Are these "smart" picks?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Are these "smart" picks?
NatedawgThaM
9/27/07 3:15:08AM
I got 400$ on Mcdonald beating Okami...

I got 400$ on Alvin Robinson beating Jorge Gurgel

I got 500$ on Big Tim beating Vera....

In your opinion do you think these are smart bets?

Jason has a better ground game then okami submission wise and there stand up should be pretty close....

Jorge Gurgel is overrated barely beat all the fighters in all his UD wins he has in the UFC and I think Alvin easily dominate him and come back strong after being dominated by Florian...

And BIg Tim has a HUGE reach and is probably working his but off and his more determined then ever so I feel he could win easily...

So please tell me if these HUGE wagers are smart or stupid....
Twenty20Dollars
9/27/07 7:31:03AM
Im not so sure about Macdonald beating Okami.
Okami is way too strong for Jason, more powerful puncher dont see Jason getting him in a submission, either G'n'P for Okami or decision.

But I agree with you on Alvin Robinson and Sylvia winning
CornishMMA
9/27/07 9:39:10AM
Yeah Alvin is definately a good wager and im actually PICKING him to win as well, Petz is the next best dog wager with those odds what with Burkmans gas tank but i dont think Jason is at all

Jason has a better ground game then okami submission wise

I completly disgree dude, check out their records, Okami has never been subbed and Jason has been choked by Cote and armbarred by Horwich! He has improved by the cote loss was march last year so i see Okami doing the same thing in the 3rd. And Yushin has much better striking which is clear in how they faired against Franklin
tuvok500
9/27/07 10:14:15AM
i agree with your 500$ on silvia to beat vera.

but not for the others 2.

but i can tell you that everything can happend and nobody have an easy fight, we saw so many strange thing in the previous 2 events .

MMAnomale
9/27/07 11:15:55AM
Although i'm picking Big Tim to win, and wil enjoy watching "The Truth" lose, Sylvia won't have as much of a reach advantage as much as he's used to having. Still though, decent picks, but I wouldn't bet against Okami. And just like the post above, there are no more easy fights in the UFC and ANTHING can happen.
tepid55
9/27/07 11:17:16AM
Sylvia has no chance against Vera. Macdonnald isn't a good wager either.
loonytnt
9/27/07 11:40:14AM
vera is going KO tim imo so if i was you 500 on that fight may not be the best thing to do but, you nver no
TNunley
9/27/07 2:00:23PM
The way I see it... Franklin is going to upset many people against Silva. I see Franklin GnP his way to victory. I'm putting $10k on this one for Rich.

I think Okami is really gonna have McDonald's number for this fight. Theres so much hype around McDonald and I'm not exactly sure why. GnP is obviously very effective against Mcdonald (been a while since I've seen someone throw in the towel before that fight Franklin/McDonald), and if Okami can get him there, I see a quick victory.

I personally think betting on Tim is gonna be a loss of money. I'm glad Couture took apart Sylvia, but I was anticipating Vera take him out. I don't think Tim can handle the kind of pressure Vera is gonna be putting on him. Tim most certainly has proven himself time and again, but I just don't think he will be able to compete with Vera on this one. I see Vera in a late round 1 or early round 2 knockout. Plus you mentioned Tim's reach... I don't think he will have any "substantial" advantage with this.... Couture almost knocked him out and I don't see Vera's reach being much different from Couture's
IrishMMA
9/27/07 8:05:57PM
If your going to make 2 big bets on this card for me the best 2 are Sylvia +200 and Franklin +250..............

I see both Gurgel and Okami winning so i wouldnt bet against them!!!!!
originalconspiracy
9/27/07 8:44:41PM
gurgel, mcdonald, vera are my picks, but i believe okami will beat the jason
mkiv9secsupra
9/27/07 9:33:21PM

Posted by MMAnomale

Although i'm picking Big Tim to win, and wil enjoy watching "The Truth" lose, Sylvia won't have as much of a reach advantage as much as he's used to having.

huh?! You know Vera is small right? Sylvia is going to pick him apart for a whole round before the KO.
loonytnt
9/28/07 12:36:21AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by MMAnomale

Although i'm picking Big Tim to win, and wil enjoy watching "The Truth" lose, Sylvia won't have as much of a reach advantage as much as he's used to having.

huh?! You know Vera is small right? Sylvia is going to pick him apart for a whole round before the KO.

vera is to fast for him, Tim is big, ok thats it... he does not have anything on vera,vera is better at his stand up ground game, what is tim going to do when vera is hitting him when he wants
BerndRealBad
9/28/07 4:21:31AM
If you have the money to spare, then MacDonald isn't a bad bet. I don't really see him winning the fight but I think the odds are good enough where betting some money would be alright. As far as Alvin Robinson, I've only seen that one fight against Florian, which doesn't really give me a high opinion. Sylvia I actually see winning, considering that if you look at his history, has Vera fought anyone even close to being a top 20 heavyweight? Assuerio Silva he caught in a guillotine which I was impressed with, but he knocked out Justin Eilers (who hasn't in the UFC) and beat up on a horribly out of shape Frank Mir. Yet people put him in their top ten list for heavyweight, which I think is absurd. But then again, my main league record over the past two cards has been about at 50%, so listening to me might not be the best course of action.
gravy13
10/1/07 3:58:06PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I got 400$ on Mcdonald beating Okami...

I got 400$ on Alvin Robinson beating Jorge Gurgel

I got 500$ on Big Tim beating Vera....

In your opinion do you think these are smart bets?

Jason has a better ground game then okami submission wise and there stand up should be pretty close....

Jorge Gurgel is overrated barely beat all the fighters in all his UD wins he has in the UFC and I think Alvin easily dominate him and come back strong after being dominated by Florian...

And BIg Tim has a HUGE reach and is probably working his but off and his more determined then ever so I feel he could win easily...

So please tell me if these HUGE wagers are smart or stupid....

I agree with your McDonald bet. I think he is going to win by submission.

I think Gurgel is going to submit Robinson by the second or third round.

If I were you I wouldn't bet against Vera. He is going whoop Slyvia by TKO or KO and when he does I am going to do this--->
jgtribbett
10/3/07 6:58:54AM
i'm going gurgel. vera, okami
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/10/07 4:33:35PM
Although I think The Athlete can pull it off against Okami I wouldnt bet on it, The Kid is a good bet, I do think The Truth will dominate Sylvia and I would maybe add Grice to your list
jgkino
10/10/07 9:56:30PM
I would have to disagree with all those picks. I dont even like Jorge Gurgel. But then again im 24-12.