lemonade.
RNC
12/7/08 3:06:26AM
I quit drinking soda a long time ago. Its just pointless calories. I started by switching to diet, then just stopped drinking it all together. I say I probably have one soda a month.
MMAcca
12/10/08 12:57:16AM
Not a lot for me, maybe a can every now and then. I'm more of a juice man tbh. Or a nice cup of tea
jakeiceman
12/10/08 2:14:33AM
I honestly think pop is addicting how bout you guys? I know it is probably just the caffiene but on some days if I dont have one, I feel like garbage and as soon as I chug one I'm feeling better. Geez major props to you guys who have given it up. I only drink diet because regular soda is empty sugar calories but thats still quite the feat. I think maybe I will give it a try.
Rollins
12/10/08 4:27:48PM
How much soda I drink is relative to how much alcohol I drink. Vodka and coke, how I ended up mixing vodka and coke is a mystery even to me....just doesn't sound right does it? I'll drink a pint of vodka and mix it with a 12oz coke or less.

On a drinking rampage one coke a day tops, if I'm not drinking alcohol I'm not drinking pop.

MILK is the best drink in the world that don't get you drunk....WAR!!! MILK!!!

(and to the popaholics I was reading about in this thread, man a 12 pack of mountain dew would send me to the moon!! I'd need a hand full of xanax after drinking all that lol)
Jackelope
12/10/08 5:11:58PM
LOL so I got a 32oz Mt. Dew last night in honor of this thread. I was shaking like hell after I finished that thing. It was tasty, though.. that I will definitely admit!
dannyfrank
12/10/08 5:30:39PM

Posted by Jackelope

LOL so I got a 32oz Mt. Dew last night in honor of this thread. I was shaking like hell after I finished that thing. It was tasty, though.. that I will definitely admit!

haha! yeah, mountain dew will f*ck you up if your not careful
Mitchell740
12/10/08 6:16:19PM
Does anyone else only drink soda on occasion? Like maybe a few glasses at a resturant like every 2 weeks? I feel like a minority.
Mayhem13
12/11/08 12:07:28AM
a lot.

probably 20-30 oz a day.
MMAcca
12/11/08 1:07:36AM

Posted by RollinsisGod

How much soda I drink is relative to how much alcohol I drink. Vodka and coke, how I ended up mixing vodka and coke is a mystery even to me....just doesn't sound right does it? I'll drink a pint of vodka and mix it with a 12oz coke or less.

Vodka and coke is a popular drink in the UK
Pages: [1] 2