Slow Day on the Playground

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Slow Day on the Playground
Next Page »
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 2:16:32PM
So this seems to be an extremely slow day on the Play Ground. A day when I need the Play Ground because work is terrible busy, I need something to get away from the madness. Work is plain and simple making me sick. Sick of helping people, sick of caring about getting product out, sick of working over time, just sick of everyone in this building. Does anyone have a fun topic we can discuss or anything to get some wonderful endless banter going? Please help.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 2:32:12PM
We could talk about how USC is going to mop the floor with the rest of the college football landscape in about 3 weeks.
Poor_Franklin
8/7/12 2:38:27PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

We could talk about how USC is going to mop the floor with the rest of the college football landscape in about 3 weeks.

we need an ignore function on this site for this time of year.
kopower
8/7/12 2:40:44PM
I'll throw out a topic. Best Saturday Night Live actor? Best skit ever on SNL?

Tough to pick just one. My favorite skit was probably Chris Farley and his motivational speaker character. A real close second is probably the Jeopardy skit with Will Ferrell and dude that played Sean Connery.
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 2:46:36PM

Posted by kopower

Tough to pick just one. My favorite skit was probably Chris Farley and his motivational speaker character. A real close second is probably the Jeopardy skit with Will Ferrell and dude that played Sean Connery.

Ill agree with those ones. Both really solid.
I like Canteen Boy with Adam Sandler and Alec Baldwin.

Anything with Sandler, Farley and Ferrell is solid on Saturday Night Live.
Mike Myers and Phil Hartman were good back in their prime.
Poor_Franklin
8/7/12 2:47:13PM
my favorites chris farley & phil hartman.

alec baldwin is easily the best host ever & his canteen boy skit w/ adam sandler is one of my favorites
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 2:48:18PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I will respectfully disagree. I think the Badgers of Wisconsin are going to run all over the nation. My boy Ricky Wagner will lead their gigantic O Line, first round draft pick next year, we hope.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 2:52:05PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I will respectfully disagree. I think the Badgers of Wisconsin are going to run all over the nation. My boy Ricky Wagner will lead their gigantic O Line, first round draft pick next year, we hope.

Oh, my friend. Your Badgers couldn't even contain the offense of Oregon. An offense we held in check while never trailing them. We only got better and everyone else lost several key people. USC is honestly the only team that is better than they were last year. Especially now that we have Silas Redd.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 2:53:40PM

Posted by kopower

Darrell Hammond played Connery.

Coincidentally, he also played the friend in Walken's famous Colonel Angus skit. Which is one of my all time favorites.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 2:58:18PM
If you're talking about some of the best SNL skits, the ESPN Classic skits have to be in the discussion.

Ladies Darts on ESPN (SNL)
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 2:58:57PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Oh, my friend. Your Badgers couldn't even contain the offense of Oregon. An offense we held in check while never trailing them. We only got better and everyone else lost several key people. USC is honestly the only team that is better than they were last year. Especially now that we have Silas Redd.

Defensively no the Badgers couldn't handle the Ducks. But I think their offense will be one of the best around again.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 3:01:48PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Defensively no the Badgers couldn't handle the Ducks. But I think their offense will be one of the best around again.

I don't know how much USC you guys get out there. We don't get a ton of Wisconsin, but I'm also not your average CFB fan, so I find a way to watch teams I want to see.

I think Wisconsin will be good, but I am not convinced that they are even the best in the BIG. Should be the odds on favorite to win it, especially with PSU and Ohio State banned from competing beyond the regular season. They'll be an interesting team, but I think they're gonna lose a game or two.
scoozna
8/7/12 3:03:06PM
The Shake Weight parody commercial was the funniest thing I've seen from SNL in a while...

Shake Weight parody
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 3:09:34PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I don't know how much USC you guys get out there. We don't get a ton of Wisconsin, but I'm also not your average CFB fan, so I find a way to watch teams I want to see.

I think Wisconsin will be good, but I am not convinced that they are even the best in the BIG. Should be the odds on favorite to win it, especially with PSU and Ohio State banned from competing beyond the regular season. They'll be an interesting team, but I think they're gonna lose a game or two.

I would agree with that. We lost a lot at QB. But our D got better and our running game should be to that of last year.
BuffaloDave
8/7/12 3:15:48PM
One of my favorite SNL skits was Eddie Murphy doing the Buckwheat sings skit.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 3:16:12PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I would agree with that. We lost a lot at QB. But our D got better and our running game should be to that of last year.

I'll tell you what, Michigan has my interest this year. I've always been a fan of Grady Hoke and I know he can do well. I'm interested to see if they can build off last year's Sugar Bowl victory with another competitive season.
airkerma
8/7/12 3:27:39PM
To maintain both topics:
1. U Cinci will dominate the Big East en route to an undefeated season and bowl game victory.

2. I always enjoyed the celebrity jeopardy skits on SNL, and actually the ones with Burt Reynolds over Sean Connery.
"Haha. I changed my name to Turd Ferguson. Haha. It's funny"
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 3:32:45PM

Posted by airkerma
2. I always enjoyed the celebrity jeopardy skits on SNL, and actually the ones with Burt Reynolds over Sean Connery.
"Haha. I changed my name to Turd Ferguson. Haha. It's funny"

I love the ones with Turd Ferguson as well. Classic every time. Only part that's not funny on those is when Jimmy Fallon is playing French Stewart....truly not funny.

Im also a fan of Ferrell's The Lover skit, when they are in the hot tub.
pmoney
8/7/12 3:38:22PM
SNL has always been a favorite of mine

One of my favorite sketches from the late eighties/early nineties was called "How much ya bench?" It was like a panel/call in show, it had Sandler, Farley, Spade and some others. They would talk about how much they bench, callers would share how much they bench, and they would all scream and cry and swear they don't do steroids. Pure gold.

One of my favorites from the mid nineties- early 2000's featured Will Ferrell. In the sketch, he was trying to help his wife (I believe played by Muriel Hemingway) get out of a phone conversation she didn't want to continue. In doing so, he yelled a bunch of awful stuff about beating her and shoving balloons of heroin up her ass, among other things.

Also, pretty much any episode hosted by John Goodman, Christopher Walken or Alec Baldwin is worth a watch in my book
FastKnockout
8/7/12 3:45:44PM
Does anyone else feel a guilty pleasure while cheering on our favorite serial killer, Dexter Morgan?
airkerma
8/7/12 3:48:55PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Does anyone else feel a guilty pleasure while cheering on our favorite serial killer, Dexter Morgan?

No, definitely not...but at work do you ever feel like a Dexter surrounded by an office full of Debs? I mega loathe Deb, she's annoying as hell and not particularly attractive.
cowcatcher
8/7/12 3:53:21PM
The Jeopardy sketches still hold up and are funny any time you watch them.
I really liked the attack of the masturbating zombies sketch where zombies were just moaning like crazy.
The sketches where they worked in a high end fashion store and Ferrell rode in on a hover round were great.
I loved The Continental sketches with Walken as well, they always delivered.

As for the Badgers, they won't be that great this year, sadly. The QB spot is too much of a question mark, so even though they'll be able to run on most teams, the passing game is going to be far worse than last season. The defense isn't up to snuff either, so I'm thinking 3rd or so in the BIG and a crappy bowl game. They won't be bad, but they won't live up to last season's team at all.
Budgellism
8/7/12 4:32:11PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

my favorites chris farley & phil hartman.

RIP to both.
prophecy033
8/7/12 4:32:43PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by FastKnockout

No, definitely not...but at work do you ever feel like a Dexter surrounded by an office full of Debs? I mega loathe Deb, she's annoying as hell and not particularly attractive.

especially when she does that thing with her mouth when she's talking. That and she's rail thin with no rack
FastKnockout
8/7/12 5:14:59PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by FastKnockout

No doubt! Never knew someone could bitch and moan so much. To make it worse, she goes crazy on anyone who tries to talk to her about their own issues.
KungFuMaster
8/7/12 5:27:26PM

Posted by FastKnockout

No doubt! Never knew someone could bitch and moan so much.

I just can't help it.
FastKnockout
8/7/12 5:30:52PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by airkerma

Posted by FastKnockout

especially when she does that thing with her mouth when she's talking. That and she's rail thin with no rack

It surprised me when I heard her and Dexter's actor were once married. Made me wonder what he saw in her.
prophecy033
8/7/12 6:01:57PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by airkerma

Posted by FastKnockout

It surprised me when I heard her and Dexter's actor were once married. Made me wonder what he saw in her.

She Lola ok every now and then but not marriage material but hey, when you're around someone that much shit happens

FYI, they got divorced
SpiderSilva
8/7/12 10:10:19PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

How dare you. Colorado might just score a TD on them this year. sure the score might be 45-7 but hey they got one
BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 10:29:31PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

How dare you. Colorado might just score a TD on them this year. sure the score might be 45-7 but hey they got one

Yeah, Matt Barkley might throw for 8 TD's against them instead of 6.
Pages: [1] 2