Sobral on Mousasi: When I Started Fighting, He Was Still on His Mother's Lap

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sobral on Mousasi: When I Started Fighting, He Was Still on His Mother's Lap
emfleek
7/24/09 8:27:17AM
Since making his debut in 1997, Renato "Babalu" Sobral has seen more than a few hot prospects capture attention before fading away. His Aug. 1 Affliction: Trilogy opponent, Gegard Mousasi, is perhaps the latest in a long line of hyped young stars who has excited observers with his potential.

And while only time will tell if Mousasi meets the predictions that many are forecasting for him, Sobral can only concern himself with the present. And what he sees is a talented kid who is a bit short on experience.

STORY
mentalcase
7/24/09 9:30:56AM
this may be the best fight left on the card

and its a hard one to pick
The_Metal_Maniac
7/24/09 9:52:45AM
I've got Babalu picked in this one. I expect an underachieving state side performance from Mousasi. He has a bright future, unfortunately there putting him up against a bad ass in Sobral. My technical breakdown is magnificent.
teddythetuna
7/24/09 12:02:07PM
This is the best fight on the card. I have Mousasi picked but Babalu is one of my favorite fighters. ill probably end up changing my pick a hundred times before the fight happens though. Really tough to pick on this one
Boo_Radley21
7/24/09 4:46:37PM
Babalu is the man, O'll always be a fan of his but won't be happy until he's in the UFC. I'm sure he'll submit or tko mousasi