Sleeper picks fot the TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sleeper picks fot the TUF
TruestSoulSoljah
9/30/08 7:10:11PM
Im not saying these guys will win, Im saying these are some under the radar guys that have a chance. Its pretty apparent who will do well this season and who wont. I expect the finale to be Efrain vs. Phillipe, and kostof or magalhees vs. Bader. And then theres guys like Jon Kokowski who will lose fast. The sleeper for each division, I am going with Shane Nelson and Tom Lawlor. Lawlor was efficient and strong in his opening match. Dont expect him to win it, but he can surprise. Then there's Shane Nelson. Most figured it was Joe Duerte who Dana tabbed the lightweight Anderson. But with him losing right away and signing with another promotion that's doubtful. Prolly it is Phillipe Nover, but I can see it being Shane Nelson. Look at his fight. Look at all those knees he was throwing and the intensity he was bringing. Its funny cause no one picked up on it, but he may be the guy Dana was talking about. Still I think it's Phillipe.
mrkennedy
9/30/08 10:53:59PM
LHW:Shane Primm
LW:Shane Nelson
TruestSoulSoljah
10/1/08 9:54:45AM
Lets gets some more love on this topic. DasRy.
GrizzlyChadams
10/1/08 5:30:48PM
I just haven't seen enough of the guys to really get a good idea of their skill level yet.
nickcuc547
10/1/08 5:57:25PM

Posted by TruestSoulSoljah

Im not saying these guys will win, Im saying these are some under the radar guys that have a chance. Its pretty apparent who will do well this season and who wont. I expect the finale to be Efrain vs. Phillipe, and kostof or magalhees vs. Bader. And then theres guys like Jon Kokowski who will lose fast. The sleeper for each division, I am going with Shane Nelson and Tom Lawlor. Lawlor was efficient and strong in his opening match. Dont expect him to win it, but he can surprise. Then there's Shane Nelson. Most figured it was Joe Duerte who Dana tabbed the lightweight Anderson. But with him losing right away and signing with another promotion that's doubtful. Prolly it is Phillipe Nover, but I can see it being Shane Nelson. Look at his fight. Look at all those knees he was throwing and the intensity he was bringing. Its funny cause no one picked up on it, but he may be the guy Dana was talking about. Still I think it's Phillipe.

agree because i expect junie to be the one kicked off. one guy that i haven't understood the hype over is maghales, he is only 2-2 and he didn't look great in the highlights of his first fight. i know he has great jiu jitsu and trains with team quest, but I need to see a little bit more of him.

btw: i like efrain vs. nover i the lw and bader vs. sozynski in lhw, but both divisons seem pretty competitive.
StorminYourman
10/1/08 7:26:01PM
Nover will probaly make the final fight and win the contract