Siyar Bahadurzada Wants B.J. Penn Fight Bad Enough He'll Donate Fight Purse To Charity

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Siyar Bahadurzada Wants B.J. Penn Fight Bad Enough He'll Donate Fight Purse To Charity
Budgellism
8/6/12 6:01:28PM
With Rory MacDonald pulling out of the UFC 152 bout with B.J. Penn after sustaining a very bad cut in training, the question is if the UFC will move the bout to either 153 (as Penn wants) or 154 (as MacDonald wants), or if they'll just give Penn a new opponent.

Siyar Bahadurzada crushed Paulo Thiago in 42 seconds in his UFC debut and now he'd like to be the man who gets to fight B.J.:

@SiyarTheGreat

Siyar The Great

(1/2) The only reason I wanna fight @bjpenndotcom is to test my will and warrior spirit vs his. I'm not fighting for money! @UFC @danawhite

Aug 06 via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

@SiyarTheGreat

Siyar The Great

(2/2) I'm willing to donate my fight purse to a charity to prove that it's not for financial reasons & will take VADA tests! @UFC @danawhite

Aug 06 via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

LINK
DrivenDavies15
8/6/12 6:10:18PM
Interesting to say the least. His fight purse would be made up in the FOTN bonus anyhow lol, this would be a sick fight.
frizzzlecake
8/6/12 6:16:14PM
Honestly like this fight better than the Rory Mac fight.
sparky
8/6/12 6:21:08PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Honestly like this fight better than the Rory Mac fight.

I dont I was looking forward to watching Rory Mac smash BJ
tcunningham
8/6/12 6:25:30PM
this would be a great fight. i think rory would have destroyed BJ anyway. i like siyar, and a fight with BJ would show if he can still live up to the hype.
Pookie
8/6/12 6:26:52PM
Canada universally hates BJ Penn.

I like the fight.
sparky
8/6/12 7:01:41PM

Posted by Pookie

I like the fight.

We sure do

We feel the same way about BJ as the Americans do about Bisping
prophecy033
8/6/12 7:08:55PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Pookie

I like the fight.

We sure do

you guys REALLY don't like BJ
Aether
8/6/12 7:22:21PM
I'm Canadian and BJ was always one of my favourite fighters.
bjj1605
8/6/12 7:27:35PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Interesting to say the least. His fight purse would be made up in the FOTN bonus anyhow lol, this would be a sick fight.

I think you've just found the spin in his statement.

He'd donate his fight purse to charity, but if he won or even put on a good fight, Dana would compensate him in bonuses.

This is a great PR move though.

Posted by Aether

No.

Multiple posts have already established the fact that Canadians do not like BJ Penn.

Therefore, please retract your statement or renounce your Canadian citizenship.

Your choice.
Budgellism
8/6/12 7:28:11PM

Posted by Aether

He's not one of my favourites but I've rooted for him on several occasions. I've got nothing against B.J. at all tbh. I think he's very talented and has shown signs of greatness during pivotal moments in his career. I've made it well known I like him much more at Lightweight though.

Oh, and Bisping is much, much worse than Penn.
sparky
8/6/12 7:38:41PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by sparky

Posted by Pookie

I like the fight.

We sure do

you guys REALLY don't like BJ

LMAO

I'm just bustin balls I dont hate him I just really like Rory Mac
Sir_Karl
8/6/12 8:23:05PM
It is in great spirit and it is a noble gesture by Siyar but honestly I don't think BJ will accept the challenge. It would be a great fight though but I would hate to see BJ lose.
prozacnation1978
8/6/12 8:59:55PM
Rather see bj vs alves or Akiyama
deck15
8/6/12 9:12:22PM
Who...? Get real this guy is not worthy of a fight with bj. even if he has a chance no one even knows this guy 1 fast ko doest mean you can just call out someone like bj and get the fight. If he wants a higher profile fight just say so but calling out guys is a bit premature for a guy with 1 UFC fight.
Poor_Franklin
8/6/12 9:15:07PM
i dont care as long as we get to see one of them this year
FastKnockout
8/6/12 9:21:36PM
Love this guy.
Wallass
8/6/12 9:59:29PM
Siyar is a killer! Never doubt someone from Afghanistan and I don't mean that in a jokey way just that they've been through a lot.
papercut
8/6/12 11:28:17PM

Posted by deck15

Who...? Get real this guy is not worthy of a fight with bj. even if he has a chance no one even knows this guy 1 fast ko doest mean you can just call out someone like bj and get the fight. If he wants a higher profile fight just say so but calling out guys is a bit premature for a guy with 1 UFC fight.

I implore you to research more than just siyar's UFC career.
Bubbles
8/7/12 12:00:16AM
I'd love to see BJ get KTFO
Gogoplatapus
8/7/12 12:23:11AM

Posted by Aether

Same here.
george112
8/7/12 12:33:27AM
I'm with the rest.

Wouldnt mind seeing this.

Rory . Siyar doesn't matter

hell bj could fight guida Maynard. anyone. And I'd still watch and be happy about it
JLS1980
8/7/12 10:23:53AM
I still would rather see Siyar Bahadurzada vs Thiago Alves. Those two were suppose to fight at Ufc 149 and the card was butchered with injuries so we ended up getting Matt Riddle and Chris Clements in return.

deck15
8/7/12 12:32:55PM

Posted by papercut

Posted by deck15

I implore you to research more than just siyar's UFC career. [/QUOTE

Trust me when say I know who and what hes done but how many "fans" of the sport know who he is? BJ on a card can sell out an arena and ppv sells are up when hes on the card. Siyar on the other hand cant sell out a local YMCA. And thats my point BJ isn't going to take a fight against a rather unknown fighter even if hes a beast.
BuffaloDave
8/7/12 12:34:45PM

Posted by papercut

Posted by deck15

I implore you to research more than just siyar's UFC career.

Or listen to him when he was on MMA@Work , after that interview, I am ready to see him fight whomever.
emfleek
8/7/12 9:58:41PM
Wait...we have Canadians on the PG?

FML.

bigrand826
8/8/12 5:14:45AM
Wait, wasn't it Siyar that was dogging Rory for calling out BJ because he was retired, really a LW, and something about accusing Rory of trying to build his name up on a legend at the end of his career?

I thought I read a thread on here about this a while back, but maybe I'm mistaken.