Soares says Silva is Willing to Take on GSP after 112

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Soares says Silva is Willing to Take on GSP after 112
Gogoplatapus
1/22/10 1:50:36PM
http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=307230

Anderson "The Spider" Silva remains undefeated in his UFC career. His ten-fight winning streak is the longest in UFC history, putting his name in every conversation about the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

The current middleweight champion has been so dominant since joining the UFC in 2006 that he may need to venture outside of his weight class to find a challenge, something his manager Ed Soares claims he is more than willing to do.
marcoDGK
1/22/10 2:26:49PM
Like the sound of that.
DaBeatdown
1/22/10 2:43:37PM
Of course he's willing, he outweighs him by 40 lbs
BigBadAl
1/22/10 3:01:04PM
I don't think GSP is as willing.
Giant_Ochai
1/22/10 3:16:06PM
Smart move. Now GSP has to either accept or be the one to disappoint the fans.
State_Champ
1/22/10 3:19:52PM

Posted by BigBadAl

I was thinking the same thing.

And if the fight did happen, what kind of reach advantage would Silva have?
cowcatcher
1/22/10 3:24:09PM
gsp is fantastic, but i think hed be a bit over his head against anderson. its on just about everybodys dream matchups list, so id obviously like to see it, but i dont like GSPs odds.
karn501
1/22/10 3:26:19PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by BigBadAl

he has a 3.6 inch reach on gsp
postman
1/22/10 3:30:12PM
Do you guys think GSP could take him down?
cowcatcher
1/22/10 3:33:23PM

Posted by postman

Do you guys think GSP could take him down?

id think that that would be his gameplan coming into the fight, but anderson has KO power in his jab that can drop bigger guys, so getting close would be tough. IF he took him down its still a tough position because silva is so damn long that a sub could come in an instant. the more i think about it the less i like GSPs chances man.
brooklynbadass
1/22/10 3:47:08PM

Posted by marcoDGK

Like the sound of that.

silva also says he will fight at heavyweight
Boo_Radley21
1/22/10 4:10:31PM
If they were the same size I would pick GSP in a second. But Silva is KOing LHWs and subbed Henderson so I just can't pick St. Pierre. If it happened I'd be cheering for him the whole time though.
bjj1605
1/22/10 4:30:45PM
Anderson is both a better fighter and bigger. There's no way GSP takes this fight. I'd kinda like to see it because its a super fight... but I see no reason for GSP to take the fight. He should stay in his weight class. I wouldn't blame him for ducking Anderson.
marcoDGK
1/22/10 4:32:41PM

Posted by brooklynbadass

Posted by marcoDGK

Like the sound of that.

IMO, It's more likely he would fight WW than HW.
1daveufc
1/22/10 4:48:08PM
It will be the same as b.j penn vs gsp the good big man beats the good little man.But only gsp will not get pulled out he will get knocked out.
SpiderSilva
1/22/10 4:58:13PM
I think the mystic of Anderson would be in GSPs head before the fight started but GSP is one guy who would take Silva down and keep the fight there but I would pick Silva via flying knee KO
xdanish020
1/22/10 5:04:56PM

Posted by marcoDGK

Posted by brooklynbadass

Posted by marcoDGK

Like the sound of that.

IMO, It's more likely he would fight WW than HW.

negative
BigBadAl
1/22/10 5:14:09PM

Posted by bjj1605

Anderson is both a better fighter and bigger. There's no way GSP takes this fight. I'd kinda like to see it because its a super fight... but I see no reason for GSP to take the fight. He should stay in his weight class. I wouldn't blame him for ducking Anderson.

I am not sure I would agree that Anderson is a better fighter. GSP is more efficient and well rounded but Anderson is streets ahead with the stand up. If they did fight the advantage would be Anderson's just because of the shear size difference. If however they were both the same size I would say it was 50/50, and may even give the edge to GSP as I feel pound for pound GSP is stronger. If GSP was the same size I could see him winning by GnP.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
1/22/10 6:04:59PM
One of the reasons why GSP is so good at setting up the takedowns is because he has a reach advantage on all of his opponents . Hes able to strike outside of his opponents range and as soon as they get in range , GSP changes levels for the takedown . Against anderson , GSP will have a huge problem getting in and outside of range without getting hurt . GSP wont be able to setup the takedowns because Anderson will always be outside of range . IF hes in range , Anderson will punish him . I think Anderson would sit back waiting to counter GSP's takedown and ultimately KTFO him with a flying knee . It would be similar to the way Anderson was sitting back waiting to counter Lutter with that knee , luckily for lutter , it just missed . I dont see anyway GSP can win .
Pookie
1/22/10 6:33:30PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by BigBadAl

1 1/2 inch reach advantage. 76 to 77 1/2

Pookie
1/22/10 6:37:27PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

One of the reasons why GSP is so good at setting up the takedowns is because he has a reach advantage on all of his opponents . Hes able to strike outside of his opponents range and as soon as they get in range , GSP changes levels for the takedown . Against anderson , GSP will have a huge problem getting in and outside of range without getting hurt . GSP wont be able to setup the takedowns because Anderson will always be outside of range . IF hes in range , Anderson will punish him . I think Anderson would sit back waiting to counter GSP's takedown and ultimately KTFO him with a flying knee . It would be similar to the way Anderson was sitting back waiting to counter Lutter with that knee , luckily for lutter , it just missed . I dont see anyway GSP can win .

Couldnt agree more with you
Rush
1/22/10 10:29:54PM
I'd be more interested in Silva fighting top 5 fighters at LHW or anyone at HW.
BeeR
1/23/10 7:28:52AM
he's all about fighting a much much smaller GSP, ....but would he fight Fedor?